Notices

Cocaine Nose Worries - Plz Help!!!

Old 04-28-2010, 02:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I know the nasal suffering of coke all too well

I was born with a sinus defect and allergies. When I was 21, I had surgery to correct this, and as of yet had not tried coke. But after healing and falling into a crowd that did it heavily, so did I. At first, I had no nasal problems, but my nose was relatively "new" at this at the time, and I suspect that the kind I was getting back then wasn't cut as much with trash going up my nose.

What happened to me years later could only be a result of too much and possibly lower quality as it can be cut with some of the nastiest stuff and putting that up my nose resulted constantly blowing crap out of my nose for days and once I even stood over my bathroom sink while blood just poured from my nose. I wound up having a second surgery and it did not go well and I quit then because I was really scared and that was about ten years ago after doing it off and on for nearly two decades. Then out of the blue only a couple of years ago, I did it again, and I am sure it was the closest to pure I had ever had. My nose would burn for several days after, but very little stuffiness and discharge. After that binge I would have to take pain pills for the excruciating pain in my sinuses. Then about 6 months ago someone gave me some and it seemed really strong, and I thought about getting more, until the old nasal discharge, sneezing and stuffiness and bleeding began again and that was it for me finally. No more. I could not live with the pain and all the crap that was coming out of my nose for days after. I am sure it was cut with another drug to be so strong.

What I learned was this-after nearly 25 years of fooling around with this crap, I could not do it any more. The floor of my sinuses were ruined, and I had no mucus membranes in my nose anymore. Too much damage had been done and it was irreversable. On the flipside, the good news is if you quit while you are ahead, most of the time your sinuses will heal on their own, unless you get like I was the second time and had to have surgery which was undoubtedly the most painful thing I have ever undergone. I don't want a third one, so it is over for me. It just isn't any fun when the price like that is too high. I still have dreams about it, but all I have to do is think of the misery I have been thru in my life with sinus problems and it is enough for me to say no.

Last edited by Peter; 04-28-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

If still not convinced....

Read up on the story of Stevie Nicks from Fleetwood Mac and her story about coke addiction and what it did to her sinuses is quite scary, yet inspiring to give it up. She too had her sinus floor rot and collapse, much like me, and it was total hell for her. Sometimes she was so stuffed and bloody, she could not perform at all. If you don't stop, you could lose your teeth, and suffer total collapse of your sinus floor. I used to just love this drug, but I don't anymore and I am 48 years old and have had alot of experience with it---from the purest, to the crappiest filled with fillers like BC powders, talcum, other low quality drugs to make you think you got the good stuff. Stay away from it, and your nose will eventually heal to the point of tolerability, but it may never be exactly the same unless you have surgery and I had 2 and I still have problems but I can handle a little stuffiness with antihistamines and decongestants. But please hear me, I am a 25 year off and on user--it will destroy your sinuses and nasal passages if you don't give it up, and please don't try and think of another way to get it in you, especially needles--you might wind up dead.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

coke is so icky
Old 04-29-2010, 10:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I snorted coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose.. LOL
Ok, with the joke out of the way, Hello SJ and welcome to SR. I agree with taxigirl, don't try to get coke in you another way. I played around with the powder, never needing it. Just doing it for fun and the rush. I'd work a little faster, etc. etc. Had a good time on it. Then my XABF introduced me to the world of crack cocaine. WHOA horses.. The rush was MUCH shorter but it felt so much better and I couldn't get enough. I went from a 6 figure bank account, house, 6 vehicles and an enclosed trailer, and a pretty good job to NOTHING. I have two vehicles left, but they do not run and I do not have the money to fix them. I depend on my friends and family AND the government for financial aid. I spent more than 2 years fighting the urge to smoke crack (May 3rd will be my 15 months clean). I am in school and I am doing so much better, but it is sometimes difficult to think about where I could be versus where I actually am. If I hadn't smoked crack, I could be paying my own way to college rather than financial aid. I had THAT much money. UGH! I blew it all on crack and stole to get some more. I sold everything but myself and wasted years chasing that junk. Don't smoke crack and definitely don't inject cocaine. Get yourself to a doctor asap and be completely honest and maybe he or she can give you some good, solid, advice on what to do. I believe keeping it moist will also help. I remember so many times, when I tooted coke, how my nose would be all stuffy and nasty. Usually when they stepped on it with baking soda, is when my nose would be the worst. Cocaine isn't good for you, but the junk that dealers cut it with can be just as bad, if not worse, going up your nose and destroying your nasal passages. My XABF (ex addict boyfriend) told me this is why he smoked it rather than snort it. He reasoned that crack took less of a toll on your body than cocaine did. Of course that is some of the STUPIDEST reasoning ever, but I fell for it. Lock, stock, and barrel.
I ended up in the hospital twice, from smoking too much crack cocaine. We aren't talking a gram or two. I'd be smoking 20 grams, easily, a week. I did a lot and I am so grateful I am alive and drug free, and able to start again and try to be a better person.
If you feel that you NEED to do it on the weekends, or you are questioning whether or not you're really an addict (I mean seriously questioning), you probably are. And this site, SR, is one of the BEST places for recovery and support. I am so happy I found SR over a year ago!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

I snorted crystal for 4 yrs almost every single day from 84-88. I screwed up my sinus's big time. I also have a narrowing of the septum. I have a left nostril that is noticably larger, (to me) my nose still gets dry and also my sense of smell has demished some. but I am thankful...thankful I quit and got clean and didn't completely collapse my nose. Get some clean and sober friends.......at church, AA, NA etc. You don't have to use every single day to be an addict but be binge using and also have it negatively affecting your life. Welcome to SR! Sheila
Old 04-30-2010, 06:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Talking

Hey you guys 'n gals-----
(taxigirl103; CrackQuack; and Lily)

Y'all do realize that this thread is almost three years old; the OPer made only five posts--all in this thead (which he/she started); his last post was on 9/27/07; post #17.

Interesting stuff, tho.....

(o:
NoelleR