Notices

3rd time around quiting hydro and on day 6!

Old 09-05-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3rd time around quiting hydro and on day 6!

I broke my leg exactly 16 days after being sober. I got pain pills. I started abusing them AGAIN! I saw I was getting a "problem" again so I went and saw my doctor and told him everything. Being a addict, it's a life long battle. From my experience no matter what do NOT take pills for pain. Unless it's Tylenol or Motrin because you start feeding the addict in you and you get suckered right back in! He wrote me clonazepam "which I didn't take because I heard they can be addicting to. Which it was only a 2 day supply but why trade one for another? Atleast that's my mindset. Life will throw you curve balls but you just have to know when to say I can do this without pills or whatever addiction you may have. Whatever you do stay away from pills they will tear you from the inside out! They will make you do whatever you have to just to get a high. Really any addition will. Right? Sorry about the rambling I'm just angry at myself. Working on day 6 makes me happy though. That's all that matters right now.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Hey over you did it! You started a thread! Yay!

I'm really proud of you for getting six days! I hope you get lots of support here!
I agree with you about not taking pain pills. I never want to wake up this beast! Don't be angry with yourself. You are an addict. It's a disease. But you are trying and that's all that matters anymore.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know what you mean mine started back from dental work 16 5mg oxys started the ball rolling again
Old 09-05-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mine started over again with one.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by overthis50 View Post

3rd time around quitting hydro and on day 6
that is a great start -- hang in there

MM
Old 09-05-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

At least you are starting over and on day 6!
Great job!
Old 09-06-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am starting over day 5.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Done with day 7. I still can't sleep. I think that bothers me more than anything. Brian have you quit? If so that's awesome. If not we will be here to support you. Liv awesome on making it to day 5. Stay strong. You CAN do this. We will also support you. You already got this.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Hi over. Day 7 is awesome!! It took me a while to sleep. I thought I would break over it but I didn't! It will come. Eventually your body will rest. Just stay strong!! You have already proves you can!
Old 09-06-2014, 09:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Mama, thanks so much for all your kind words. I just wish you knew how much they have helped me and I want to say thank you.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Hey over. I try to help. Being new at this and so new in recovery sometimes I feel like I say the wrong thing. But I'm trying and I'm learning. I really just want to be there for others like some were for me.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Hi over. How are you today? Thinking of you.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm doing good. I still can't sleep. I feel like a walking zombie lol how are you doing?
Old 09-07-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hang in there friend we are in the same boat
Old 09-07-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

How are you doing over? I hope you are able to sleep tonight. You are over the worst of it...you can do this! Congrats on your 8 days!
Old 09-07-2014, 11:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Hi over. I'm doing good. Just staying busy at home and with my family. Thanks for asking. That means a lot. I felt like a zombie to over. That was one of the hardest parts. The no sleep. Ugh
Old 09-07-2014, 11:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

I see the surgeon later today so I can't sleep either.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

How you doing overthis? Hope well, you sound like you are getting better. This will pass if you don't pick up again. Hang in there.

Mama, what are you seeing the surgeon for? You might've started another thread. I follow quite a bit of what you post, love your story. You show incredible determination and willingness to continue this new sober life. I know your family has to be extremely grateful as well.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Hi final. I have to have surgery on my armpit. It's a problem with my sweat glands getting infected and it spreads. They basically have to cut my armpit out and leave it open. Then do skin grafts. I started a thread about it but it pretty much died out. I am determined to stay sober. At any cost. I am not taking pain meds after surgery no matter what.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Cleanin I'm doing better I actually slept a little last night. Brian, stay strong. When I think about using, I think about the nightmare I'm going through right now and it helps me to not want to. I refer to pills as demons in little white coatings because once you try them and you get that high you will stop at nothing to continue to do so but see we are getting our lives back! We have allowed them to consume our lives for so long. Not me. Not Any more. A little at a time we start feeling better until we are finally ourselves again. Thanks final. Yeah I will never use again. I told my dr everything and told him to write it in my chart so Anytime I go to the dr they can see I'm a recovering addict. Mamahawk, I hope everything goes good for you today. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. You can do this and everything will turn out just fine. Stay strong girl and we are all here to support you! let us know when your surgery is. We will be here for you like you are for us.