Notices

36 days

Old 03-27-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

36 days

I'm needing encouragement today, I know that I can do this I've done it this far and I have 3 amazing kids and husband who give my world meaning, they mean everything to me!!!!! But Ive done this process without any other meds to ease the effects or pain, most I've taken was Motrin!!!!! Please tell me that this is possible to get through (anxiety) with out turning to benzos, it isn't as bad as it was at the beginning but it's still there non the less, is this my body trying to balance out still?!?! But as I have said before, I'm blessed and oh so thankful for 36 days sober and clean of pain pills, praise Jesus for this victory ;( please any and all encouragement or advice/your experience would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 36 days. That is wonderful! Keep on keeping on.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi GS - wasn't online yesterday but checking to see how you're doing. My doctor suggested Passion Flower (OTC) for the post-opiate anxiety and it helps me a great deal. I also use Gaba-Calm which she also suggested.

Here's a quick overview of a study using it: Passionflower in the treatment of opiates ... [J Clin Pharm Ther. 2001] - PubMed - NCBI

Of course, this isn't medical advice to you personally -just what my doc suggested to me and what has worked for me.

Hang in there - keep posting, keep exercising, keep up with good nutrition! You're NOT ALONE.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Dylan I actually have a bottle of passionflower but when I took it I was in the actually withdrawal and was really anxious, so I took one instead if the recommended 2, haven't really tried anything since, besides 500mg of magnesium last night
Old 03-27-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can do it! How's your diet? Are you exercising? How about coffee, do you drink it? You've come this far, keep on going! Breath deep, we're all right there with ya:-)
-Ted
Old 03-27-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My diet isn't bad but it isn't healthy, I try to jog when possible, and no I do t drink coffee! Thanks, you guys truly keep a person headed toward the finish line if this marathon
Old 03-27-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I feel pretty good at the moment, I hope this is the last of my anxiety ( fingers crossed) tomorrow is day 37 and I'm so proud to be doing this one thing though, is it normal to have a chest pain here and there with anxiety
Old 03-27-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Godsent - I will sometimes have palpitations when anxiety gets bad. If it developed into a full blown panic attack I would feel like I was having a heart attack. There would be minor chest pains at certain points with peak anxiety. I did got to a cardiologist to get everything checked out (stress test, 24-hour Holter monitor, the whole nine yards). Everything came back fine, which gave me peace of mind. The palpitations I have are annoying, but they are benign. I could probably make them go away if I laid off of the coffee and smokes.

Chest pains are one of those things that really should be checked out by a doctor. It could be nothing like mine, or it could be something that is serious that needs to be treated.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well when I first started this journey I went to the ER for a panic attack and they drew blood and did EKG, they told me that on paper I was fine, so I asked, am I going crazy and they said of course not, and tried pushing some meds down my throat.....No thanks! I knew I was having anxiety due to the norco 5mg, why idk, but those things reacted differently in my body and made me anxious?!?!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have had anxiety from pills before so it doesn't sound weird to me. Sometimes the pills just wouldn't sit well with me and I would get anxious. It didn't happen to me often, but it definitely happened at certain points.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Keep going mate, it will get easier. xxxxxx
Old 03-27-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Kate
Old 03-27-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

OpioPhobe, I never really had it happen often until I asked my dr to lower my dose because I knew I was sick and tired of "needing" pills, and when I picked up the pills and saw they were white with red dots, thought nothing of it, after the first few days I started to get anxiety BAD, when I would take just one, asked my dr to switch but she and the pharmacy said there is no differences you shouldn't feel different.....ok well let's just say I didn't finish those pills, they got flushed, best choice I've made ever!!!!! I'm gonna be a better mom, wife, friend, person....so just to ease my ever so wondering mind( lately) is am EKG pretty spot in with heart issues?!?!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

OpioPhobe, tried to private message you but it says you have too many saved messages!
Old 03-28-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Excellent job!
Old 03-28-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You just keep plugging away!! You're doing great!! Give it to God. Just give it to God.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you freetosmile.....my mood was a lot better today and the anxiety went away after I got up this morning and started moving around hoping that's a sign of the end!!!!! Tomorrow will be 38 days getting out of the house and staying the weekend at my moms about 45 minutes away, hoping the company will help make me feel even better, I'm a stay at home mom of 3 and 2 got to school all day and I'm at home with a 3 year old while my husband works, so getting to visit with my mom and grandma will AMAZING
Old 03-28-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You helped me so much in my first couple of days, I want to give you some encouragement! You have made it so far!!! I am looking forward to being as far along as you are in your sober living. Our children deserve sober mommies. Hang in there!
Old 03-28-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I noticed that being around other people helps. It distracts your mind. Try to have fun!
Old 03-28-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Omg, that means a lot that I at some point helped you get through and I will deff have fun