Notices

Husband needs help in Texas

Old 07-06-2001, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Txred

Exclamation Husband needs help in Texas

My husband is currently at the VA in Waco, Texas, detoxing from Crack. He has been using about a year. He needs and wants a good residential facility. He has no insurance other than being a Veteran. He has tried the VA program as an out-patient.

Old 07-06-2001, 06:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DR. LISA CC

TO THE ONE WHOSE HUSBAND NEEDS HELP IN TEXAS I JUST WANT TO ENCOURAGE YOU AND LET YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS HOPE FOR YOUR HUSBAND BECAUSE HE WANTS HELP. I DO NOT KNOW OF ANY RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT PROGRAMS THERE IN TEXAS BUT I WILL LOOK THROUGH THE RESOURCE LISTING THAT WE HAVE AT OUR OUTPATIENT RECOVERY CENTER HERE IN W. SAC. CA. iN THE MEAN TIME KEEP YOUR HEAD HELD HIGH AND BE SURE TO TELL YOUR HUSBAND THAT SOMEONE OUT HERE IN CA. WILL PUT HIM ON OUR CHURCH PRAYER LIST. BE PROUD OF YOURSELF FOR STANDING BY YOUR HUSBAND AND NOT GIVING UP AND BE PROUD OF YOUR HUSBAND FOR BEING ABLE TO ADMIT HE NEEDS HELP AND IS WILLING TO GO INTO A PROGRAM.

Old 07-06-2001, 08:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Txred

First off let me thank you for the prayers. In fact, just two hours before I got a call that my husband admitted himself, I got on my knees and prayed the most heart felt prayer I have ever prayed. I am a Christian and a strong believer in the power of prayer. I find that the only ones that truly understands why I stand by him are also Christians. Don't get me wrong, if it comes to the safety of my children, I would have no choice but to leave. But, as I told my husband, my love is unconditional and that will never change, but I don't have to stand by and let him hurt the kids and I. I take all the necessary precautions. God bless you.

Old 07-07-2001, 07:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Txred

Went to see my husband today and he is doing well. He is in a closed ward at the moment. In talking with him, I found out that the night he admitted himself he actually had a strong enough desire to stop the destruction his addiction was causing that he parked the vehicle, locked his keys in it and then walked to the local VA. You have to understand that not only was the VA a good distance from where he parked the vehicle, but he also had to walk through and past areas that he usually got his Crack from. I am so proud of him. We are taking it one step and one day at a time and talking about what changes need to be made to help him. One change we came up with to start off with is for him to work in a neighboring town. One he has never gotten drugs from. We have both been doing a lot of reading, but any suggestion is helpful.
One day and One prayer at a time!!

Old 07-08-2001, 04:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello Txred, I suggest if you really want to help your husband and yourself. Try to find and go to an Al-Anon meeting in the area where you live. You will meet people with similar problems who have found the solution or at least peace and prayer. Also a moderator here runs a Nara-non group and she is very knowledgeable on this subject and there are many others participating in her group. I am going to continue to pray for you and your husband and I will forward you
"My Prayer"