Notices

Help on Adderall Overdose

Old 06-21-2006, 03:05 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

I just went through this with my son last week.

I didn't think he was an idiot and I'm really glad he told me about it.

Your mom would want to know about it. It will just take a couple of simple phone calls to clear this up. If you wait too long they won't be able to do anything for you if it turns out to be serious.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:06 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I know yall have greater reasoning power than I do and I know I'm making a huge mistake in not telling my parents, but at the moment I just can't get myself to do it. I have a cell phone and I went ahead and programmed both of those numbers into it as well as writing them on a piece of paper and sticking them in the pocket of the pants I will be wearing tonight. I have to start getting ready now and take a shower and get dressed so I'll be back in about 30 minutes or so and I promise I'll consider telling my parents while getting ready.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:06 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
ASH

How many mg's did you take? You said 4 pills?? Whats you dose per day?

I know you said you wont call anyone, I and everyone here are worried for you, I hope you decide to call one of the numbers...
Old 06-21-2006, 03:08 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm praying...

I'm praying that you decide to tell your parents, for if you were my child, I would want to know!

Hugs, my friend!

Alissa
Old 06-21-2006, 03:23 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Student,

Grab a cell and call the pharmacy and or poison control. In this day and age everyone has a cell-phone...borrow one.
You need to do this for your own piece of mind.
Dig deep and do the right thing.

Best,

Golf
Old 06-21-2006, 03:25 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Student,

Peak plasma concentrations for Adderall occur 3 hours after administration.

If you have any structural cardiac abnormalities an overdose could be fatal. Suddenly.

Forget tonight's task. Trust your parents and get them to help you. That is the most important thing right now!

Buzz
Old 06-21-2006, 03:30 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Okay, I just IMed my friend and he promised to keep an eye on me. I took about 150 mg give or take and my normal dose is 40 mg. I need to finish getting dressed and ready, but I'm seriously considering tell my parents about this before we go or in the car. I'm currently the head of my youth group, a new head is being installed tonight, and alot of them look up to me as an example and come to me when they are having trouble and to ask advice. I'm afraid that if I tell my parents I'll lose their trust and let them down. But, compared to this morning I'm feeling much better though I'm still a bit groggy and my forearms and legs are still a bit tingly.

I can't thank yall enough for the support, advice, and understanding yall have given me and even if I don't take all the advice yall have given me I greatly appreciate it and will never forget what yall have done for me. Thanks for putting up with me and yall should be proud of what yall are doing here and hopefully I'll get back with yall later tonight after the installation is over.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:48 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Edited...We cannot give medical advice.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:53 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Please let us know how you are doing when you can.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:54 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

It has now been 6 1/2 hours. I hope that you are feeling better now. The tingling is something that happened to me every time I started taking it after a "vacation" from it or when the doctor uped my doseage. Let us know how you are doing soon. Is your heart still racing?
Old 06-21-2006, 04:32 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

dont listen to me im not a doctor

call 9-1-1
Old 06-21-2006, 04:38 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

Christian,

I know you were only trying to help, but we are not pysicians and we can't tell someone here what to take for an overdose.

Editing your post was not meant to offend you and it wasn't personal.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:57 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

What if you tell your parents you think you accidently took to many pills that you couldnt remember if you took them so you took them again. I know I have taken meds then a couple hrs later questioned myself whether or not I took them cause its just a habit to take my meds daily and dont give it much thought when I take them. That way it doesnt look like you did it on purpose and just say you couldnt remember so you took another dose. And have them call around and find out what do to "just incase" you did take more than your dose since you cant remember if you did or not. I dont know how much sense this made if any but it wont make it look like you did anything bad and they can help you. KJ
Old 06-21-2006, 05:03 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

this raises quetion to the bigger issue, whether or not your should be taking adderall at all. you know as done said, its basically an amphetamine you are taking, and its use in treatment of ADD/ADHD is contrversial to say the least.

Do you think this drug is helping you overall? Do you think you are addicted to it? You konw long term use is not reccomened for this drug, so at some point you will have to stop taking it most likely. Do you think you will be ready to do this?

you should talk to your psychologist or doctor about these issues, and tell them about this experience. Maybe this drug isn't the best for you, and you should consider other options.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:20 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

As your Eastern Star sister...

I implore you to tell your Mom...
Old 06-21-2006, 07:26 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Paused

Life is to precious to take such a careless risk. I think you should really examine why you did what you did. That careless move could have cost you your life. You are aware of that, aren't you?
Old 06-21-2006, 08:25 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Student,

I see from "who is online" that you are still among us. Thank goodness!

Live and learn. Learn and live!

Buzz
Old 06-21-2006, 08:39 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I've tried a number of different drugs and unfortunately none have worked as well as adderall. All the other ones are unable to keep me focused and adderall works the best for me and basically allows me to make A's. I actually only take adderall when school is in sesion or when I have to memorize something for DeMolay so I hadn't taken it in about a month before I took it today, and I actually hate taking it. It does have some annoying side effects but I'm able to work around them and get past them.

Anyways, the Chapter Advisor was understanding and let me read a simple part instead of overseeing the whole thing. Its about an hour drive to the lodge and about three quarters of the way there the tingling stopped and on the car ride home the grogginess left and now all I have is a dull headache. Luckly as far as I can tell I'm a little worse for the wear but basically okay. At the moment my body feels like its been in overdrive all day, which I guess it has, my head hurts a bit, and I'm tired so, I'm going to go to bed and get some rest and see how I am in the morning. If things get any worse I'm going to tell my mom Carol, but at the moment it seems like I'm getting better.

I now I took a stupid careless risk that could have costed me my life, I just wasn't thinking at the time I took the adderall because I was worrying and stressing out about other things. I don't ever plan on doing a thing like that again and I'm thankful that so far it looks like there aren't going to be any lasting side effects.

Thanks again for the help and support yall, I'll check in again when I wake up.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:47 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Thanks for checking in. I am glad you are okay. Hang in there.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:51 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
To Life!

Student;
We are not doctors!
Asking strangers on an internet for medical advice is not a smart thing to do. Anyone can give you any kind of foolish information - even *if* they mean well. And there are too many fools out there in the world to trust your life to one of them.
You have a right to medical privacy. It shouldn't prevent you from calling if you find yourself in this predicament again.

I hope you're ok. Let us know. But, I'm glad you checked in.

Shalom!

Last edited by historyteach; 06-22-2006 at 03:35 AM.