Notices

Off Opiates for 20 days. feel like crap

Old 11-06-2008, 10:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

I personally think you can deal with it unprofessionally...
Who is more professional at addiction than another addict???. You can get through withdrawal if you just don't drink or use...
I don't know...I never found a professional that cured what I got..
My problem is not so much getting sober, clean...I can do that..I just have a REAL HARD TIME living my life without chemical "help"...The anxiety and fear are a huge part of that for me..
Just my opinion here folks...
but if you have no insurance or cash you better seek out some "free" help ..thats where "WE" come in....WE can't do it alone...
It took me 2 months to "feel better" after kicking opiates...anxiety was my constatnt companion...but I walked through it..i did go to Dr.s but never really got much releif...I was so desperate and that is what motivated me...

Well I have to go take a typing test today..so I am off..

You'll be ok..you are supposed to feel like crap right now!!!!
lov enorth

Last edited by northbelle; 11-06-2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: typing error ..hehe
Old 11-06-2008, 11:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Aw, North, I know we can all handle it ourselves; I just worry, especially when it's mental symptoms because those are the ones that can drag on and on and cause such agony.

Michael as far as medical help, is there any kind of clinic in your area that has sliding fee scales or could you go into an ER? I don't believe they can turn you away. You don't deserve to suffer.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

i just want to give you credit it takes a lot of strength to detox off of opiates. and i didnt have the strength instaed i got on methadone so i didnt have to feel any pain. and now im just addicted to the methadone. i thought about suboxone but that would be the same **** i would be addicted to that. after 20 days without anything you are doing great keep going to meeting and stay connected with a network of recovering people. i wish you the best!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome Michael

Give it some more time my friend, you didn't get addicted in 20 days, now did you? Not saying it's gonna take YEARS, but ... a month is a reasonable amount of time to expect to have some significant symptoms hanging around. It takes a while for your adrenaline levels to go back to normal once you kick, cause your body has been overproducing it for a long time to counteract the dope and keep you awake. That's why you're panicky. It will pass. Hang tough, don't use, hit some meetings like you've been talking about here, and you'll be feeling better really soon, I promise!
Old 11-07-2008, 07:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

i just came back on here to tell you how IM doing day 5 on suboxone ..i feel great .ive been working ,doing chores at the house ..wife thinks its great ..we havent argued or fussed at each other all week ...im still at 8 mg a day ...they sent me home 2 for the weekend ...i had to take a "locked box} to the doctors to get them this morning ...they come 1 in each in a little plastic bottle ... so i take one each morning at 7:30 ....i sit down anf have to let it melt under my tougue for 20 min ...wothout swallowing ...tastes pretty nasty ...but its not as bad as having heeby-jeebies all day ..lol...anyways i see you micheal have posted thursday ,,still asking questions ..so its apparent your not going to get any suboxone ....and your 21? days now without ...probly dont need anything do you?i cant believe you still feel crappy after 21 days without. mayby youll just feel crappy even if you took something to get you straight? ill look in tommorrow ..hope you feel better there micheal and get help before long .
Old 11-08-2008, 08:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Had a pretty good day today. Thank God. Woke up with just a little anixiety. Gagged a few times in bed and then made love to my wife. That took the edge off really quick. I was worried I was going to throw up a few moments while we were doing it, LOL. Thanks God I didnt. I think I got stabilized on the klonopin and making an appoinment to see a addiction physc next week. hope to start a good taper program.

Love all of you, Michael

God Bless
Old 11-20-2008, 01:22 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

40 days now without opiates and feeling a bit better

Man, what a month. Its 40 days now and feeling a bit better. man, that panic chit got old, but, Im making it through. I think some of my problems mentally were from the klonopin. Im down to .5 a night. going to dump that chit in a few days.

Thanks for all your support.

Love,
Michael
Old 11-20-2008, 01:23 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

40 days - way to go!!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:46 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Glad I found y'all. Thanks for everything

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
I'm really glad you found us, Michael.
Glad I found y'all. Thanks for everything
Old 11-20-2008, 04:57 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

The benzos are a totally different animal. They do a number on the brain and nervous system. Slow taper is the way to go with that stuff and the slow valium taper is the best of all. Good luck with it and be careful.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:09 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stefffanyy View Post
i just want to give you credit it takes a lot of strength to detox off of opiates. and i didnt have the strength instaed i got on methadone so i didnt have to feel any pain. and now im just addicted to the methadone. i thought about suboxone but that would be the same **** i would be addicted to that. after 20 days without anything you are doing great keep going to meeting and stay connected with a network of recovering people. i wish you the best!!!!!!!
Hey Stefffanyy! I just wanted to let you know that you did make a choice to get off of the drugs by switching to Methadone and no matter what the reasons you made the first step. I don't know if all of the effects of Methadone were explained to you, they weren't to me and at the time I was so crappy I just wanted my dose. I went on Methadone through my doctors recommendation from Oxy's. I was on Methadone for 2 years and also found myself addicted to it. 13 days ago I stopped going to the clinic and although I am driving myself crazy with not sleeping and anxiety I am doing alright. I just wanted to let you know that you don't have to be a slave to yet another drug because you are afraid of what it will be like without it.

Michael, I am coming of Methadone not Lortab but I also awaken with intense anxiety every day. I don't even allow myself to really think when I wake up now. The very first thing I do as soon as I wake up is go take a nice hot, long shower until I feel myself calming down. It does come back during the day also and again I jump in the shower. This is the only thing I have found that will help me. You have made it so far already! Much further than most addicts can make it on their own so please don't give up. I made a list of all of the things I want to do once I am in full recovery from my addiction, that I wouldn't do before either because my mind was sort of shut down and I couldn't enjoy anything or because my life revolved around me getting my dose. As soon as I start thinking of how just one dose would help me feel so much better right now I look at the list and read over and over again. It does help some. You will find something that works for you. Just don't stop trying you can do it!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:22 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

(sorry to hijack, just a very quick question) my doc yesterday took me off the .5 IR Xanax, but left me on the 1mg XR Xanax three times a day. Do you think I will suffer withdrawals? He took it away cuz of the suicide attempt, but did leave the extended kind. You think I will? Nothing yet, but then again that was only yesterday....
Old 11-20-2008, 10:06 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by michael35209 View Post
Had a pretty good day today. Thank God. Woke up with just a little anixiety. Gagged a few times in bed and then made love to my wife. That took the edge off really quick. I was worried I was going to throw up a few moments while we were doing it, LOL. Thanks God I didnt. I think I got stabilized on the klonopin and making an appoinment to see a addiction physc next week. hope to start a good taper program.

Love all of you, Michael

God Bless

Well I guess look on the bright side of things--many of us have zero sex drive right now, so at least that part of you is "up" and running! Im glad to see in your other posts the anxiety is getting better. I remember m first few weeks the anxiet knocked the breath out of me--not even the xanx that I take (as prescriped) worked to lessen it. I never was made aware that panic was a part of withdrawal until I went through it, so I feel for you.Keep going though--you're making it!! I'm proud of you for that!
Old 11-25-2008, 06:37 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Its been about 40 days now off the dope and alcohol. Im actualy starting to feel much better. Whew, what a fooking drag that was. Anxiety level is pretty low now. Thanks god and thank all of you for your prayers. Im now starting to taper of the benzos and then I will be clean. down to .75 a day klonopin. Its going to take a few months to get off the benzos, but there are going to get the fook out of my body. Sick of having chemicals in my body.

Love ya all and thanks so much for all the support,
Michael
Old 11-25-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Michael, thank you for sharing your story with us. I have been clean off of opiates for the last 18 days and I am having a hard time with the depression and anxiety. But your story does give me hope that this too will pass, and I will be able to return to somewhat of my former self before drugs. Thanks again, you are an inspiration! Keep up the great work!
Old 12-11-2008, 05:00 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Smile

Its been about 60 days off the opiates and alcohol and doing ALOT better. Man, that was some hard ass chit detoxing at home. But, not im almost clean. Im on .5mg klonopin a day and start tapering off them using the ashston medthod Monday Dec 15th. Cant wait to be compltly clean.

Amen.

Hope all of y'all are doing well.

Love ya all,
Michael
Old 11-09-2020, 12:28 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Listen to this person.

Originally Posted by vicodaniel View Post
Don't forget suboxone is a strong narcotic that some people say is harder to withdraw from than the vics or percs! 20 days is great . My buddy told me 30 days he started getting normal energy. I'm only on like day 15 myself. See my thread "I'm trying." I'm doing acpuncture execise and supliments. Suboxone after 20 days would for me be going backward.But Iff thats what works for you or others,thats great.I do think you are already ahead of the game

I'm also in recovery. I was taking about 8 oxy 80's a day for 5 years then I went to an outpatient clinic. They tapered me from 160mg of methadone to 30mg over 6 years. I was getting 2 weeks worth of take homes. October 20th was my last day taking that garbage. It's all crap man.. I just make myself man up. Talk to your friends and family, listen to music that makes you happy. Take vitamins, L-lysin, Nutacore detox pro health an HGH spray, L - Phenylalanine, nitric oxide for some energy. I've been taking CBD to help with sleep. I'm not going to lie, I still feel like crap, but I'm definitely making progress. Each day I feel a percentage better. You don't need any drugs man. Just struggle through it. Make it so bad you never want to go through it again. I believe in you buddy. If I can do it, you can as well. Just know I'm here suffering with you. But we got this. Easy peezy.
Old 11-13-2020, 09:04 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Indecay View Post
I'm also in recovery. I was taking about 8 oxy 80's a day for 5 years then I went to an outpatient clinic. They tapered me from 160mg of methadone to 30mg over 6 years. I was getting 2 weeks worth of take homes. October 20th was my last day taking that garbage. It's all crap man.. I just make myself man up. Talk to your friends and family, listen to music that makes you happy. Take vitamins, L-lysin, Nutacore detox pro health an HGH spray, L - Phenylalanine, nitric oxide for some energy. I've been taking CBD to help with sleep. I'm not going to lie, I still feel like crap, but I'm definitely making progress. Each day I feel a percentage better. You don't need any drugs man. Just struggle through it. Make it so bad you never want to go through it again. I believe in you buddy. If I can do it, you can as well. Just know I'm here suffering with you. But we got this. Easy peezy.
Not sure if the op will respond it's been such a long time since there post. But congrats on your days off pain medicine. I am working on day 184 off opiates. Yes I was taking a very high doses as you were. The physical withdrawal is horrible but you made it past that. At like 4 month the PAWS had kicked in and it felt like I was withdrawing really like the mental state was all amped up. Yes exercise is the best alongside eating healthy. One day at a time will add up.