Notices

Opinions or experience please.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Opinions or experience please.

First...I ODed off heroin last month for the first time in a bad way. Istantky fell out and barely breathing when paramedics arrived. They hit me with narcan and snapped out of it. I ended up being admitted to the hospital because they found out I had pneumonia. I also broke my femur like 6 days before this so they were giving me low doses of percs. I havent touched heroin since.
My question is...Why did I not get dope sick or feel any withdrawl symptoms? Would the narcan have played a part in that you think?

Plus..WTH is up with the sugar cravings. I am literally making myself sick with the sugar intake but I cant stop.
I am not asking for medical advice only experience and opinions.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Opiates cause sugar cravings, i forget why exactly i'd have to look it up again, but i've experienced this as well. As for the withdrawals, it would all depend on how often you use and how much. Everyone is different, from what i've heard narcan sends people into withdrawals hard immediately.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Aysha - good to see you around (you might have been around - just have not seen you posting). Wow that story is frighteningly familiar. I did the same thing basically. Think the paramedics were surprised they brought me back. The intranasal narcan wasn't working so they had to drill into my leg and inject the naloxone into the bone marrow. I guess maybe it was good I was out of it for that.

I just remember coming too a little as they rolled me to the ambulance. Not cool since I was at home. Anyway long story. I also got Aspiration Pneumonia and spent 6 days in the hospital getting pumped full of IV's and getting breathing treatments. Scary stuff.

For me that happened when I went back to using after a break (years and years ago now) which is why I don't think my body was ready for it. Narcan will definitely put you into withdrawals, but maybe you didn't notice it since you were just amazed to be alive.

Hang in there. Unfortunately I used again a few months after that, but I eventually had enough. At the time it happened I figured you almost DIED - this has to be it! You just never know. Have to make that decision and stick to it.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have been off opiates since Jan 22 and still eating an insane amount of sugar. I don't mind one bit.. one vice at a time and how I view it is my body is trying to get back to normal. I am glad you made it through this last run, do you have a plan from here on out? Hang in there. Keep posting.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Okay so not sure why I am posting this video - no not a video of a drug addict (at least not sure), but here was an example of the Intraosseous Infusion I received. I didn't even know it happened until I was in the ER and my leg started hurting bad. They couldn't pull it out either until they found another IV point which turned out to be the Femoral Vein (another story all together). Not proud or anything - just pointing out how bad things can get. They can always get worse too. Thank GOD (or some other entity) for finally finding sobriety.

Warning - kind of GROSS but good to see
Old 03-05-2016, 12:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Percs are opiates too, so that might be why no dope sick...
Old 03-06-2016, 10:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I thought about getting high again after that but when I played the whole getting it and doing it in my mind. I startrd to panic.
But Im sitting up here in NY now with a broken leg and its cold out. So boredom is really setting in. So my addiction is getting restless.
The good thing is. I couldn't get anything even if I wanted to here. No vehicle and really far from anywhere I know where to go.
Heroin is just exploding everywhere.
Back before I ever tried it. It was just crack we did. Nobody was dieing from that. Heroin has really made addiction very real for me.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I loved Heroin, but then I loved almost anything that got me out of my Self. And even the drugs I didn't particularly like, I did whenever they were available ... because ... well just because ... I'm sure you know what I mean?

Heroin was especially scary though, because you can never be certain of the purity and strength, and with my tendancy to always want to get as f-ed up as possible ... well that's a scary situation - played out numerous times that almost didn't go well ...

Now that I have been completely clean and sober for 2 years plus ... I am overwhelmed by the miracle that was transformed in me by working the 12 Steps. I do NOT need a drug to depend on, to manage being ... ME.

I can only describe it as a MIRACLE, and I KNOW it will happen in anyone that comes to the realization their life is in extreme jeapordy, and they have NO way out of themselves other than a drug or to drink ... and it happens thru working the 12 Steps.

It did for me ... RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE