Notices

Still Fighting to Stay on Top

Old 08-06-2001, 07:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Julia

Still Fighting to Stay on Top

Hi everyone:

I have had one of the worst couple of weeks so far. Particularly this past week. I have been in so much physical pain, I'm not sure why. I felt so sick, had no energy, and have been able to do nothing more than go from the couch to the bed.

Finally on Sunday night I was feeling at my limit. I desperately wanted to get some pain meds so I could feel better. Which is what I would have done before.

This time I talked to my husband, and told him what I was going through. We went out for a little bit, I drank some tea, and today I don't feel as bad physically as I have been. I feel like I went through one of the hurdles of not feeling well, which is hard for me, wanting to use, but working through it. I feel pretty good about that.

Julia

Old 08-10-2001, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Yabbuttz

Julia
Just want to say GOOD FOR YOU...a little at a time, once you start seeing even the minutest positive change it makes each step a tad easier.

Be safe and keep steeping forward.

------------------
Yabbuttz

Old 08-12-2001, 06:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jackie

just wanted to respond again and say "easy does it" you can make it. i too get awful cravings for narcs from time to time, but i dont' want to go thru the mess i did before. feeling nauseated, running to the bathroom to heave, unable to eat, sleep, see the sunlight without hiding my eyes, but most of all that i did not want to face my own personal conscience - knowing i just couldn't "hack it" - so keep your chin up, stay with it and know you can do it...Jackie

------------------

Old 08-12-2001, 11:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
txredhusband

Julia
hello.It has been a whiile since i have posted.Im still fighting to stay alive.I told my wife what i was going through,during one of my trigger attacks. She doesnt understand the change i go through when i have one of my attacks. I know that it is no excuse for not resisting. Just sometimes when the symptoms are there its if i have already done a hit.I become antsy,agitated, and also anti-social.Im glad that you are on the board to write to it does help to read, and respond to your post.
best wishes in your recovery
txredhusband

Old 08-18-2001, 07:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
brian

Good for you,keep talking to your husband,I have always felt better when i talk about and tell on my disease.It does get better I promise.Just keep your head up.I do hope you have considered NA (narcotics anonomous)for help.Your husband is usually welcomed at most meetings.you do not have to do this alone!!! I know that you may already know all this stuff but just like to let others know that they don't have to suffer alone,there is help.Good luck and Gods love to you and your family....Brian