who can I talk to right now? and how???

Old 12-14-2007, 01:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober Mother

Originally Posted by frescacan View Post
Jeff, if you're a real alcoholic, you don't need support and you don't need to sort through your "emotional baggage." You need a spiritual awakening that results from taking the steps. Any other advice can kill you. Find a sponsor that will take you through the steps out of the big book BEFORE he has you do ANYTHING else. PM me and I will be glad to give you my phone number and help you get hooked up with someone in your area.
I find this response rather dogmatic and narrow.
I'm not sure how helpful it is to be so prescriptive.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

"Jeff, if you're a real alcoholic, you don't need support and you don't need to sort through your "emotional baggage." You need a spiritual awakening that results from taking the steps. Any other advice can kill you. Find a sponsor that will take you through the steps out of the big book BEFORE he has you do ANYTHING else."

A journey through the steps as outlined in the BB of Alcoholics Anonymous is basically an in depth sorting through of a persons emotional baggage. This sorting through, finding out where we have been selfish,dishonest, self-seeking and afraid occurs with the support of a sponsor.

The steps can help, Jeff. But it seems you are on the right track. Talk to the guys at the men's group, pray, and avoid those who might be judgemental or make bold pronouncements. Except me, of course. My bold pronouncements (like the one I made above) are wise and insightful...just kidding. Best of luck and keep posting.
Mike
Old 12-18-2007, 04:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

thanks....

I appreciate all input....I do believe there is a God and it's not me. I feel today I have as much a chance at recovery as I did when I 1st came in in 1983.
I also believe that all action begins in thought, I need to be honest every day, I am an alcoholic and I am "different from my fellows" I am ok today.

best of Sobriety and best of the Season to all. Peace.

Jeff
Old 12-18-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

WE made a decision.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you are making progress Jeff...

Way to go!