Notices

16th day off suboxone

Old 04-15-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

16th day off suboxone

this was my worse day so far. I started subs jan.8 and they worked great. But this withdrawal is long and getting miserable. sweats chills and cravings. Im hoping it want last alot longer.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would think that the wd symptoms should be better by now. But with suboxone, if it is like methadone, it can take a long time for it to get out of your system, someone said on here that methadone can take months to a year for it to get out of your system, I wouldnt think suboxone would take that long to get out. Suboxone has a web site and i believe a contact us place on their site, maybe check it out or put thiss post in the substance abuse forum, you may get more replies
Old 04-18-2009, 09:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by baggervance View Post
this was my worse day so far. I started subs jan.8 and they worked great. But this withdrawal is long and getting miserable. sweats chills and cravings. Im hoping it want last alot longer.
Baggervance, how are you doing now? I'm just tapering but was shocked yesterday by how ill I was when I woke up (it had been eight days since I had tapered from 10mg to 8mg). I was flabbergasted to have such a reaction at that point in tapering. I was very disappointed because I had hoped to taper another 2mg yesterday but couldn't bring myself to do so. The hot flushes and the sweating are still regular too. This Suboxone stuff just clings to ya. I can't imagine what it would be like to try to get off Methadone if it's supposed to be worse.

Are you better?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Christin,
I dont think I'm alot better still cold sweats ,chills. This is 20 days for me.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What was your dose and what did you jump off at (sorry if I missed that on some previous post). As I type this, I'm sweating.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

CHRISTIN,
Sorry cap lock was on and Im lazy not screaming, I was on 4mg that was my dose I jumped because I was so sick throwing up all the time I had lost like 25 pounds the last month. So When I went back to the sub Doc I told him he gave me prozac and I just jumped that day. Like I said first week wasnt bad but the 16 day was my worst I craved hydros like all day and if I had had any in the house I would have used it was a struggle not to call a dealer and get something. I am not craving that bad now but the cold sweats and the chills are almost with me all the time. Man I dont know being addicted just sux no matter which way you go. I hope yours dosent last as long as mine. Im 40 now and it jus gets harder every time wish I could quit playin this silly game every time I say this is it my last time but it never has been yet dont know what it is gonna take.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm 46 maybe that has something to do with how tough this seems to be??? Too old to do this sh*t, probably.

Four is a pretty high dose to jump off. Were you ever a higher dose and then taper down to four? I've been at 12mg since February 11 and when I tapered to 10mg, my body complained. I have good and bad days, but never a day without sweating and chills and aches of some type. So, you never stabilized well on the sub? Was your doctor surprised by your negative response to the Sub?

My doctor is certain that tapering off is pretty much symptomless if done slowly enough (and that there are absolutely no symptoms at higher tapers). Yeah right!! Not!

As far as making this your last time... I hope that it is. Do you have a good support system? I have an wonderful AA group that I hope to keep attending from now on and I have a sponsor who in spite of my resistence sticks by me and is helping me to move closer to becoming willing. Have you had those things in the past?

I'm quite sick of sweating myself
(having #11 at this moment)
soon to be followed by the chills.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How r doing now

How are you doing now, you have a few more days under your belt.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah, I started at four doc wanted me to take 4mg three times aday but when I did the first 2mg I was fine and it worked quite well for a couple of months until I started snorting it then I was sick but I continued to snort it I'm just sick I guess.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Did you start using the suboxone again, i hope not but your post makes it sound like it, you were doing so welll
Old 04-19-2009, 09:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

no Im not using anything now sorry I dont express myself well through typing. This is day 21 and I am better I think still have all the symptoms that I did just not as servere I think. I also have terrible restless leg Ive kicked the hide off my feet. I am cold by nature but this is ridiculas. I'm not tryin to scare anyone this just my account it is no where near as bad as oxy or hydro w/d's but it still sux.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by baggervance View Post
no Im not using anything now sorry I dont express myself well through typing. This is day 21 and I am better I think still have all the symptoms that I did just not as servere I think. I also have terrible restless leg Ive kicked the hide off my feet. I am cold by nature but this is ridiculas. I'm not tryin to scare anyone this just my account it is no where near as bad as oxy or hydro w/d's but it still sux.
Wow, thats too bad that you are having wd after three weeks, thats just nasty, are people supposed to wd of of subs that long, its almost as bad as methadone. The body should reset itself much quicker then that...
Old 04-19-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scaredtostp View Post
Wow, thats too bad that you are having wd after three weeks, thats just nasty, are people supposed to wd of of subs that long, its almost as bad as methadone. The body should reset itself much quicker then that...
Scaredtostp... My experience is showing that there are no "shoulds" when it comes to Sub. (Right baggervance?) At first, I thought that I was an anomally. I'm beginning to see that it's really a mixed bag. The majority may not constitute a majority by many.

I should qualify for all who read, however, that I have a immunodeficiency of the complement system (which might possibly be Lupus). Perhaps some of my reaction has to do with that??? Only time will determine, I suppose.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Keep it up lady, whatever happens its not worth going through again for a little relief. It sounds like you are steadfast in your conviction so I'm not to worried. Do you have anything to releave the leg kicking and the stress or are you CT carte blance? I have go ada so you may be answering questions that you have already answered.

I remember being off the oxies for even a day, thats a laugh 24 hrs never happened, but the world developed this irritating scum film that permeated every orifice of every pore sense and crevice of life its self. If you are past that or have avoided that you are in good shape.

I applaud you and hope I will follow soon with more ease and you yourself remember and know there are better days ahead. Even these aren't so bad we are alive and we do have people who care.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Withdrawal from drugs/alcohol

Hi Everyone,

I have never had withdrawal per se....when I quit drinking I had a medical detox in the local hospital...had been drinking every evening for four years.
I drank a total of 24 years with a year or two sober here & there.

When I had to change antidepressants I titrated off the current one over a two week period....then had severe depression until the new AD kicked in.

You all are so brave to discuss this and help each other. My Brother has been through all of this & finally ended up in the hospital to finish his detox from alcohol which he used to get off methametaphine. He didn't call me during the detox because he was so ill. He ended up having a heart attack in September this past year during his detox...scared him so got honest with the doc and told him everything up front. I didn't know he was using drugs until after our Dad died....then he went from bad to worse with both alcohol & drugs. I have always been scared of drugs...did have friends that used them though...alcohol made me sick enough.

I wondered why my Brother was so afraid to be in jail & he later told me he would go through withdrawal in jail & he got no help for it. He has been to treatment many times...mostly court ordered though.

He has been clean/sober since October 31, 2008....not very long but it took almost a year to just get detoxed and feeling better. I have been sober 20 years but it doesn't seem like 20 years should feel. I am 68 & my Brother is 67. Alcoholism, Depression, & Drug use is in our family tree...treated & untreated. Mostly alcohol & depression for the older family members that are gone now.

I wish the best to all of you & just keep up the good work even if it takes staying in bed all day...drinking plenty of water even if it comes back up...you are worth it....to get yourselves back into the groove of life again. I know it is so hard & seems never ending but it all will be worth it in the end.

kelsh
Old 04-21-2009, 03:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Hello Bagger! I haven't been in this part of the forum much, so I'm sorry to say that I missed your earlier posts.

I know it can feel like forever, but this too shall pass. Since it is what it is, the best thing you can do is learn from the experience. Patience is a virtue. In my book, you've just becpme more virtuous.

I can really, really identify with what you're going through. My process was a little different, but the results were about the same. I did a self-imposed detox through methadone, starting at 20mg and dropping down to nothing in 10 days. I thought my little plan was great because I expected that it would sneak me right out of the whole withdrawal process. ::imagine loud "I was wrong" game show style buzzer here:: Well, I went through withdrawals (though I'm sure they were reduced to some extent) while on the methadone, and then I went into full on withdrawals when I stopped that too. In all, I survived about 3 weeks of hard core symptoms. It happens. I'm on day 35 since stopping the methadone and day 45 since quitting my former DOC, and I feel a hundred times better, but I can tell that my body is still in the late process of setting things back to normal. The fact that I kind of wasn't expecting anything in the first place made it hard until I switched my perspective on the whole thing. Since there's little you can do about it, just accept the situation for what it is instead of fighting it. The symptoms will all pass on their own time. Just be grateful that it happens!!

I also love this Robert Frost quote, and it has become like a little mantra for me: "The best way out is always through."

And these might help too:

Louis Pasteur:
"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity."

Franklin D. Roosevelt:

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

Harriet Beecher Stowe:
"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Chin up!! I'm SO PROUD OF YOU for sticking through it!! Keep up the great work!! 8
Old 04-21-2009, 09:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

thanks Stepingit up, I really need that. 23 days I feel better a littled maybe but still cold and clamy hands just basic W/D symptoms. Im trying to hang but it is so hard knowing one snort of an oxy will make me feel better sick thinking I know but thats me . My counciler says ;m a train wreck.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

what are you doing besides wringing your hands? are you active you have anything to make you relax? I W/Ds are hard gotta think of other things. Im not going to be much better I was a basket case at some point today in between doses, but I am going to follow you down the road. Pretty quick too. I used to run, Im gonna be digging those shoes out. keep it up lady!! Your almost at a month.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:01 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Your feelings or thoughts are not sick either, they are part of the process. We all as humans have these drives. Addiction is not a sickness is part of the human condition. Spin the wheel on what you get workaholic sports nut, you think about people trying to diet trying (man if I just had that hot dog) LOL to exercise trying to fix their marriage. Change- exercising your will and breaking the habit or rutt is the hardest thing a human, whoever you are, can do and you are doing with added challenge. Don't feel guilty for who you are or what you feel, know who you are and what you feel and why you feel it.
Biological Process thats it. If you are successful you will have learned how to change in the face of great adversity and in learning that you will do it again and again to make your life better. Yeah the oxy would feel good but not for long because the lifestyle will follow, hotdogs suck anyhow though.

Now Bagger write that down cuz Im gonna need the same pep talk in a month.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:53 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Running will definitely help. I find the natural endorphins from working out really help with cravings, restless legs, restless body/mind etc., and the horrible anxiety attack I had this morning that I woke up to. Wughrty...I was out walking at 5:30am (it was only 35deg F and windy). That twenty minutes helped so much though.

Keep on keeping on. It does get better.