Notices

It masked so much pain

Old 07-10-2011, 03:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Insane Asylum Director

Miles, I miss you friend. I hope you know this. Heaven is beside you. Bless you my friend.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Insane Asylum Director

There's a good side to all of this. I am now 8 days sober and feeling better.
Thank all of you for your support.

I still have to deal with some other issues, I'd like to make new friends here to talk to about them. I'm a very emotional person, always have been. I do however remain the dad to my kids and never let them see me weep over past happenings.
I hope that in the future I can help some of you here. Even if it's just to share an experience.
Thank you so much to all my friends, for your help.
Kindest Regards,
Malcolm
Old 07-11-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Insane Asylum Director

WOW!
Today I woke up and had a rough time the first hour or so but my withdrawals are just GONE!
I feel like I did before I started the medication and I am so thankful for my friends I made here.

That being said, I had a major cluster headache this afternoon

So I feel I need to have something to knock me out for the worst of it and I will talk to the doctor about that next week.

The suffering in endured all because of my neurologist leaving so suddenly is still not over, because I do have a medical condition that needs treatment. I will, however, ask for alternatives to opiates so I don't have to go through this again. If there are none and so far as long as I have been going to the doctor, nothing else has really worked for this type of pressure migraine, then so be it.
I have fought a battle that is still not over, by far, but I think I'm a better person for it.

Thank you to all my friends here. Your kind words have saved me in more ways than you can think of.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Insane Asylum Director

Boy how stupid my last post may have been. I know that there will be good days and bad ones now. 27 days away from opiates has been challenging. My migraines are worse, most of my body pain from punishing myself in a very physical job, has come back.

I've decided to start pacing myself there instead of tearing myself up to do a job that leaves me with no gas in the tank when I come home. I need something in there to feed and take care of my 2 little boys. My wife thinks it should all be over by now, I don't think she remembers everything about migraine and what it does to your body. It's been so hot here, 87 degrees in the shop by 10am and never goes down. I'm there at 4am, I leave at 4pm. Hey, I have to take care of my family.

I don't think anyone will ever know the reason behind the high spinal fluid pressure inside my skull, I'm tired of tests that cost $900 and spinal taps that lay me out for a week. I keep hoping one day, they'll just go away.

They won't. It's a condition and I feel I have to do something about it. Thanks to everyone who has helped me here. I will try and return favors as much as possible to this community. I was going to ride my v-rod today, but I got a damn headache and am now housebound. Maybe I'll try and wash it, again.

In a hopeless situation, you have to scrape around for hope in the mundane.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
FT

Hi Malcolm. I don't know how much disability pays, and I'm sure you've already looked into it. Hey, man, that job is killing you. Is it worth it? Do you have relatives in another state you could try to relocate to?

I'm sorry to make suggestions you've probably already explored. I hope you ask about the other things I PM'd you about when you see your doc.

I was hoping for that bike ride for you. Maybe this evening when the day is cooler?

FT