Notices

Had to get off methadone after 10yrs of 85mg.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
livelaughloveu

Had to get off methadone after 10yrs of 85mg.

So my methadone clinic rapidly detoxed me for taking a xanax while I was slowly tapering.I stopped going at 30mg.I found a Dr to write me subutext but I had to wait 5 days after my last method dose.I did benzos and opiates and made it thru although it wasn't easy while trying to work 12 hr waitressing shifts.So I started taking the subutex and I just don't like it.It doesn't calm my nerves like meth did.I still have cravings, when I never used a opiate on methadone.I guess I'm wondering if its going to take awhile to work or if I can get benzos to take with the subutex or if any drs write methadone I can't go back to the clinic for at least 2 months. Thx

Last edited by livelaughloveu; 10-18-2016 at 06:36 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 10-18-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

HI livelaughloveu

I have no experience to share - but others will. This is a good place for support

D
Old 10-18-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome livelaughloveu. Were you tapering originally because you wanted off methadone (since you were at 85 for 10 years)? Seems odd that a clinic would do a rapid detox due to a benzo (especially if you had clean tests for years), but mixing is obviously dangerous. Many clinics will stop your take homes immediately with a failed test, but they vary. Plus they usually stop take homes once you start tapering anyway. I am not sure how long you were at that particular clinic or if there are other clinics near you.

I have been on methadone and sub (mainly suboxone, but subutex too) years ago and switching is definitely a difficult process and takes your body time to adjust. It also takes a bit of time to build up in your system and will probably feel a bit different than methadone which you are used to. You would have to check with a doctor about prescribing methadone (it is rare, but not unheard of). Some doctors will prescribe a benzo with subutex, but again it depends and if I were you I would be sure it is the SAME doctor prescribing both. At the very least all of your doctors need to know what you are taking. I hope it all works out - Take Care!