20 days off DXM... again.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

that's right, but I think especially in early recovery it helps if you can relate to someone. I just recently finally met someone else in NA who did DXM, they are hard to come by, especially in smaller towns, like mine.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've met a few other people who did DXM as well. I agree that it isn't about which drug you do, but it has helped me to find other people who did DXM so that I wouldn't feel so out of place or alone in recovery.

I'm glad to see others doing well too! Let's keep it up.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I actually found now I prefer not to talk about my DoC, especially with those who did it and are in early recovery. The guy I talked to has a few weeks clean. He's looking much better this go-round, but he still glorifies, and it is hard to listen to, kwim? In my "past lives" in NA I always fed into the glorifying, always picked it out of any message I might have heard. Now to hear how this guys friend got dex from China and yadda yadda, I just didn't want to talk about it. Once the obsession is gone, there is no point in talking about drugs, it just doesn't interest me like it used to.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm sort of the same way. I don't like to talk about any specific drug use or stories. They usually start me daydreaming about using again (even if it's about a drug I've never done).

But at the same time, it was really comforting to be in a room with a fellow dxm addict even though we almost never spoke specifically about the drug itself. My initial reaction to finding out that the guy had a DXM addiction to was sort of a mixture of apprehension and relief.

These days, I never tell people my DoC when I go to meetings.