Notices

Warning: I had a seizure on Suboxone!!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I did talk to the addiction guy today...and told him what happened to me...and that I was taking 2 suboxone, perhaps more, but most of the times it was 1.5 or 2.....and I asked him what he wanted me to take from now on, in light of this seizure business???! His Rx is for 2 Suboxone a day...but he says to take 1 a day from now on. My hosp doctors discharged me...knowing these were the meds I was taking...and said they were okay together.....I sure hope they are correct. If anyone here reading sees anything that looks odd, please speak up so I can question it! Thanks!!!

1) Depakote - 250 mg 3 times a day
Suboxone - 8mg - taken in 2 doses a day
Effexor 75 mg immediate release - twice a day
Xanax .5 mg - 1 every 6 hours as needed for anxiety
Old 03-18-2009, 03:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

With the Effexor, it should help with anxiety. I'd be careful with the Xanax (addiction). How long have you been taking it? With your low dose of Xanax your probability of respiratory depression is low. As I'm sure your doc knows. If you have been taking Xanax for a while talk to your doc before quitting (seizures), just play it safe.
Good Luck
Old 03-18-2009, 03:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think that as long as everything is takin exactly as prescribed, you'll be the safest for sure.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am detoxing from sub right now, cold turkey for that reason can't control it. I have asked my doctor to lower my dos from 2 8mg again and again and he refuses to. I'm looking for something just to take the edge off which is what it is for but that dose knocks me out or gives me just enough of that feeling to take 3 more. So I'm done. I have Xanax for anxiety and just took the last 2 subs.

I am sorry for not having input on your seizures, I am new and trying to find others like me.