Notices

Oxy withdrawal DOES end

Old 02-02-2010, 08:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oxy withdrawal DOES end

If your reading this your probably going through hell right now and i have been there... 24m nyc..... i was snorting 400-450 mg of oxycodone a day... and i am currently 65 days sober.... my reason for posting is just to tell you that it does eventually end.... the pain the anxiety the imsomnia the not wanting to do ****.... IT ALL ENDS.... my biggest thing in my first few weeks was just feeling that the withdrawal would never end..... it eventually does.... its not easy or fun and you need strong people around you to help.....that another thing that helped me, telling my parent and brother and some co-workers.... people do care about you, and the black hole you are in right now will not last forever if YOU want it to end.... ONE DAY AT A TIME..... Think how ****** you feel right now and think how long its been since your last pill....day 2 or day 4..... and just think, NEVER EVER again do you have to go through that day again unless you choose to.... stay strong
Old 02-04-2010, 07:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank-you so much I am on day 3 with no pill and I feel so gratefull to you for posting this site is a god sent to me. I have never gone past a week each time ive tryed stoping cold turkey on my own.

Your post I have copyed and put on my background its so nice to have hope.

I'm so very proud of you that you have gone 65 days and thank-you again for your words of encouragement
Old 02-04-2010, 08:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

do you know what effects withdrawls have on a fetus??? I'm pregnant and trying to taper... I'm not having much luck. I think I'd be better off trying cold turkey, but I've heard withdrawls can cause early labor???
Old 02-04-2010, 09:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Luxless View Post
do you know what effects withdrawls have on a fetus??? I'm pregnant and trying to taper... I'm not having much luck. I think I'd be better off trying cold turkey, but I've heard withdrawls can cause early labor???
Luxless

My heart goes out to you.
I'm not sure on what would happen to a baby w/d you should call telehealth or talk to a doctor.
What is your average usage/day? I think that makes a difference if its safe to go cold turkey. I actully found out last friday i was pregnant and i had one last Ha rah and quit cold turkey i'm three days with no use it sucks but as (beggervance) posted earlier it will get better.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Luxless,

Please see a doctor as soon as you can - seek some professional medical advice.
The health of your unborn baby is *way* too important to leave to an internet forum.

D
Old 02-04-2010, 09:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You're worried about what effects withdrawals will have on a fetus, Luxless?

Seriously?

Look, I'm no doctor, and as Dee has pointed out, you'd be very wise to talk to one about this situation, but ... one thing I can tell you for certain is that you don't want your baby to be born an addict if you can avoid it. And I'm fairly certain that it's possible to avoid in a medically safe manner.

Talk to a doctor, seriously. Soon. You need to get off this crap. And don't worry about the fetus going through w/d's, it's going to suck way more for the little thing to go through them as it's first experience living outside the womb.

Every day of it's development that it's sucking up your drugs ... is worse for it than the bit of discomfort it *might* feel from your quitting it.

What would the effects of w/d's be on fetus!?!

Sheesh. Don't be silly. What are you thinking, maybe it makes more sense to keep taking dope, ya know, for the sake of you not wanting your fetus to feel dope-sick?

Anyways, great thread, great message. We do recover. It takes a little while to get back to normal, YES ... but it WILL HAPPEN if you stay clean. It really doesn't take *that* long to at least feel a TON better than you did when you started. Around a week, usually.