Notices

30 days clean off heroin today

Old 01-17-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 days clean off heroin today

Thanks to everyone on here who has put up with me these last 30 days - SR has been a massive source of encouragement, inspiration and reminders about the importance of staying clean.
Was in a bikram yoga class this Sunday morning at 8am, caught up with a friend for breakfast, in work now and going snorkelling afterwards. Clean living is ace. My best friend and business partner leaves next month to move to Asia so I really need my wits about me more than ever right now. I'm not missing heroin. I'm just thinking what a waste the last few years have been. Long way to go I need to go to more meetings still and go through recovery properly so still plenty of hard yards ahead of me. It's ace being clean though, some canvasses that have been in the office for a year I finally took home and hung up yesterday. Viva normality!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Thirty days is AWESOME RedManc7!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Congratulations RedManc! Welcome to your new life.

Keep up the good work and many good things are ahead of you!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations, RedManc!

30 days is fantastic.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

HOLY SHIZZ REDMANC! Dude you are the MAN bro! I mean running all over Cambodia and yet avoiding the smack. Dodging and weaving and SH*T! As a FELLOW JUNKHEAD I must commend you. It only gets easier, but those first 30 days are a MOFO! In honor of your achievement a fellow Chicagoan of mine Mike THE HIT MAN Wilson has a little present for YA - ENJOY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BFn2YTVE0g
Old 01-17-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cheers everyone!!! I'm really enjoying getting my life back together and am excited for the future! I know I need to remain vigilant - can't ever forget I'm an addict - but there's been times where I couldn't imagine 3 days clean let alone 30!!!

here's to the next 30 days - one day at a time of course!!
Old 01-17-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Marcus just listened to that mix! That's the best mix of good life I've ever heard! Dunno if I told you but that was the first tune I ever heard when I was 13 and I thought - this is the music for me - that mix would send a club insane - brilliant mix with that nice clean (musically) Chicago vibe to it!
Thanks for that bro gonna listen to some more of his work later!
I am clean and my Ecstasy/clubbing years are over but I loved House before I took drugs (except for sniffing glue when I was 12) and I will always love House Music! Great work on digging that mix out it's a classic mix of a true anthem!!!! I wouldn't expect anything less from someone from the home of House Music! Thanks again brother :-)
Old 01-17-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Red

D
Old 01-17-2015, 08:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done!
I'm 14 years clean of heroin and don't give that drug any thought and haven't for about 10 years.
It strips your spirt but the good news is you can find yourself again, just don't go back... NEVER!

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 01-17-2015, 09:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedManc7 View Post
Marcus just listened to that mix! That's the best mix of good life I've ever heard! Dunno if I told you but that was the first tune I ever heard when I was 13 and I thought - this is the music for me - that mix would send a club insane - brilliant mix with that nice clean (musically) Chicago vibe to it!
Thanks for that bro gonna listen to some more of his work later!
I am clean and my Ecstasy/clubbing years are over but I loved House before I took drugs (except for sniffing glue when I was 12) and I will always love House Music! Great work on digging that mix out it's a classic mix of a true anthem!!!! I wouldn't expect anything less from someone from the home of House Music! Thanks again brother :-)
Hey Red I didn't just post that out of nowhere. I know you are a HouseRAT my friend. It isn't that Hit Man is my fave or anything, but knew that song would send you back and that version sounded clean so posted it for you to make you SMILE!

If you grew up in Chicago in the 80's and can't at least appreciate the House Scene something is wrong with you. I love all sorts of music but tend to listen to heavier stuff these days, BUT can always put on some old school chi-town house with a SMILE! Chip E, Joe Smooth, Franky Knuckles, Hot Mix 5 (Farley "Funkin" Keith, Mickey "Mixin" Oliver, Scott "Smokin" Silz, Ralphi Rosario, Kenny "Jammin" Jason) - were the early days, but when I really got into it in my high school days Julian Jumping Perez and Bad Boy Bill were TOPS!!

Okay sorry probably scaring this crap out of anyone else reading this but you and I get it so that is all that matters right?

Anyway here is a mix from Julian Perez from 1991 when I was a Junior in high school. It has all the radio tags on it and stuff so a bit annoying, but dam it brings me back to ANOTHER TIME my friend. I feel like I am back in high school wearing the stupid ass Cavarrici pants and Zodiac shoes. It makes me SMILE nonetheless. Congrats on 30-days!! Give it a minute to kick IN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n9eTd76mM8
Old 01-17-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratz man! Keep it up!
Old 01-17-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations RedManc, 30 days, what an achievement.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedManc7 View Post
YEP YEP! And tell my that at about 4:40 in that isn't like the epitome of semi-early Chicago house music! Okay sorry don't want to make you go clubbing on E or anything. I know some people have a hard time listening to certain music because it makes them fiend, but this before I got junked out and still love it today!!! Even the Grateful Dead (who by the way will be in Chicago in JULY if you haven't heard) who I used to listen to stoned off my ASS I still can listen to and love it.

Anyway dude if you DO ever find your way to Chicago I would be HAPPY to take you on the House Tour. Bottled water and CIGS only of course!!!
Old 01-17-2015, 11:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I love the music! It makes me happy! no desire to take E's anymore I've done my share of the love drug id love to go to the home of house music Marcus - I sparked a cig and listened to that mix and loved it! Bottled water and cigs all the way!!!!!
House Music is a feeling and i don't need drugs anymore to get that feeling! Like I say loved that tune since I was a kid!!!!
Old 01-17-2015, 11:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good for you KID! And here is the Chicago HipHouse song that I remember most from WAY WAY back in my younger days in the clubs (Thankfully I retired to my COUCH) YO YO GET FUNKY! I could recite these lyrics all dam day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMHJxUC1iMI
Old 01-18-2015, 12:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Tune! Hiphouse was big in manchester as well - especially before there was enough tunes out to play pure house all night! Fast Eddie - id forgot about him! Get funky was a massive tune! Right on that one Marcus mate!
Old 01-18-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Marcus old ravers never die we just spread our wings and fly :-) HOUSE MUSIC (PERSIAN FREE) FOREVER!!!!
Old 01-18-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your clean time!!! This is a really great accomplishment
Old 01-18-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You are awesome man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing your journey!!!
Old 01-19-2015, 02:51 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Yipeeeeee!
Amazing Red, just A M A Z I N G!

As a fellow house junkie, I am enjoying those tunes too!

I thought it would make me feel nostalgic for getting high, listening to dance music. But actually it doesn't really- I am still able to dance around my kitchen like the original nutter, and remember it the next day