Notices

im lost

Old 07-23-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

im lost

I myself went to the er last night. I've been in two rehabs and countless detoxs. I'm dying am I ever gonna get this. The guilt I have today is horrible. Ill go awhile and do good then i mess up bad. I almost died last night. Please can anybody help me?

:rotfxko
Old 07-23-2012, 06:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sometimes it takes a close call to wake us up. What was the nature of your ER visit?

Have you tried AA/NA yet?
Old 07-23-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there!
Don't give up on yourself!
Our 23 year old son is a drug addict/alcoholic. I pray for him 24/7 that he will **want** to get clean. He too, has been to many rehabs, the E/R several times for pancreatisis and drug overdoses. I've told him each time he comes down off a high that is GOD giving him a second chance to get clean.
I know you are faced with a real challenge, but I hear that it does get easier over time.
My youngest sister, who is a nurse, is a recovered addict and she says it's now a long lost memory. She's been clean for 12+ years and is a mentor for other nurses and medical staff.
Just concentrate on today!
I'm glad you posted here, others will be around shortly, so keep checking in and let us know how you are doing.
You will find amazing support on this forum.
My best wishes to you!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

When alcohol turned me into a woman I detested ...I went
directly to AA and there I found my solution....

Yes you can find a way out...glad you have survived
and hope this will be your time for a better future..

Welcome...
Old 07-23-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks

I went to er for overdose. I can not tell yall have much it means to talk to someone. This dang disease has robbed most everything from me. Im sick and tired of being sick and tired. Yes your right I have to remeber its one day at a time. I used to be on fire for recovery. I need to let go and let god. And for me letting is really hard.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm glad you had some clarity and went for professional help
via the ER
Prayers that you get back to God and recovery.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello there, yes you can have a better life. How do I know? I had a terrible life nine years ago and recovered from alcoholism through AA. My life was wonderful. Then I stopped going to meetings and being in touch with AA, and I wound up with a full throttle opiate addiction. I have 11 days clean right now. I am now in NA. I know what happened to me before and I want that serenity back. It does happen.

Hang in there, one day at a time.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is a new day. It doesn't matter how many times you have gone to rehabs and detoxs in the past. The only thing that matters with addiction is the present.

Maybe you can use this go around as a learning experience. What triggered /the relapse? Is there anything you can do to prevent that from happening again?

It took an ER visit to end my coke career. I would have given anything for that to have been a visit for opiates so it could have saved me years of suffering.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks again to everyone one who responded to my post. Today I'm five days sober. I've worked and slept all week. It really means alot to know someone cares yall rock.