View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marcus

Aysha - good to see you around (you might have been around - just have not seen you posting). Wow that story is frighteningly familiar. I did the same thing basically. Think the paramedics were surprised they brought me back. The intranasal narcan wasn't working so they had to drill into my leg and inject the naloxone into the bone marrow. I guess maybe it was good I was out of it for that.

I just remember coming too a little as they rolled me to the ambulance. Not cool since I was at home. Anyway long story. I also got Aspiration Pneumonia and spent 6 days in the hospital getting pumped full of IV's and getting breathing treatments. Scary stuff.

For me that happened when I went back to using after a break (years and years ago now) which is why I don't think my body was ready for it. Narcan will definitely put you into withdrawals, but maybe you didn't notice it since you were just amazed to be alive.

Hang in there. Unfortunately I used again a few months after that, but I eventually had enough. At the time it happened I figured you almost DIED - this has to be it! You just never know. Have to make that decision and stick to it.