Notices

Garett Reid

Old 08-07-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Garett Reid

Hi everyone,

I was just seeing what everyone thought about Andy Reids son. I am a very big eagles fans and to hear people complaining about him being a bad parent or will this effect the football season really angers me. All the radio stations are talking about it.

Listen Live | 97.5 The Fanatic

Does anyone hear blame the way they were raised on their issues
Old 08-07-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Flyers Fan,

I am from the philly area, actually right across the delaware in Burlington cty,nj. first thing my heart goes out to the Reid family. about your question, i don't believe he was raised wrong. i would say a good portion of people who get hooked on pain meds, etc, are actually people with legitimate health concerns, who don't know what their getting themselves involved with. thats how it happened to me and many friends, sports injuries, car accidents,etc.opiates are no joke. anyone who thinks they can play around and not get hooked is mistaken. do it for an extended period of time and your done. was that Garrett's reason i don't know but its noway to go out, a father should never have to bury his son or daughter. I read in the local paper this morning Andy said Garrett lost his 8 year battle so i am assuming it was opiates. Andy Reid seems like the type of guy who will give his family whatever is needed to succeed but is still tough. thats a father's job. Andy can only do so much, once your offspring venture into the world you just pray they make the right decisions, its all you can do. teach them and let them spread their wings when their ready.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep in mind, in our society... Blame has to be placed on someone whether or not they had anything to do with it. Long gone are the days where personal responsibility trumps all.
While I don't have ANY info into the family dynamic, I can tell you that in circumstances like this - the medias only care is to simply aggrandize themselves in an attempt to generate ratings at the expense of someone else's tragedy. It is a shame but then again, we live in a shameless society where profit trumps responsibility.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Geightee28

I am a die hard Dallas Cowboys fan and I really felt for Andy Reid and the entire Eagles organization...
Old 08-09-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah it is very sad... thanks for the input... I was sick of people saying Andy sucked as a parent... that guy donates more money than anyone
Old 08-09-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Parenting has nothing to do with it. His son was an addict, that was not a result of his parenting.

Just like this mess now with the people suing Ryan Dunn's estate. I understand their son lost his life, and I understand they want someone to blame, but that won't ever bring their son back, nor will it do anything to prevent things like that in the future.