Notices

Meth withdrawal

Old 10-17-2018, 09:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sapphire44

Meth withdrawal

Im lucky to be alive. I was found by my roommate because my sister could not get ahold of me. I eas almost dead. In intake ICU i had ammonia already. Right lung colapsed. Blood toxicity and my brain was full of poisons. 8 was kept asleep for 8 days. They kept trying to wake me. But could not do it safely. But it came to a point they had to chance it or i was going to get sicker. The last 3 days in ICU. Witch would make 11 days total. Sucked bad. When i woke up. I still had allot of meth in my body. My body was not getting rid of it. The docs think that was odd. Me to. I would not sleep after that. They would nock me out to sleep and it would only last a couple hours. But each time i woke up i was scared and confused. My roommate stayed in ICU with me for 3 days so i fealt safe. I got scared to sleep because i was going to wake up scared.

This withdrawal is making me feal sick plus ontop of it i got physical therapy. After 8 days i could not hold up my own body. I made the decision of no more stupid in ICU. Even though my dealer is my neighbor i have no problem saying no.

Can anyone share what more to expect from the withdrawal and about how long. Or just there story for inspiration.I had the hallucinations already. Right now having the enxiety and getting sick.

Thanks
Old 10-17-2018, 10:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no experience to share Sapphire but I wanted to welcome you back, I'm glad you made it.

D
Old 10-17-2018, 11:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sapphire44

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I have no experience to share Sapphire but I wanted to welcome you back, I'm glad you made it.

D
thanks.. I thank god everyday i wake up each morning.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In your case I feel like talking with your doctor would be the best. This is a serious situation that should be handled by professionals.

Take care and best of luck to you in your recovery.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No personal experience but I witnessed some of what my son went through. He didn't have the serious symptoms requiring hospitalization, but for the first four days or so he suffered from severe panic attacks. He was terrified to be alone, slept a lot but would jerk awake abruptly and was extremely sad. By day five the worst of the panic seemed to be over but he still found it hard to spend time alone. I agree with the advice to discuss this with doctors since it's already been 11 days. Are you still hospitalized? Staying hydrated is very important, and so is eating healthy, small meals - yogurt, smoothies, anything easy to digest. I am sorry for what you've been going through. It does get better. When you are feeling well, you might try meetings. Even if you are uncertain about 12-step groups, the fellowship vand support can be really helpful.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sapphire44

Originally Posted by mayabee View Post
Are you still hospitalized? .
no. Ive been home for just over a week know. On monday i got my one week check with the doc. Ive been drug free for about 3 weeks now. Thanks for sharing about your son. I have a 23 year old daughter that says she only drinks and does pot. I know better than that. I worrie about her. She is like her dad and he died from drugs when she was 4. He was found in our home during our seperation.

Im doing home physical therapy to regain my strength. Doing very good. Hope soon in a week or 2 i can take small trips. There are meeting all over were i live. So right know this is my support other than my sister and roommate.

I have found that eating small many light meals is good on my tummy. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

3 weeks drug-free is great! It's good that you are going to physical therapy; physical activity of any kind will help with depression. Getting outside in sunny weather is a good mood elevator, as you feel up to it. It's also really good that you are reaching out here for support and that you are open to meetings. Congratulations on all the positive steps you're taking!
Old 10-20-2018, 07:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sapphire44

Originally Posted by mayabee View Post
3 weeks drug-free is great! Congratulations on all the positive steps you're taking!
thank you
Old 10-20-2018, 09:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sapphire - I don`t have personal experience with meth withdrawal. At the end of my using I did go through quite a bit of amphetamines (adderal and dexedrine) on a daily basis. That is probably insignificant withdrawal compared to meth, but I would feel depressed, tired and crazy when I was coming off of it. From what I remember it was pretty rough the first week, and then it turned into a mild depressed state. My DOC was heroin and there was only one time I came off of amphetamines when I wasn`t using/withdrawing from heroin. I don`t know if that is helpful at all.

It has been over 3 years since I have touched any of it. This can be your last time going through it. This website helped me tremendously. It took AA/NA meetings and some serious life changes in addition to the website for me to get where I am today though.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sapphire44

Thanks hearing your success helps.

Im starting to struggle emotionally. Getting very depressed. Being stuck at home dont help. But trying to keep busy because it will pass. One emotion i cant get past is being so mad at myself. I will punish myself worse than anyone else could. Everything will get better. I just keep telling myself that.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Are you restricted to staying in the house because of health reasons? Staying in all the time definitely won't help the depression. You mentioned a roommate. Could you guys go out and do something together?

You mentioned lots of meetings in your area. That would be something you could do to get out of the house.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sapphire44

Originally Posted by OpioPhobe View Post
Are you restricted to staying in the house because of health reasons?

You mentioned lots of meetings in your area. .
im home bound for right know. Physical therapy comes to my house. They think in a month i should be back to normal physically. Just very week from being kept sedated for 8 days and them 3 more bed riden in icu before i started to walk again. Ive thought of asking my roommate to take me to meeting. But he works all the time and i feal bad asking so much from my roommate all the time.

I did learn when i was sedated on day 3 i open my eyes but did not respond to nothing. Then i postured and they put me back under. On day 5 i did the same but i reaponded to what they asked. Again began to posture. On day 8 they got me to wake up. They first memorie was my nurse Steve saying there you are. Even thpse last 3 days i got only bits and prices of my memorie. Its like i missed almost 2 weeks of my life. Very scary to think about
Old 10-22-2018, 05:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sapphire - I get it about asking for rides from your roommate all the time. A couple ideas that come to mind:

AA/NA Hotline - if you called them and explained the situation they may be able to help. They may be able to put you in touch with someone who could give you a ride to/from the meetings.

Uber/Lyft - if you have the money you could take one of those to/from a meeting.

Once you are able to get to a meeting you should be able to get a ride home, and to start making contacts with people that live close to you. You could probably get people to visit you while you are still healing. I went to a nursing home one time to go through some of the basic text when one of our members had been in a bad car accident. I bet people would do the same for you if you asked them.

Would you even be able to sit through a meeting if you were able to get there? It sounds like you are still in rough shape physically. Maybe you could get numbers from the AA/NA hotline, and at least have someone to talk to on the phone.

Glad you are still hanging in there. It sounds like you had a very close call.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sapphire44

Originally Posted by OpioPhobe View Post
Maybe you could get numbers from the AA/NA hotline.
Thanks for the reminder on the hotline. So much info i forget everything. Lots of notes. Lol im doing better today. Goong to add a new update post