Notices

3 Years Clean

Old 09-23-2018, 09:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 Years Clean

Hey guys -

I passed the 3 year mark last month. It seems like forever since I posted on here. I definitely wanted to check in and let everyone know I am alive and well.

Things are slowly getting better with my life situation. It is ironic that I was wealthy when I was using and dirt poor after 3 years of being clean. Things are starting to look a little better with my current job, but it does get depressing sometimes.

I still meet with my sponsor and do stepwork. I don't make a ton of meetings any more. Maybe once a week or once every two weeks.

If someone out there reading this is wondering whether it is possible to get clean.....rest assured, it is. For a long, long time I didn't think it would be possible for me. Maybe someone else could do it, but I was going to use until I died. I am fortunate that my plans didn't work out.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OpiP- first congrat on 3 y+. Addiction is a terrible disease and it takes real strength and courage to get so far. A reminder (I am 2y, 7m sober)that complacency can lead to relapse- and perhaps ramping your meetings up a bit may help you to lift your spirits a little- just to be around humans. I admit I do only 2-3 a week, but will not drop this number- as for me, relapse would mean death.
Support to you.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad to read this OP - congrats man!

D
Old 09-25-2018, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Phoenix - you are right. Going to meetings would lift my spirits. I have been isolating a great deal over the past 6 months. It has been a weird transition to becoming more isolated. Part of that has been from me being more comfortable being alone. In early sobriety I was mortified of being alone. Another part has been from no desire for romantic relationships. I finally accepted reality on that front and threw in the towel. A lot of my early meeting attendence was due to that type of lonliness. I don't think I even realized how much of a driver that was until it was gone.

But ya, I have been very lazy with the meetings. I will make it a priority to make at least one this week.

Dee - glad to hear from you. I hope you have been well. By the way, have you heard from Snowwolf aka Snowflake? Sometimes I wonder if you have nightmares about that last thread getting ressurected. The sparks were definitely flying on that one...lol!
Old 09-25-2018, 06:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Taken me a few years but I always leave my SR stuff in the PC OP lol - no laying awake or anything like that

I read so many threads I can't always remember the specifics of one a few years back.

do you mean Soberwolf? he still pops in from time to time

D
Old 09-25-2018, 08:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I looked it up. He was Snowflake74. Hasn't posted since 2014. I didn't realize it had been that long. You probably blocked it from memory. From what I remember you got an inbox full of PMs from pretty much everyone bitching about everyone else.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ah ok. Rings a bell now

D
Old 09-27-2018, 04:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats, OP! I'm approaching 1 year clean, so this is a great post to read. Best to you.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Strong work, Opiophobe. Proud of ya!
Old 10-04-2018, 08:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I made a good meeting last Sunday and I am hoping to make one tomorrow. It will depend on the child care situation. I am making it a priority going forward to make more.

PBateman - good for you bud. It will be a year before you know it.

Tea - thank you. It is good to see you still on here going strong. So many people have disappeared over the years.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great job, OP.

I couldn't agree more with your approach of working the steps with a sponsor, going to meetings and generally "working the program" in our affairs.

Glad to year your life has gotten better.

You are quite a success story.