Notices

My brain is fried how do I go on

Old 11-07-2019, 11:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My brain is fried how do I go on

I think my brain is fried from drug abuse. I need to move on but cant, I miss the old self. I'm having a rough time accepting and moving forward. Anytime I have caffeine I feel worse for days, I cant even eat chocolate. Ive tried Antidepressants and they dont work. Doing better than I was when i first got sober but now life is just a sad, dreary thing and i move from one day to the next.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear you're doing it tough Thompson.

All I can tell you is the longer I stayed clean and sober the better my brain worked.

Don;t lose heart - you're on the right road.

It take a little patience and a little faith things will get better - but we're always here for support
Old 11-11-2019, 03:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by Thompson21 View Post
I think my brain is fried from drug abuse. I need to move on but cant, I miss the old self. I'm having a rough time accepting and moving forward. Anytime I have caffeine I feel worse for days, I cant even eat chocolate. Ive tried Antidepressants and they dont work. Doing better than I was when i first got sober but now life is just a sad, dreary thing and i move from one day to the next.
I had that same feeling for years, I'm not sure what your drug of choice was , but usually there are supplements you can take that will help, Fish Oil, Vitamin Oil, Juicing may help, etc. We abused out body so much, we have to be patient with ourselves while it heals itself.
Listening to music, hiking, keeping active, things that get your endorphins going usually help also.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've gotten clean and sober for periods of time before. I realized each time that when I did not feel good most of the time. I allowed drugs and alcohol to cover up my physical pain as well as my emotional pain. There are places and people that can help you heal both. I did it, I have a year sober, and I feel great everyday.

How badly do you want to feel better because if you want it as bad as I wanted it. I can offer you a solution.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

@givingback what is your solution? I dont think anything will help but time. I cant imagine there's anything that will make it better. I feel so helpless and yet I have to accept it. It just feels terrible. Took for granted what I used to have and now here i am, struggling day to day.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's not been easy but I feel better than I ever have. I have hope and I have a desire to build a future, without living the day to day hell I was living in before. How bad do you want do you want to feel better?
Old 11-15-2019, 07:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I want to feel better pretty badly. I keep doing bargaining in my head. I got better once and relapsed and ever since it's been hell. Now I have some kind of PTSD. I'm terrified of any substance that might be mind altering enough to make my symptoms worse.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

a possible solution

check out wechangelives .GQ

John Volken Academy is where I am currently and it's given me the opportunity to see a future without drugs. It was rough at first, but it is way better than being stuck in a rut with a fried brain wondering how I am going to get through the day.