Notices

Jaded

Old 09-04-2001, 09:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jasmine

Post Jaded

I am amazed at how much I relate to all the postings on this board and only wish that i hadn't "blown" aaway so many years of my life. Its amzing to start this journey but I am unimpressed with my sbility to get clean and sober after living the fast life for so long.

I do beleive in the meetings though and am excited that there is sooo much support out there.

I, too, have done my share of VICODIN and E, and everything rx under the sun. Why Drs prescribe them so casully is frightening. My Dr will give me what ever I want and I know I need to tell her tahta I am an addict but I am scared to.

When i think about all the things i have to worry about its overwhelming but f-k it, this is a one day at a time thing and that gonna havet o be good enuf.

Be kind to the most important person in your life: YOU!

------------------
Hope Faith Courage--10 minutes at a time!

Old 09-05-2001, 02:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jasmine welcome to the forum. I suspect that you have the idea but not the conviction. Are you still using? Do you really want to stop using?
Sometimes NA/AA self-help meetings without professional help is not enough. The professinal help comes first and the meetings follow. In both places, you will find G.O.D. that is Good Orderly Direction. Think about it.

Just for Today--------I am Sober
Old 09-13-2001, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LtFallenAngel

Take a moment and thank your Higher Power
for every moment you have had clean. The love and acceptance you find in the rooms of Narcotics Anonymous, is astronomical. The NA program works, you must be willing, open-minded and honest. Make the decision to stop using. If you don't have a sponsor, GET ONE. Make meetings. Most Important:
KEEP COMING BACK, MORE WILL BE REVEALED !!!!!