Notices

really screwed, 3'rd time

Old 03-16-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

Well she means what now? You flushed the pills. Now what?
Are you going to wait two months and get another script? Are you going to go to your family for support? NA? Therapy? Suboxone? What are you going to do now to prevent yourself from going through this roller coaster again?
Old 03-16-2009, 01:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Half-ass addict logic? How 'bout Full-blown addict logic!
Look, you need to realize that going to the doctor and lying to get pills to get a little high....that makes you an Addict.
I think that you are in denial about this.
If you in fact flushed the pills, then great. Now, what are you gonna do about the refills that you doctor gave you?.....Wasn't it 3? That's a total of 270 pills...what about them?

Remember, it takes one to know one

Old 03-16-2009, 01:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Penny, please understand. I know I'm an addict. I should of said "i'm an addict with half ass logic" Now for the refills Im not sure how to handle that issue.

GUYS, please understand I'm being as honest as I can. As far as immediate plans I will try another Na meeting right away. Also talk to my Psychiatrist. No plans for sub. Sun I didnt have any w/d symp. after 40-50 hrs w/o using.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have an alert set up on my health insurance that tells the pharmacist that I have abused narcotics in the past. It has caught a few times even if I've told my doctors/dentists that I am in recovery (new dentist..didn't read all my info).

I hope you can find a way to get rid of the pills but I know how my mind would work. May you find the strength you need.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Originally Posted by alldun View Post
Now for the refills Im not sure how to handle that issue.
Hows about callin' up the pharmacy and cancelling the refills? Tell 'em it's a new allergy. Tell 'em...oh, hell...don't tell 'em anything. Just get the refills cancelled, now.

Okay, deep breath. You say you're trying...then you're trying. All anyone here is saying, I believe, is what are you trying.

Hit a meeting then hit us up and tell us how it went.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

Yeah you are gonna have to cancel them. I know it sucks but it has to be done.

*bear email J but dont **** me over
Old 03-16-2009, 03:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Guys thanks so much for all your support and ball busting. I will call the pharm as your suggested Bear. And of course back to meetings. Gotta make sure they cancel the refills. Great idea.
thanks again guys
Old 03-16-2009, 04:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

alldun
Honey, I don't mean to be so hard on you, But....I've been there. I was abusing pills for more than 10 years. I told myself lie after lie to justify my obsession with the pills. I'm glad you're not in w/d's, that's a plus. As far as the refills....If you're serious about quitting, call the doctor and be honest, tell him what pharmacy you had them filled, and he will cancel the refills.
Find a meeting
You're in my prayers
:praying
Old 03-16-2009, 05:41 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I do appreciate your insight penny, I'm a big boy. I can take the harsh criticsism. If it wasn't for your support I prob would still have a full bottle and headed to an ugly place. Please don't get me wrong I'm not taking this lightly. I need to do what I should do, for me. Before I act out on my cravings I need to talk. I gotta go to meetings for support.

thanks
Old 03-16-2009, 05:45 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
it's a movie, you're the star

!!

Originally Posted by FrmrlyStgbr View Post
Golly, it's almost like an invitation to Da Bear!

Why? what wasn't right about you?

Then it weren't sobriety...you just wasn't using...

Oh, come on...yer talkin' to addicts here. If I wanted to use, really wanted to, 90 w/3 refills is fu**ing Nirvana. Who you kiddin'?

Oh, yeah? Think that one over carefully. Again, who you kiddin'?

You can toss 'em. But ya don't want to. Big difference, Sparky.

I can easily "relate" to any other addict. "Relate" doesn't mean my story matches theirs, it means the feelings of hopelessness and fear are the same.

Been stupid, been sober. Sober is better.

Then my work here is done.

Hoping you see the insanity in your own words, I remain,

Absolute brilliant post.

Another thing: you can't "use pills recreationally..." they aren't recreational - they are for medical purposes ONLY! I am a recovering pillhead, and I can totally relate, but let's not fool ourselves here. The hardest thing I ever did was hand over stashes of pills to my parents when I asked for help - but it saved my life. I highly suggest doing the same, I don't want you overdosing.

Message me if you need a friend. Stay strong.

Rachel
Old 03-17-2009, 06:17 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Some French tart....

Hello, just popping in to tell you how I curb my intake of pills. The pharmacy hands them to me DAILY. I have nothing in my house at all, apart from advil ( non-opiod pain releif),
immodium(for diarrhoea), and motilium (for nausea). I can ask for anything I like at the pharmacy but they won't give it to me unless you can't get addicted to it - Dr's orders.
What I have is for withdrawal symptons ONLY.
Hope your day is good. You can message me too if you want to talk.