Notices

Starting the Journey

Old 06-18-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hey Team,

Just checking in...

Still have pain in shoulder/upper arm to elbow, numb fingers and makes my thumb twitch on its own at times...

Other than that i am hanging in there. Up's and downs and taking things day by day.

Jimmy - Really appreciate all the info. Dr did not ask for MRI or anything. He just said tight muscle is pinching nerve.

I booked myself a massage today. We will see how that goes.

I seem to have a big appetite lately. I used to eat 2x a day. Now i seem to be hungry all the time. Anyone have a similar experience?
Old 06-18-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Do your best

Yes my appetite came back with a bang once I could eat a full meal again
Old 06-19-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Just checking in for the day....

I think its day 17?

Shoulder pain still continues... i think its a touch better than last week, but still there. On the upside i am not moving between the bed and couch in the middle of the night because of the pain.

It makes it hard to get around and want to do things in fear of aggravating it.

Mentally i am doing ok/good/down at times, but i think that goes with the territory.

Went to the mall yesterday, was out having a smoke and just looking at the people smiling and walking around... trying to remember what it was like to be "normal" again and have fun doing things.

This being my second go around with this, i remember having those thoughts before. It was a slow process but it did come back and eventually i was one of those people again.

I used to have hobbies, and slowly my hobbies weened to my preference of staying and home and "chilling/using". Its funny how much i didn't mind being at home bored and just being content sitting on the couch. Now i am finding that the hardest thing to do, aka being "bored".

Friday I actually did look forward to it being just that, Friday. Just getting off work and driving home was nice. I remember little things like that would be awesome.

Just wanted to ramble a little.

I hope everyone is doing well and having a great weekend.

Happy fathers day to all the dads out there.
Old 06-19-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Morning from China. Looks like you are doing good, getting through this one day at at a time smile. Are you going to meetings? I hope that you are, truly. getting out of your head, having something to look forward to everyday is great for the newcomer.

As for your shoulder you need to get an mri. that is the next step. then you can rule out anything wrong with it and see if this is the phantom pain we all know so well when coming off opiates. My addiction will make a pain so bad I am justified to go back into using. Its not worth it.

trust me.

hang tight. get to a meeting!! get a sponsor. those suggestions have saved my life.
Old 06-19-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 17 smileagain
Old 06-19-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Thank you guys...

No meetings yet. Maybe in the future.

Just keep trucking on at the moment...
Old 06-20-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Meetings are necessary in my opinion..they really help.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:22 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hey all,

Just checking in....

Monday morning anxiety was the name of the game this morning.

Calmed down after getting settled in at work.

Having a decent evening just relaxing.

Day 18 is in the books and have no desire to seek.

Did have a weird fenetyl dream this morning. Before bed I was doing a bunch of reading and that was the last thing I read about. Never tried the stuff...

Stay strong all. Everyone has been a huge help.

Shoulder pain is staying persistent though.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:50 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

good stuff. I am so proud of you. It gets easier and easier as time goes by. I agree with Jimmy about meetings. Anything to help. Getting clean is one thing, staying clean is another.. Keep posting.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:03 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Thank you FT, your encouragement really has been a great help!
Old 06-20-2016, 11:24 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing great Smile have a nice day
Old 06-21-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Platitude...it's tough

Originally Posted by smileagain12 View Post
Hi All,

Just wanted to post here.

I was taking 6-8 10 mg norco for the last 7 month and half of that for the prior 5 months.

I am ready to be done doing this, again. This is not my first time.

When i was 19, 20(now 35) i got caught in the same trap. I was lucky enough to get off them at that time. I swore i would never take the stuff again, no matter what pain level i was at.

Well fast fwd to 2 years ago and i had surgery. I was given norco and i ended up taking them. I was getting some off and on over the next year .

After a few more shoulder issues i fell into the trap again.

Currently I am on hour 34 of no pills. I do not feel great, but i trying to get through this.

Yesterday i took a few .5mg xanax as the anxiety was really getting to me and that seemed to help. I also took an imodiun before bed the first night and a half last night before bed.
It's tough, the platitude of all platitudes it seems sometimes. I'm near where you were when you first posted. Hour 37. I find the liquid Imodium to work better. Short and sweet for now, I still feel like roadkill. You can do this. I have...several times. The trick is not having to do it again.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Druwyd View Post
It's tough, the platitude of all platitudes it seems sometimes. I'm near where you were when you first posted. Hour 37. I find the liquid Imodium to work better. Short and sweet for now, I still feel like roadkill. You can do this. I have...several times. The trick is not having to do it again.
Hang in there! You are doing great and post often if needed. How are you feeling this evening?

Today was OK. The workload I have just won't stop. I guess in ways it's good, but it sure does drive up my anxiety levels.

Just getting home from work, and settling in for the evening. Sometimes it's awesome to relax other days it's pure boredom.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Day 20 almost in the books.

Things seem to be getting easier mentally. I am able to hang out with out the boredom hanging over my head. I think I need to make some plans on the weekend as that is when it sets in the most.

Shoulder still causing pain, got adjusted at the chiro today, let's see how that works out.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hang in there! You are doing great and post often if needed. How are you feeling this evening?

Today was OK. The workload I have just won't stop. I guess in ways it's good, but it sure does drive up my anxiety levels.

Just getting home from work, and settling in for the evening. Sometimes it's awesome to relax other days it's pure boredom.
I don't recall seeing this previously. It's possible my focus could be a bit off, eh? I'm doing ok, hour 76. I resisted an offer for a handful of free oxy 15s last night which I take as a victory. Fortunately, I have few problem issues left in my life beyond the addiction. I somehow have managed to rock my finances the last couple years even with all the dope buying, not going to complain about that, of course, just count my blessings. So, it's the physical blehs that are my primary annoyance. How are you doing, Smile?
Old 06-23-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I don't recall seeing this previously. It's possible my focus could be a bit off, eh? I'm doing ok, hour 76. I resisted an offer for a handful of free oxy 15s last night which I take as a victory. Fortunately, I have few problem issues left in my life beyond the addiction. I somehow have managed to rock my finances the last couple years even with all the dope buying, not going to complain about that, of course, just count my blessings. So, it's the physical blehs that are my primary annoyance. How are you doing, Smile?
I am hanging in there... starting day 21...

I had to resist 2 people calling me to say they had stuff through the first 2 weeks...

One i blocked his number, the other i see almost daily, but he doesn't push anything on you unless you ask. I had just asked before i jumped and he didn't have any until he called back(after i had already quit).

I knew i needed to quit, and was ready to quit anytime. For some reason i had requested 2 days off work a few weeks prior to quiting(A Thurs and Fri).

So the weekend before i quit, both of my connects were dry, I got a call from one that he would be out of town and will "see me next week"(after i would be out), the other was just dry and couldn't get anything. I did a quick inventory of what i had left and had enough to get me until Wednesday night. I thought well shoot, I have enough to get me through the shortened work week and a few days off work after that to start the process, lets do it. So i did.

Been rough at times, and better at others. The last few days seem to have more of the better moments that worse, but still taking it day by day.

I really have no desire to take pills, mostly happy they aren't controlling me any longer.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

And when i say i knew i needed to quit, i thought about quitting before.

I went as far as getting 10 8mg sub strips and planned a quit strategy a few months prior. It just seemed as something would always get in the way, work or personal commitments or something, anything. I would always use that as my "excuse" as to why it was not a good time.

So in my head with everyone being out and my days off i guess the "stars aligned" and i had no other excuses. I felt i was READY to not use again as well.

BTW - after researching subs, taper schedules, etc, i knew it was not a good plan for me. I did not end up using them, but i guess in the back of my mind they were there if i needed them.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Starting day 23....

Still hanging tough... Feeling pretty good mentally. I am actually wanting to go out and do things and not sit at home. This is a strange feeling for me, since the old behavior made me want to be more reclusive. Not that i wouldn't want to go out, but it would want to limit time places. I felt if i was out i wouldn't feel the buzz as much. The last 6 months i don't think i would ever feel a "buzz", just a burst of energy. Things really got to be no fun anymore.

The shoulder pain is still persistent though. Which is really annoying. I have been to DR, Massage and Chrio. Things seem to get a little better, then out of no where they hurt more the next day. At this point i am just living with it. I am taking some muscle relaxers which help but nothing else.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping course. ts a tough ship to right, but it think day by day the listing is less and less.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

And when i say i knew i needed to quit, i thought about quitting before.

I went as far as getting 10 8mg sub strips and planned a quit strategy a few months prior. It just seemed as something would always get in the way, work or personal commitments or something, anything. I would always use that as my "excuse" as to why it was not a good time.

So in my head with everyone being out and my days off i guess the "stars aligned" and i had no other excuses. I felt i was READY to not use again as well.

BTW - after researching subs, taper schedules, etc, i knew it was not a good plan for me. I did not end up using them, but i guess in the back of my mind they were there if i needed them.
Hey man, I know subs work for some people. As for me? Pure poison, subs initially makes withdrawal less miserable, no doubt. BUT. Imo, they are another, seductive, serpent that digs its fangs in. The half life of subs is much longer than any other opiate I'm aware of which makes the eventual withdrawal process much longer with a longer period of feeling dope sick. The specific intensity of subs dope sick MAY, or may not, be less intense than a full on ct crash, but make no mistake, it's not a party. And for a few, like me, there are potential allergic reactions. It's something to research very very carefully.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hey man, I know subs work for some people. As for me? Pure poison, subs initially makes withdrawal less miserable, no doubt. BUT. Imo, they are another, seductive, serpent that digs its fangs in. The half life of subs is much longer than any other opiate I'm aware of which makes the eventual withdrawal process much longer with a longer period of feeling dope sick. The specific intensity of subs dope sick MAY, or may not, be less intense than a full on ct crash, but make no mistake, it's not a party. And for a few, like me, there are potential allergic reactions. It's something to research very very carefully.
Yes - I do agree.

I have a few friends with some problems like us.

both of them ended up getting subs. The initial friend jumping off long before my problem got out of hand he went to the doc and he was on his way with subs. He didn't know what he was getting and soon figured it out. He jumped off those after a few months, but it seemed like he had a hard fought month.

The other did the sub thing against the other friends advice. He was on them for a few months and seemed very successful. But i think he may be back to square with the opiates.

Anyway, i figured if i couldn't handle it i would use them, but that was a easy choice not to.