Notices

Help with detox questions....

Old 07-20-2005, 09:06 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Originally Posted by Jane63
Oh jeez...this is probably one of the reasons why I should just begin a new thread somewhere! I was really wanting to keep this one around because I think it would be really cool to write my last post on it on my 1yr sobriety date July 20th!!

Jane

YOU DID IT JANE!!! You can or did write on this thread, on your ONE YEAR B-DAY!!!!!
CONGRATS!!!! LOVE, BECKY

PS-- I did not see this, and made a thread on your one year, sorry, but I'm not really sorry, because you needed also a JANE thread of your own, for everyone to congratulate you... I also posted one in the newcomers forum, because alot of regulars hang out there, i wanted them all to know of your HUGE milestone!!!
Old 07-20-2005, 09:26 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

WOW! Thank you so much **{SS}}, **{AngelHugs}}, **{dmajor}}, **{Dawn}}, and **{Angel}} for your posts and congrats! You guys ROCK and you also made me cry...but good tears!!
Today has been a whirlwind of emotions for me with lots of reflection and thankfulness... and I even managed to get that little siesta by the pool for awhile in the sunshine and now I am one exhausted LOBSTER!! {But a happy lobster at least! LOL! }
****{HUGS}}}
Jane
Old 07-22-2005, 06:52 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

TGIF!!!
Whew! What a week!! Our daughter left for vacation yesterday {after packing practically everything she owns and driving me nuts in the process!!} and I must admit that I couldn't wait!! AND, as usual...this morning I miss her dearly!!! Ohhh, I am so damn predictable!!! LOL!!

Hubby and I are leaving for our little break this wknd so I have lots of stuff to do today. Isn't it amazing how much you can get done right before you plan to go on vacation? I don't know why, but I always feel I cannot leave till the house is spotless! Weird!!

Anyways, I probably won't be in for awhile but I wanted to post again and say Thanks for all the warm wishes! Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer!
****{HUGS}}} for those who are struggling! Keep on keepin' on!!!
Jane
Old 08-03-2005, 09:27 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Whew! It's hump-day!! This week has been so stressful I didn't even know what day it was till I looked at the calendar!! Big DuHHHHHH!!

Just an update: Hubby and I totally enjoyed ourselves on our getaway and I really didn't want to come home! We spent the rest of the week relaxing around the house and pool and just doing a few chores which was nice.

Our daughter came home Sunday and has run non-stop with her B/F since then as he is leaving for bootcamp early Monday morning. They are wearing me out!! But things should settle down abit, hopefully...maybe...soon! {yeah, right!! LOL!!}

I do not like this time of year as it seems everything is "ending" and am prone to some depression, but lots of new skills so it ain't nothing I can't handle! I did get a killer headache yesterday and ended up on the couch for a couple hours but am feeling alot better today...just plugging along and took a break so thought I would post here and read abit.

****{HUGS}}} to all and hope everyone has a great HUMPDAY!!
Jane
Old 08-03-2005, 09:38 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Hi I can relate

I have the same problem I'm taking oxy 40mg 3x's a day, vicodin es, been on xanax for 20 yrs., been to 2 rehabs. At the present moment I'm detoxing Why? because I took more than I should have. Many times I tried to quit but I have spinal stenosis, degenerative spinal diease. hernated disc last Aug. had a seizure from running out of meds I was at the bus stop I fractured my vertabrae was hospitialized for 2-3 weeks on daulad. I hate the running aroung game I got busted last month I had a refill for Norco from a different doc before went to pain management. Damn, I had an epidoral that day an a srong shot of demoral beccause the epideoral was so damn painful I cried like a baby. However, my body has adjusted to detox so it's not that bad...I take a liver detox tab, grape seed, vitamins, other herbs. I use my neurontin to help with the kick. Now they put me on Cymbalta to help block the pain plus for my depression. Last month when I kicked I had serious depression. What I did this month was come out of my denial, I abuse them at times just for the high. But, my immune system is so use to narcotics that i have to take alot. I did pretty good this time my meds last me 3 weeks so till the 10, I have to deal with. Keeping busy helps, mortin...just start cutting back if you take 5 aday drop to 41/2 3days later go to 3 so..on stay on three aday for a week or so than go every other day. It's a very tough addiction I am beginning to hate it they want me to have surgery on my spine they said in a year I'll be off of all my drugs. But, I heard so great stories of recovery from the surgery I need and bad. I would have it but I live alone, I'm in California my family in New York except my son and my granddaughter. But I lived out here for 10 yrs. Anyway, try that and start juicing that helps detox your body from the drugs in your sytem. Don't be afraid the first three days are hard , but within a week you start feeling better, than you have deression to deal with because your brainis accustomed to the drug. I have accepted the fact I'm an addict which makes it a lot easier to deal with. I been in so much pain and just been keepin busy, like goes on even when you kick. Don't mess with the xanax I had three seizures from running out of them A doctor has to help you get off them. I don't abuse my xanax either...strange. Anyway, good-luck I'm happy I found someone I could relate to.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:52 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Last edited by shockozulu; 08-03-2005 at 09:54 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 06-05-2006, 09:12 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

I was thinking about this thread from soo long ago this morning when I got up, so I decided to log on and see if it was still around!
I was happy to see that it hadn't disappeared off into cyberspace somewhere as it contains so many memories for me, both good and bad!

I still remember almost everything I was feeling when I made that first post, the indecision and the not yet ready to admit I was addicted phase, the time spent getting myself healthy again after leaving rehab, and then the returning to normal phase that took almost a full 8-months!

As my 2-year mark gets closer on July 20th I am happy to say that I feel I am finally comfortable in my own skin again, that I am still clean, and that things have returned to normal for me and my family even though all of us are alittle older and wiser!

This year I plan to write a Thank You note to my doctor from rehab and let him know how I am doing! I was thinking that he probably doesn't get many of those so some good news or a "success story" might be nice!
I am also contemplating apologising for being such a butthead during my stay there! I kept to myself alot and didn't participate as much as I could have but at the time I didn't understand and was scared of what I was seeing!
Now, I see that most everything had a reason or a purpose there and even though I got through it OK and still remain clean, there are several things that at the time seemed silly to me that I now understand alot better!

I understand that when people don't come in as often here at SR, or those that don't come back at all, are usually written off as relapsing or possibly something worse. This is a sad thought and I have dealt with it a few times myself with those that I was giving ESH.
Keeping in mind that part of my addiction stemmed from excessive amounts of time spent on the computer, I have begun to post/reply less and less over the past year. It is not that I don't want to help others but that I have been busy taking care of myself and sometimes feel that it isn't fair for me to offer support without being able to stick with the person suffering as often as I'd like {or as those who helped me did!}. I also feel guilty posting random tidbits here on this forum when they could possibly deter from seeing someones plea for help.

I will probably be posting in other forums here at SR from now on when I do log on for occasion and those that more closely fit my current situation, but I wanted to bring my old thread back up and ask that it be closed/locked but left so that I may still read it from time to time or that it might help others to read my journey.
Thanks for reading and God Bless!!
****{HUGS}}}
Jane
Old 05-27-2007, 08:30 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Wow! Talk about walks down memory lane! ;-)

I am really happy that the powers be did not close this thread as I'd requested and that it is still here for me to occasionally go back and read!

So much has happened since my last post on this thread...good things, bad things, sad things, lots of eye-opening experiences and "Ah-haa" moments!!!
I make it through each one, God willing, and without the desire to start back down that road that I took so long ago!

Seems I have come to the "fork in that road" a couple times in the last year or so and thank God I always choose to take the path I KNOW I need to travel!

Jane
Old 05-27-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
rat
rattus norvegicus

Thanks for all the information!
Old 05-28-2007, 06:53 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

YW Rat...I hope there was something I might have written that could be of help to you.

By His Blood...I also remember you from around the time I first found SR and we both have come a long way! Good to know there are still several I posted with who still visit!

Hope everyone had a nice holiday wknd! I literally wore myself out and will be glad to get back to the norm tomorrow!
Jane
Old 05-29-2007, 07:56 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Goin'....Goin'....Gone!

TMJ stinks.... I have it...and after so many years with no disc (removed in 1995) I now have osteoarthritis of the left TMJ and let me tell you..... I would not wish my life on anyone not even my worst enemy.
good luck to you and congrads for getting off the pills..... oneday I will too but for now..... I live somewhat normal and without them I would be home in bed collecting from the state. I just needed to get a reality check and stop abusing them and start using htem the way I was told to...... so far for the most part I am doing extremely well.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hi racegirl,
Yes, TMJ most certainly STINKS! Mine kind of went "dormant" for many years but came back really bad when a dentist pulled a tooth, turned my jaw the wrong way {I still remember the loud cracking sound it made!} and really did some damage that sent me looking for any type of relief I could find!
I tried so many types of relief and medications but finally settled on the Vicoden and eventually things really spiraled out of control...probably about the time I realised how much I enjoyed the "warm fuzzies" more than the pain control!

When I finally got off the Vicoden I was amazed at how well OTC medications helped, change of lifestyle and basically accepting the fact that not everyday would be a good one.
I still have some pain now and then and manage to get through it OK {I use Excedrene Tension or Tylenol} and sometimes it is just too much and I have to go lay down for awhile till it passes....and it always does!!

Best wishes,
Jane
Old 07-30-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

*EDIT*
Tried to post a vacation pic but it wouldn't let me! ;-(
Old 08-04-2007, 07:36 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1088/...395228c6fe.jpg

Ahh-haa!! It finally worked for me!! :-)
This is the cabin **"Chalet"} where hubby and I got to spend 4-wonderful days!! Very cozy and especially nice to sit in the hottub at night under the stars!! {Satallite TV was pretty cool too!! LOL!}

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1261/...b672fab6ba.jpg

We built several of these rock "Cairns" to mark the path to the cabin! Aren't they neat?!!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1237/...75b1a5e90f.jpg

This must be why it is called the "Rustic Chalet"! The old pot-belly stove was quaint but that Amish bentwood rocker was pure bliss to sit in and rock!!

Well, just wanted to post a few pics of our mini-vacation in the woods!
~Enjoy!~ I am soo ready to go back!!
Jane

Last edited by Jane63; 08-04-2007 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Finally figured out how to post pics!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

WOW, I would like to live there! Thanks for the smiles...and is really is very supportive and encouraging to see....that things do get better! Sometime, many of us need proof of it. LOL

We have a stove similar but ours has victorian fancies and collars on it, nickle plated.

I want that kind of life. Rural is for me!
Old 08-04-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

I am an alcoholic and had taken either xanax or klonopin for 5 years and drinking most of my life, I couldn't stop on my own so I had to to detox and now I am 9 days sober, xanax is very hard to get off of without medical supervision.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:20 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Nice pics Jane.

Yes, NTBS Xanax is tough to get off. Be grateful!
Old 08-04-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NEEDTOBESOBER View Post
I am an alcoholic and had taken either xanax or klonopin for 5 years and drinking most of my life, I couldn't stop on my own so I had to to detox and now I am 9 days sober, xanax is very hard to get off of without medical supervision.
Yep - maybe one of the hardest things you will ever have to do.
Took me over 6 months to taper off 1 - 2 mg daily ativan............. and it was very difficult - but having transferred to valium - it just became part of my life - slow but surely I tapered off - and managed to keep working and looking after my family.
I will NEVER touch another benzo again - unless needed for a surgical procedure - for anaesthesia.
Need - plenty of people in here to offer advice and their ESH.
Emmer has been free of benzos now for 9 months - I have been free for 4 years........... and others will attest to success.
Stick with it - it is so worth it.
You have done the worst part now - admitted your dependence - and quit.
If you need to talk or ask any questions - just shout - people will answer............
woops
Old 08-05-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

*Probably best to keep the benzo posts on the specific threads about them...thanks*

**{LW}} I'm glad my pics brought a smile to you and anyone else that wish to view them!! Yes, life has seemed to get pretty much back to normal around here for me considering all I've been through in the last 3-years.
I am very, very thankful for that!! :-)

Those old stoves like the one you have are beautiful!! It rained really hard the second morning we were there and the water ran down the pipe from the ceiling and "pinged" loudly off the kettle setting on top!! {LOL!} It was actually quite peaceful to listen to while I had my coffee and wrote in the journals they provided for people staying there!

I would love to live in a place like that too...especially if it was lakefront and secluded with woods all around!! Hubby and I have been researching lakefront property for the past year now but since hurricaine Katrina the properties have skyrocketed and become more desirable than oceanfront.
I keep my fingers crossed though that *someday* we will find the perfect place!!
**{Hugs}}
Jane
Old 09-10-2007, 07:27 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Whew! My old thread is still here! Even though I had asked awhile back for it to be locked, I am very thankful it didn't disappear in the recent system crash!

Been a crazy-hectic couple of days for us but I think we are finally just about all packed up and ready to follow daughter back to college tomorrow! We will be staying till the wknd to help her get her new appartment set up and hopefully enjoying a few shopping trips in the city to buy things to decorate, whatnots.

I have mixed emotions today going between being happy to get my house {and what's left of my brain! } back...And saddness that she is leaving us again.
She is on the right track though, happy, confident and healthy so I cannot complain too much.

I will post a few pics here of the painting I made for her later today when I get more time.
~Jane~