Never thought anything seriously before

Old 05-17-2010, 02:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

Thumbs up Never thought anything seriously before

I have never thought anything seriously over 30 years alcoholic period. I always drink when I had trouble with something. I've quit drinking in Feb last year. Since then, I think anything in my sober. It is bit hard for me so far. But any trouble could be worth to think. Thinking without alcohol is really tough, but it might be the way to recovery. So long time I did not take any responsibility. Pain supposed to be good. Thanks!

Last edited by ninja7; 05-17-2010 at 02:45 AM. Reason: gramatic miss
Old 05-17-2010, 07:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by ninja7 View Post
I have never thought anything seriously over 30 years alcoholic period. I always drink when I had trouble with something. I've quit drinking in Feb last year. Since then, I think anything in my sober. It is bit hard for me so far. But any trouble could be worth to think. Thinking without alcohol is really tough, but it might be the way to recovery. So long time I did not take any responsibility. Pain supposed to be good. Thanks!
It not so much thinking that is the problem as it is delusional thinking. There is a way weed out delusional thinking in 12 step recovery.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes. We have too much fears as we are alcoholics. That makes us delusional thinking. I have to think healthy.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've noticed in the last seven months how much clearer and more logical/sensible my thinking is. And I'm not near as negative as I was when drinking - much more positive and happier now. I feel like my mind is healing from the poison of living a drinking life.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think I know what you mean. Im ruled by my head, not my heart - which gets to me, I find it really hard to "switch off" and relax. Alcohol allowed me to do that and experience all these emotions that were so alien to me because i actively avoided them while sober. Now all this sober time dealing with my head constantly working overtime is hard. I have to make an effort to try and relax. I know that sounds like a contradiction in terms but its the truth. Good luck to you
Old 07-23-2010, 04:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I'm finding the longer I'm sober, the clearer my thought process. And amazingly, my memory is improving.

You're doing Great!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I found it harder to think about things when sober. I was used to dealing with personal decisions and problems by getting drunk. I kept working while I was drinking, but the personal issues were the lowest priority.

Some sober days my brain just feels frozen, but when I look at what I've accomplished in my personal life over the last 6 months or so, I think it's obvious that my thinking is improving when I'm sober. They are only little victories, but I have to start somewhere.

Keep with it ninja7! You're doing great!
Old 07-27-2010, 06:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ninja7 View Post
Great post Ninja! Stay with it!

Rob
Old 07-27-2010, 07:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Ninja -- I lived in Otsu for 2 years and I LOVE Osaka! I admire your ability to stay sober in the Japanese culture where alcohol is everywhere and so easily accessible. I like you post.

Using a sober mind to think things through makes a huge difference.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi, aehmnm!

My brother working in Otsu now. There is Lake Biwa where I used to go and swim in our childhood. We have alcohol everywhere even in train station, convenience store and vending machine. There are lots of Izakaya the Japanese pubs. Sobriety brings me happy life. Every day and night I realize sobriety keeps me healthy mind and soul. I sleep very good at night.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Gambate, Ninja!