Notices

confused

Old 07-09-2001, 01:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
torn

Unhappy confused

My husband uses "crank". He tells me he uses more than every other day. He also tells me he will quit no problem and that he is not addicted. He used to get through his long work days. I see it has affected his tolorance. He is very irritable and angry when we talk about problems in our marriage. I want to beleive he will quit. How can I help him understand the affects of this on our communication and our marriage which is failing. Should I beleive he will quit?

------------------
confused

Old 07-10-2001, 04:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

torn, welcome to the forum. To answer your question. Crank, monster or methamphetamine is a serious addiction. To say that an addict can stop using on their own without some kind of intervention meaning formal drug addiction treatment, detox and follow up care would be stretching the imagination. It can and has been done in a few isolated cases.
As for you and supporting him, I applaud and commend your efforts. This is what you should do. Find a al-anon meeting and you go to it. Meet people with similar problems who have found some solutions to dealing with it in the real world on a real time basis. Learn the games addicts play on unsuspecting family memebers. Taking care of you is the most important thing you can do. The addict has to come to realize that there is a problem and then attempt to get the help needed to recover. You cannot make that decision for them. If you have any questions about what I have said, feel free to ask. I am open and available.
Old 07-12-2001, 02:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
torn

Pernell,

Thanks for support. Things have been getting worse. Our marriage has been failing for a long time partially becasue of me also, not drugs (I dispise drugs) but my trust in people is zero. I ask too many questions and always think he is lieing to me about woman drugs or whatever. Now that I've found all these things out about my husband (drugs, friends I've never heard of and now woman "friends that I've never herd of".) I seem to have lost my sanity. The fights are Tsyon vs Tyson and seem to be getting worse as my depression seems to be overcoming me like a mac truck.

I really am afraid as much as I threaten my husband that I want to die. I think I may follow through one day. Each time I keep getting closer and closer. Todayf I cut off a chunk of my long hair. I wanted to cut it all of but he stopped me. All becasue he has the girl "friend" (friend only he claims) that I have found out about. He has e-mailed her a story in sexual undertone about his flower rising and a woman stopping by dressed as a school teacher. Now there are messages on his machine from a girl he claims he has no idea is. She e-mailed him back and said she's been calling and calling where is he? My husband and I are seprated but I've been with him the last few days thinking we're going to work things out now that he says he will stop the "crank." He says he needs a couple of days to get it out to his friends and people that we are back together. I've also recently was 7 weeks pregnant with my husband and lost the baby a few weeks ago. I can stop thinking about if there is another woman or if he lieing to me about the drugs or what.

We made an marital counseling appointment for Monday and I hoping to find some help there as I am ready to give up on life. I love my husband dearly and wish we could just get along. I think my fear in him cheating on me lies within the fact of my child hood. I was sexually abused by my Uncle and his 2 sons. My parents are divorced and for a long time my father never bothered with me. My mom's new husband beat here black and blue right in front of me. I can't trust anything my husband tells me, and now that I know this about the drug use and the lies I can beleve anything. I'd rather die than be with out him. I worry so much about his health and him being a good person.

Thanks for listening to me.

Torn

Old 07-12-2001, 02:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

torn, I just read your post and I feel you. I do suggest that you go to the Nar-Anon board on this website but if you would rather stay here and talk to me it is alright. Please do not do anything to hurt yourself. I know what you said but no one and nothing is more important than you are. You are unique, one of a kind and a very special lady and I want you to say this to yourself and believe it. I have sent you some other information and I appreciate you sharing youself with me and this forum. We are here to allow you to vent if necessary and make positive suggestions that may help you through this situation. You are not alone and you do have some support and people who understand what you are going through. Please allow us to help you.