Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

My fiance and I are going to seperate rehabs...

Notices

Old 03-22-2017, 11:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im scared. Can anybody give me some reassurance or can anyone relate? My fiance, my best friend, my high school sweetheart and father of my two children and I have been smoking oxycodone for about 2 years. Its gotten bad. Our habit is too expensive and were pretty much done. He left for rehab tonight and i am set to go in the morning. What are the odds of us coming out of this and staying together? ): We love each other that is not a question. He also has a witch of a mother who wants nothing more than for us to break up. Constantly is planting his mind with horrible thoughts about me. Shes the one that took him to rehab today. He told me before he left that he would come home to me if i was clean. Im just fearful that even being clean wont be enough as ive read so many horror stories of couples diminishing after treatment. Any help would be appreciated....
Old 03-23-2017, 12:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

BBcc - welome, thanks for your post. I suggest go to the rehab- then focus on dealing with your addiction. When in rehab- it is an issue you can raise with sincere plans to work through with your counsellors. Of course you are scared- any change is emotionally challenging. Keep to the rehab. Focus on yourself- not your partner. Keep contact to a minimum- or do what the rehab rules tell you to do. Rehab is a good beginning if you want it to be.
My empathy, support and compassion to you both. PJ
Old 03-23-2017, 01:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Bbcc- Congratulations on your decision to seek treatment! I know you're feeling scared right now, but stay strong! This is the best gift you could give to one another and to your children! One step at a time, one day at a time. Cast the weight of worry aside and look ahead to all of the opportunities that await you as a family! You can do this! He can do this! Wishing you all the best
Old 03-23-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

congratulations on making the jump. The most important part is thinking about getting clean for you. All the rest will come into place later....

This is a good start .
Old 03-23-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have heard of couples staying together after rehab if both are able to get and stay clean. It must feel like your life is being torn apart, and I know you miss deeply your partner and wish you both were not in this predicament. It is difficult. Maybe try to cultivate a relationship at the time with a Higher Power?
Old 03-23-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is a leap of faith for both of you. No one knows what the future holds with or without drugs in the picture. Sounds like you future MIL will need to be dealt with regardless. That's hard going into a marriage knowing she feels that way about you and would deliberately try to turn him against you. Let's hope he is strong enough to make up his own mind about matters.

As far as getting clean, you need to do for yourself and your kids more than anyone. Whatever happens, if you are clean your life WILL be better!!
Old 03-23-2017, 02:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

right now your focus must be on YOU and you alone. this is YOUR recovery from a life and death illness. you need to be clean and sober so you can be the best YOU possible and the best MOM possible. what happens with the BF will be sorted out LATER.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am 2 days in...

Rehab didn't accept my insurance.... he's in one for 30 days.... haven't heard from him. So I've gone cold turkey. I took 2 ml of liquid methadone this morning because I really couldn't deal with the RLS. I have 3 more ml of liquid methadone to last the duration of my withdrawal.... how much longer do I have you think? And when do the cravings go away? All i can think about is wanting to get high it's horrible. I can't stop crying I don't want to only think about getting high. I want to stop craving this. I still feel like ****.... even with the 2 ml of methadone. Someone please help. I dont want to relapse. I don't want to do this all again.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey there how are you this morning?
Old 03-27-2017, 09:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

how are you today? na is free.. every thinking about contacting them?