Notices

Change

Old 06-03-2007, 05:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lost-n-Found

Change

Changing the way I do things is very tough, but when I do or try something new it is ALWAYS rewarding. I was an active user for so long that I'm learning the basics of life all over again. I've been clean for 98 days and it feels like i've been born 98 days ago, literally. Walking, talking, loving, everything is new. Sometimes I do not know who I am. Whoever this person is , he's tons better than that mean, selfish heroin addict, active addict I mean. I love NA.........
Love,
Magellan
Old 06-03-2007, 05:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
T1
sparkly clean

weclome to SR and congrats on 98 days clean. that's quite an accomplishment
Old 06-03-2007, 06:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Wow..I want what you have..that is how I want to "feel" about being clean..
any tips to share??
love north

Thanx for your post!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lost-n-Found

Hey Belle,
You can most definately Have what I have, I'll tell you what I did. How long hav you been clean? and are you in the NA program?
Love,
Magellan
Old 06-03-2007, 11:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Hey there! well today is my 5th day AGAIN..I have been a member of aa since I was 19 and I am now 44!! Which I COULD take to mean that the program does not WORK..but in reality I know I would be DEAD without hanging out around the program all these years. Perhpas though if I go to NA it might be good for me now. I have been many times through the years..
I am so happy that YOU are so happy!!! What was your drug of choice??
Wow you live in EGYPT!!!!! Please tell me what it is like over there!! SO they have drugs there, obviously?? What are some differences in likfe in Egypt to the us , that is IF you have ever been to the us!! So they have meetings tehre too? Wow, I am really curious to hear more about you!!! I know you mentioned not knowing who you are now. I can so relate..
Maybe by sharing more about ourselves with others we can figure that out together huh??
love north
Old 06-04-2007, 05:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Lost-n-Found

Hello Belle,
5 days is a great start, today is 6 I hope. It's really hard in the begining but you HAVE to ride it out, it was the only way for me. I was simply going to die if I used/drank again and I had much to lose and no more chances. I'm 99 days clean today and the first and second months were the hardest, still is hard but I can live with it as long as I'm living te program to the best of my ability. I now have my sponsor and a new circle of friends/aquaintances all from NA/AA to talk to anytime I feel a need to. It is the only way for me. I do no go to places I used/drank in or associate with people I drank/used with or keep anything that reminds me of using/drinking. I know it's pretty rigorous but I'm the type that would take any excuse to get ****** up.
My drug of choice is Heroin and when I'm off Heroin I'm a full blast 24/7 Alcoholic and Benzo user.
Anyways, about Egypt, yeah we got it all here and cheap..beautiful beaches, pituresque deserts, and ancient monuments. We also got overcowded cities, major pollution, and a corrupt government.
We have an AA meeting every day of the week and have several NA meetings a day all week. NA is huge here. AA is very small, but for some reason I feel more comforatble in AA. Yes, I have been to the US regulalry from 1985. I also studied there and my first wife is from CA. I'm 40 years old and never been sober before, NEVER since I was in my early teens.
I am learning all over and thats the biggset part of not knowing who I am. Please give yourself more time clean. It's the only way for he miracle to happen. You will be truly amazed.
Tell me a little more about you.
Love,
Magellan
Old 06-04-2007, 05:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wink

Congradulations on the beginning of a great sober life! Just remember it is all about staying sober today and being the best person TODAY. I take it one day at a time-one step at a time. I try and make the most out of everyday. At least I know that if I screw something up, I am at least sober doing it.... with much sober love to you...
Old 06-15-2023, 11:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Lost-n-Found

I'm still clean, one day at a time!
Old 06-16-2023, 12:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats great 2ala2 - congratulations
Old 06-17-2023, 02:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations 2ala2, immense inspiration you are!!