Notices

Help on Adderall Overdose

Old 06-21-2006, 10:49 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I wanna tell you something, I overdosed once and almost killed myself. If I hadn't called 911 I'd be dead. Yup dead !
Don't fudge around with drugs even if you think you know what your doing.
Drugs have ruined my life...don't go there. O.K.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:13 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

This seems to be an isolated incident and hopefully he has learned something from it that will stay with him for the rest of his life. I am just glad that he is OK.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:11 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

We can't diagnose that something is an isolated incident.
We can't diagnose that 6 hours past puts someone out of danger.
We can't assume that the facts are correct or the time is correct.
We can't offer emergency first aid on a message forum.

The only thing we can do responsibly is encourage a person to seek emergency help.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:56 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Yeah, I have definately learned my lesson. Well it took me about an hour but I finally fell asleep and actually just now woke up. Other than feeling like I've just ran a triathalon I'm pretty much okay. All of the side effects that were occuring yesterday are gone and there doesn't seem to be any lasting physical reminders such as loss of coordination.

I know I did an incredably stupid thing, I was just wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and let stress get the best of me. I don't ever plan on doing that again, one of the worst physical feelings I've ever experienced. Thanks for trying to get me to do the smart thing instead of what I did. I realize that some of yall are mad at me and honestly if I was in one of yalls shoes I'd be mad as well. Just wanna say thanks for caring about me even if you don't know me, doesn't happen too often.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:07 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

No one is mad student. I'm pretty sure we are all glad you are safe and sound. My concern now would be the potential you may have of eventually abusing your medication and using it as a coping method. I would invite you to stay around and learn all you can about addiction so maybe you can avoid becoming addicted. There are a lot of good suggestions in the threads of different ways to cope with stressful situations.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:18 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
ASH

Originally Posted by The Student
I was just wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and let stress get the best of me. I don't ever plan on doing that again, one of the worst physical feelings I've ever experienced.
Thanks for checking back in and really glad things seem to be ok for you today!
Stress is a big problem and getting the "A" got many of us over achievers started with substances to help us perform or reduce the stress or both.
Glad its summer and hope you can use the time out to elminate some of the activities or whatever you can determine made you want to gulp down a bunch of pills without thinking of the consequences.
You just sound too smart for that.
Take care of yourself first and that will in the end make your parents happy and proud of you.
All the best
Old 06-22-2006, 07:15 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Not mad at all, just a lot of concern. I'm glad you are okay. Thanks for checking in with us. :-)
Old 03-28-2007, 12:30 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Succeeds at failing

I just overdosed adderall this past weekend... I was drinking and took around 8-9 10mg adderalls spread out through the night. I didn't go to sleep until 7am the next morning. Only got maybe 2-3 hours of sleep. The rest of the day I felt like a zombie and thought I was on the verge of death. My heart rate was different, I was sore, constantly shaking and just felt out of reach from reality for the rest of the day and night. Would anyone consider that a near-death experience or is that just a typical overdose?
Old 03-28-2007, 12:33 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I'm not sure, but I would go to a doctor and get yourself checked out.

Welcome to SR!!!~~

Is this adderall abuse a normal thing for you?
Old 03-28-2007, 12:43 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Succeeds at failing

No it's not normal at all... This is only like the 2nd time it has happened in the past year. I am prescribed so I get like 120 adderalls every week or every 2 weeks. I'm back to 100% now and haven't touched one since. When I get like that it makes me feel like I'll throw up if i even look at an adderall even a month after the incident..
Old 03-28-2007, 01:02 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Succeeds at failing

It won't happen again.. I used to snort them & got out of that b/c it didn't really do much for me.. The other night however, put me on the level I wanted to be on but the after-effect and the come-down was not at all worth it.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Succeeds at failing

The alcohol had a lot to do with the effect of the adderall also but it really put a scare into me. I didn't move the rest of the day. It was horrible.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:30 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Chill

OK this is to basically to help any other idiots that do this crap...
Don't worry... you probably should go see a doctor but I cant say much cause I refused to also. You should be good... I weighed 110 at 18 when I od'ed on that crap and I accidently took 490 mg. And I live to tell you that you will be fine. MY main concern for you though is the come down... you will be majorly depressed... I didn't even see the point in waking up after the crap wore off 3 days later (3 days of no sleep). Like the stuff caused me serious depression. Also you should know that adderall is a cocktail mixture of 4 diff. methamphetamine salts and a class B narcotic.... so its not to be taken likely. I was serverly addicted to the crap so to you idiots I worn you now... be careful and dont be me and not call a doctor... cause that was almost to years ago and I'm still getting bad effects. I screwed up my stomach ( I dont have the feeling in your stomach for when your hungry or sick) and it totally messed me up in so many other ways.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:59 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Welcome, American_Zero.

Yes, even idiots are welcome here.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:48 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
I just overdosed adderall this past weekend... I was drinking and took around 8-9 10mg adderalls spread out through the night. I didn't go to sleep until 7am the next morning. Only got maybe 2-3 hours of sleep. The rest of the day I felt like a zombie and thought I was on the verge of death. My heart rate was different, I was sore, constantly shaking and just felt out of reach from reality for the rest of the day and night. Would anyone consider that a near-death experience or is that just a typical overdose?
Sounds like you overdosed alright. The usual restlessness, increased heart rate, and sore muscles from rhabdomyolysis (muscle cells breaking down) are an indication you took too much. The zombieness and detached feeling you had are symptoms of psychosis, which is a detachment from reality. Also a sign of overdose. People overdosing on Adderall happens quite frequently, and luckily isn't fatal for most as they don't take quite enough to kill themselves. I would do it all the time without realizing it a few years ago(I also have a prescription for Adderall for ADHD). I didn't know that I was taking too much and thought that it was just some side effects I was feeling. The thing about Adderall is that it doesn't take much past your threshold of the "optimum dosage" to give you what seem to be severe signs of overdose. But in most people it takes much more then that to actually kill you. I'm not advocating ignoring the signs of a moderate overdose as repeated overdosing overtime from amphetamines can cause heart problems, muscle loss, kidney failure, and a wealth of other issues.
Be careful and pay attention to how your body is reacting when you take them. Tolerances can rise and fall sharply with amphetamines from even 1-5 days of not taking/taking any. One day 20mg is fine, two days later you need 30, then two more and you need 40. Then you stop taking it for a few days, and take a 40, and you most likely will overdose a bit. For the record I'm not a doctor, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, but I have done a bit of research and gotten advice from Doctors on Adderall and other medications I am/have taken. Just some things to keep in mind I guess.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:13 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Just my curiosity, but do you have them prescribed to you? If you do and took too much once because you weren't paying attention, then that's just what it is. If you have a prescription and especially if you don't and you're doing this a lot, you probably have a problem.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:01 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hello-
this past weekend i took adderall for the first time and my heart is racing, i cant sleep, and just feel like crap.. i may be over-reacting but like i said it was the first time that i ever did some kind of drug like that and i was drinking a lot also. just wondering if anyone had some advise. they were 30 mg an di took 3 of them. Thanks!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:31 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

First, this is thread is almost two years old, so The Student, hopefully, took the suggestions made to him and sought medical attention.

Second:

Originally Posted by shoegirl34 View Post
Hello-
this past weekend i took adderall for the first time and my heart is racing, i cant sleep, and just feel like crap.. i may be over-reacting but like i said it was the first time that i ever did some kind of drug like that and i was drinking a lot also. just wondering if anyone had some advise. they were 30 mg an di took 3 of them. Thanks!
shoegirl, this is a Substance Abuse Recovery forum. Are you looking for help in quitting drugs and alcohol? If so, please state that. If you're prescribed Adderall by your doctor, your questions would be best addressed to her/him or to your pharmacist. If you're looking for reassurance that your recreational use won't cause you any harm and you desire to keep using, your questions will offend many people here.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 06-19-2008, 11:23 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

man, I pill popped three 30mg Adderall Xr's and Snorted another, its been 8 hours already and im shaking, cant stop moving, muscle aches, and really fast breathing and heart beat, I just checked my temperature expecting it to be high, Its around 92-95 degree's Fahrenheit.
Im 16, 5'9", 120 Pounds. Can someone please give me a quick remedy for a come down?
Old 06-19-2008, 11:44 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Z is in the chat room if someone can help her?