View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 09:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bval

You're worried about what effects withdrawals will have on a fetus, Luxless?

Seriously?

Look, I'm no doctor, and as Dee has pointed out, you'd be very wise to talk to one about this situation, but ... one thing I can tell you for certain is that you don't want your baby to be born an addict if you can avoid it. And I'm fairly certain that it's possible to avoid in a medically safe manner.

Talk to a doctor, seriously. Soon. You need to get off this crap. And don't worry about the fetus going through w/d's, it's going to suck way more for the little thing to go through them as it's first experience living outside the womb.

Every day of it's development that it's sucking up your drugs ... is worse for it than the bit of discomfort it *might* feel from your quitting it.

What would the effects of w/d's be on fetus!?!

Sheesh. Don't be silly. What are you thinking, maybe it makes more sense to keep taking dope, ya know, for the sake of you not wanting your fetus to feel dope-sick?

Anyways, great thread, great message. We do recover. It takes a little while to get back to normal, YES ... but it WILL HAPPEN if you stay clean. It really doesn't take *that* long to at least feel a TON better than you did when you started. Around a week, usually.