Notices

Sober recovery gives me hope

Old 11-01-2019, 10:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober recovery gives me hope

Hey everyone this is my first post although I've browsed the forums for awhile. I'm really stuck in my own head, I feel hopeless and miserable almost 24/7. I once had 5 years sober and lost everything. I havnt called my sponsor in ages. I feel like I'm just rotting away.
However for the first time in a long time I'm taking action. I went to a meeting tonight and read a few threads on here, somehow i always hear exactly what I need to hear. I don't really know where I'm going with this but it feels good to be a part of this site and finally back to the program!
Old 11-01-2019, 11:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the posting side of things reckoningday - good to have you aboard with us

D
Old 11-02-2019, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you! I look forward to being apart of Sober Recovery!
Old 11-03-2019, 10:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, Reckoningday.

I did 2yrs once and then relapsed. It feels horrible I know. So I am glad that you are finding hope here.

You might have to brush the rust off but I can tell that you still have the tools in the toolbox.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had to dig through some garbage to find my belt. It's both dirty and rusty. Cleaning everyday 🙂 Thank you Lucinda!

Last edited by Reckoningday; 11-03-2019 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Reckoningday - it's so good to have you with us.

I had 3 yrs. once & decided I could try a 'nice glass of wine'. Which of course turned into a bottle of wine - more the next day, etc. I was lost for years after that - but thankfully I found SR. The encouragement & understanding has meant everything. I hope you'll stay with us - please know you're never alone. Congratulations on your decision to reclaim your life. We know you can!
Old 11-04-2019, 03:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome RD.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How are you doing Reckoningday?
Old 11-07-2019, 05:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the strong words and support! To tell you the truth I'm miserable. But I'm not giving up! I'm all over the place. I've made my meetings, reconnected with my sponsor. I was dreading that call but so relieved I did. I'll keep coming back ☺
Old 11-11-2019, 03:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by Reckoningday View Post
Thank you all for the strong words and support! To tell you the truth I'm miserable. But I'm not giving up! I'm all over the place. I've made my meetings, reconnected with my sponsor. I was dreading that call but so relieved I did. I'll keep coming back ☺
I remember one day years ago after leaving my therapist office, I told her I felt like I was in hell after she asked how I was. She said, well it is a hell that you created. I was like, ouch, lol, She meant it in a good way, what we create we can change was her point, but it took me awhile to understand that. Shortly after I left her office, I was in my car, and that song, "If your going through hell, Keep on going" came on the radio. I pulled over and lost it. But it was a great turning point for me. I still listen to it on my bad or hard days. Hang in there, and keep on going when it feels rough. You can do it.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You might get out before the devil even knows you're there
Old 11-21-2019, 02:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

hows it going reckoningday?

D