Notices

30 days clean off heroin today

Old 01-23-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Yeah! I'm so glad I'm not the only one! What you listed Marcus is more my style, though I am all the map with music as well. I still have a soft spot for the hair metal era as well....I know, I know - but some of the music is just "fun". Metallica was the first concert that I slept out over night for. Huh, they don't even let people do that anymore. I guess in the digital age there's no need now. Yes, TE - those are a little heavy for me Growing up my brother and cousin were very in to death metal - Venom, Slayer, Gwar....gosh I can't remember the names now, things like rotting flesh. I just couldn't get in to it. The heavies I went was Pantera - absolutely loved them. Saw them twice....first was the Orpheum here in Boston....seated arena. The second time was at the Pavilion in RI....open floor plan. I have never been so scared in my life. Just mosh pits everywhere....I'd back out of one right in to another. People were bleeding, smashed noses, it was crazy. I was going to leave until my cousin and brother got all their friends to kind of surround me like a wall. My cousin crown surfed and actually got on stage with them and brought me back a guitar pick RIP Dimebag....such a horrible thing. Love Bruce Dickinson and Iron Maiden. And admittedly a huge Motley Crue fan. Kind of like you TE, the first album I was introduced to was Shout at the Devil and that changed my music choices from then on.

Marcus - as far as Heroin Diaries, I couldn't agree more. When I recommend it to someone I always do so with a disclaimer about that. The album has many more recovery songs and may be a better start. The book was triggering for me and I had to put it down several times myself. But in all, it's actually an amazing read. Amazing he lived through it. I just wish I had been a little farther along in my recovery though

Agreed - sorry to hijack your thread Red! I can't help it though....it's nice to talk about music. When I was using I stopped listening to music completely. I never even turned on the radio in my car - and I have no idea why. I forgot my love of music, I forgot how much it touched me. And I've been rediscovering it again. Why did I totally tune it out? Guess the same reason I isolated myself from my friends, don't know.

At any rate - also a big congrats to you! You're doing wonderful!
Old 01-23-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sorry I missed this, but congratulations on 30 days!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-23-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thanks to all! All this metal stuff?! Marcus how can you go from loving HOUSE MUSIC which is a FEELING!!!
aside of that I love joy division/new order, the stone roses, the happy Mondays, Oasis, The Smiths. New Order used to write love songs for hooligans - concerts especially back in manchester were insane. All Manchester bands who came through in the "Madchester" era in my formative teen years and along with House has been the sound track to my life. I only ever liked one of them weird bands albums, guns n roses appetite for destruction was a great album but the rest of what they did was shite.
Just back from bikram. Had a great class felt amazing after called both my parents and caught up with them which was nice. My business partner moves to Bangkok in a few weeks and we met our accountant on Friday and he signed his half of the business to me. So I have to stay clean for lots of reasons but running my business is a big incentive - it's not a big business - about 10 staff - but big enough for me to need to be proper on the ball. Got a lot going on In my life right now. Meeting a mate whose just moved here from Manchester who has been clean 10 years for lunch, gonna enjoy the hot weather and long weekend. Have a great weekend y'all. X.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

10 jobs is 10 lives and maybe 10 families Red...big enough. Well done on your progress. Stay strong buddy.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Yep it is - even though it's a long weekend I'm working Sunday and Monday as a result :-)