Old 11-21-2010, 08:35 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers and best wishes to you, man
See you soon

D
Old 11-21-2010, 08:52 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

I'm feeling realllllllllllllly stupid right now. I took this medication okay the dr gave me for the yeast. It's a pill. He gave me 2 of them. The script said take one now. Nothing about the other one, so I took one yesterday and then took the second one today, have felt rather yucky okay. I find the discharge papers and on it he's written take one today and wait ONE WEEK and take the second one. Well too late. No wonder I've been feeling like great big crud in addition to the other crud. duh duh duh.

Last edited by meditation; 11-21-2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: stupid stuff.. just stupid
Old 11-21-2010, 09:17 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

((((Jay))))

I think you've made a good decision here. It's an investment in your future. And as (((med))) says, the time will go by so fast! I know you'll do the best you can. We'll be here for you when you get out.

Much love,

Lenina
Old 11-21-2010, 09:26 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((med))) I'm always doing dumb stuff like that too
heya Lee! :ghug3

D
Old 11-21-2010, 10:04 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) - just remember, sweetie, you may not be able to get online here, but every single one of us is right there with you in our hearts. I'm so proud of you for not using, and for going into treatment. Kirby WILL understand, one day...I promise.

((Lenina)) - so good to see you back, and that you've got some good time off.

I'm in the middle of inserting tables, charts, pictures and clip art in PP, but so far so good. She graded one more paper, and it was another 100, but they are getting quite a a bit tougher.

Trying to make myself sleepy, but it's not working.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-22-2010, 01:15 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Have you ever read the book by Stephen King "insomnia" ?

Thats whats happening to me..well...sorta...every day this week I have woke up an hour earlier. Well...I also keep going to bed earilier and I'm getting too much sleep. I cant wait to start back on all my meds tonight. I think that will get me back on a regular human schedule. And the tummy meds will help alot too.

Jason (hug) going to treatment was the scariest thing i did in my life. I put it off for 2 or 3 years because the idea of not being in control of my life and daily activities and stuff likethat scared me so bad and i wanted to prove i could do it on my own like I had previously for my 7 years sober streak.

When you are there, there will come a moment in it all where you will suddenly realize you are havving fun (not all the time but like maybe even for 4 hours straight)

I haven't done anything to prep for thanksgiving. Mom is coming I think tomarrow afternoon (hopefully late) and she is bringing the duck. If I stress out getting ready it will ruin the whole expereince, so when she gets here we will deal with groceries and menues .. we have a general idea what we are doing.

Today I have to post assignment 3 for class and respond to two classmates...for some reason i'm struggling to get the assingment started lol.

meditation lol i did something similar...i forgot my anti-ds were changed from the 20m pills to the 40m and i took double my dose yesterday...not sure of the impact other than that i had explosive diaria all day

laters
Old 11-22-2010, 01:59 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Administrator

nands!

D
Old 11-22-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Just found out I don't have to get my stores done THIS week...just need to do them all by the end of the year, so THAT makes me feel better.

Planning on finishing the last 2 assignments of the computer class tonight. About to go take my test for the week in my other class. Might as well enjoy this, as next quarter isn't going to be nearly as easy.

Still grumpy as hell and want a cigarette They're re-paving the road in front of our house and the dog is barking, like crazy, at them. I'm SURE they can hear her chihuahua bark over the bulldozers

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-22-2010, 10:48 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

I should not tell you this but pleaseeeeeeeeeeee go buy a pack of cigs. I tapered smoking on my last time I quit, by taking a couple of hits stubbing it out and then I kept relighting the thing so I had maybe one ciggie all day but I smoked it down in bits.
BTW I have been way way to stressed in this period of my life to give up my smokes. I know it's good for me to not but right now my stress levels are out the door so for my sanity and my family's sanity it's in all our best interests for me to puff. I know bad recovery advice.

Good news on the stores, not having to do them all by the end of the month. I saw some ear plugs for 2 bucks, or you could just tie the dog to the porch. I know probably bad advice. Just ignore me. I've considered that I'm not right lately.

Thanks ananda for the commisuration on the pill. I got a great image of your ailment lol. Love to you all Jen
Old 11-22-2010, 11:08 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

The problem is, I know I'm not MENTALLY ready to quit...I'm not like I was the last time...fed up with smoking and ready to be done. This time it's all about $$, though I do want to quit..eventually....sigh.

Having to borrow money from dad to pay my bills, yet spend over $4 on a pack a day, when HE is one of those "reformed smokers" who quit a 4 pack/day habit years ago.....it's just not cool.

I did make one pack last 2 days, which was a miracle, now been about 24 hours without. The bulldozers and the dog aren't really bothering me, I just feel yuk, again, and I can't stand it. It's like being on a damned rollercoaster...up, then down, rinse and repeat.

I'm going to school and see if I can talk to financial aid and take another test. Will be back later. I'm not gonna promise not to get another pack of cigs, but if I do, will try ((Med's)) idea and be grateful it's not CRACK I'm reaching out for.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-22-2010, 03:19 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

My dogs are barking too it's driving me nutty.

I gotta get an assignment done...mixup on my geek appointment, they don't come till NEXT Monday so I'll have to do the comuter bouncing desktop to laptop to get it done

I was able to get the missing med from the pharmacy and took it a few hours ago...it feels like someone finally removed the potato out of my throat (meaning I finally relaxed a bit).

My mom called and my oldest brother is going in for electroshock therapy, first time. He goes in the hospital tonight and they do it in the morning, then I guess 3 times a week for 2 weeks...i'm not quite clear on that. None of the medications are working for him and his depression is completely disabling him at this point.

I'm cooking pork in penaut sauce with thai veggies and noodles I'd share, but I'm really hungry today :P
Old 11-22-2010, 04:10 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

hi everyone.. Well i wish i could write a post on the laptop but phone will have to do..↲i wanted to say thanks for the welcome.. I hope you all have an easy week.. Since i cleaned up i've realised i have the neighbours from hell..i'd not noticed until i stopped getting wasted..↲we have had the police out 4 times this last week.. 2 busts and 2 fight's...↲
Ooh it's snowing in scotland.. And tonight is below freezing already.. I went for a walk and the sky's crystal clear. So 2moro morning will be really pretty with a hard frost.. I'm starting to take photos again..↲ok i'll check in tomorrow.. Night all..↲hugs for all henhousers xxx↲Karma
Old 11-22-2010, 04:30 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

((Karma)) - I LOVE snow, but we only get it very rarely, and today it was 70 degrees here! I think it's great you get here on your phone...I'm probably just being a techno-idiot with my blackberry.

((Nands)) - glad you got your med and could relax. Hope the computer issues get cleared up soon. I LOVE the guy who works on mine. I think he does very well....works out of his house, takes cash only, and is always busy BUT damned good at what he does and very reasonable. Dad found him on Craig'sList.

I am DONE, DONE, DONE with my computer class!!! Just did 2 PP presentations...one on Canada tours, another on a tour of tropical islands. Will still have to wait on my grades, but maybe by the end of the week. I got done 24 days early..YAY!!

My instructor was sick, again, today so we didn't have class. He's missed 2 classes, I've missed one, so I've only had 3 out of 6 classes. Not a big deal, though, as I'm pretty darned familiar with medical terminology.

I did break down and get a pack of cigs, but am doing what ((Med)) said and just taking a couple of puffs, every now and then. I couldn't stand MYSELF, don't imagine anyone ELSE would want to be around me!

I go back to work, tomorrow and find out what my schedule is for the rest of the week.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-22-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Karma... hahah about the neighbors from hell... lol not being aware of them before. I should probably not laugh but that was good, isn't being clean great!!!! Lord back about 10 years ago my neighbor decided to rent his house and he didn't screen too good because we had swat teams and helicopters for the entire time they lived next door and it's a nice neighborhood but one bad renter well dearie me.

Amy, are you feeling better? Love to you sweetie. Fight the things you can fight and you know don't sweat the ones you can't sometimes you gotta smoke'em if you got em else mayhem is the result.

anada, hope your brother does fine tomorrow, that sounds scary.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:09 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

oh yeah it was 70 here too. lovely day. I am not looking forward to the cold temps, it's hard enough adjusting to standard time, it's like the sun goes down way too early
Old 11-22-2010, 05:34 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

(((Nands))) - I totally forgot to wish your brother well...sorry. My cousins cousin (on the other side of the family, but he's still like MY cousin) went through ECT years and years ago. I'd forgotten all about it, he had some type of amnesia, afterward...like he didn't remember what snow was? He's FINE now, and like I said, this is when we were younger (he and I are the same age). I just saw him at the wedding I went to in MN, and he's as normal as anyone in my family can be!

((Med)) - I'm not looking forward to the cold, either. Tess just e-mailed me that the roads are sheets of ice, in Seattle, and everyone's running into each other or off the road (or both). Let's hope OUR weather continues to be nice.

Yes, I am feeling a lot less irritable, and rather than having smoked about 10 cigs, I've had 2-1/2.

Oh yeah, I talked to financial aid today, and she said it was a bit early, but that she would submit the paperwork. The only thing that would disqualify me, is if I fail one of my courses. Told her I had a 98 average in one, 99 in the other, and that was NOT gonna happen. Can't use the grant money to get my books until the first day of next quarter, but will see if I can find at least ONE of them used, before that, if I have the money.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-22-2010, 05:43 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Administrator

When you get the money (((Amy))) go for the patches - they really work

I think your neighbours have Aussie relatives, (((Karma))) - we had a police raid this morning on my neighbours...dunno what they were looking for but they spent a long time looking for it

Good luck for your Bro, (((Nands)))

How are you (((Med)))?

(((Lee))) sorry I missed your post yesterday - all is well here...not too hot not too cold

Goldilocks D
Old 11-22-2010, 05:59 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

((Dee)) - I GOT the patches, and they worked the last time, but then I was mentally ready to quit....now, it's more financial...sigh.

Glad you're having good weather. I guess I'm lucky, we must not have neighbors from hell, because we've never had anything happen out here, other than a couple of recent burlgaries. Of course, 3 miles down the road, different story.

Wow, I remember being IN a house that was raided by the cops...got a nice pair of silver "bracelets" and a night in jail, that time. Times I do NOT miss!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-22-2010, 06:18 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Hey Dee,
I have never figured out what time it's at where you are? Is it your am? Or your middle of the night? It's 9pm here. So sounds like we are about the same temp wise at least for this minute. I've got the AC on.

I'm doing great. I'm not crazy, insane, feel fairly good. Thank you and I hope you're doing good too.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:28 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

((Med)) - I had to google it, but it said it's 1:22 pm, tomorrow (Tue) in Australia, or at least I think in Sidney? The weather forecast looks like ours! I have the capabilities to find that on my bb, but can't remember where.

Mots is trying to fit his fat a$$ on my desk, swishing his tail because Elvis is on my lap (about 4 inches away) and he's intimidated. Elvis weighs less than 10 lbs, just put Mots on the scale he weighs 25, but he's scared of Elvis. Trying to keep a cat fight from happening ON me!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy