Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox
Reload this Page >

Day 2 of a 2 bundle a day H habit + precipitated w/drawal with naltrexone

Notices

Old 03-26-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

HOLY **** ****.

so i had enough of snorting this crap. towards the end i was doing 2 bundles (1o bags a bundle) a day so 20. i just had enough and was like wtf am i doing. this isn't me. i quit cold turkey. i did my last 6 bags (at one time- my tolerance shot up quick) on thursday at noon. i am so tired. i have pins and needles all over. unlike others I've been sleeping nonstop.

i have clay hands. i took naltrexone yesterday at noon. in the first 30 minutes i had weird runs. went to the bathroom. all of a sudden for the next hour i puked my brains out like i never had in my life. snot ran down my. i was screaming in pain. i felt like de capario in basketball diary's. Next. i got weird spasms in my back that made me arch in weird ways and didn't feel good. my stomach kept running. i haven't ate in 2 days. i feel like ****.

i am afraid to take another naltrexone after yesterday. i am going to give it another day before i take it again. that will give me 3 days off. i also took the naltrexone since i know you cannot go back. it blocks the receptors and there is no way to override them. i would have to do a brick just to do that.

**** man. idk what i did. i feel horrible. my bed is covered in my puke. i have a bit more energy but am sneezing like crazy. how much longer. did i speed these withdrawals up by taken the naltrexone yesterday? the pins and needles in my hands, arms, all over are killing me.

I've been in detox twice for alcoholism. this 10 times worse.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Night owl

You definitely got severe precipitated withdrawals. That sounds horrible, like week's worth of symptoms in a day or two. I strongly encourage you to contact the doctor who gave you the naltrexone and tell him/her what is happening. They should be able to tell you when to try the next dose and maybe give you some comfort meds. Hopefully someone who has more direct experience will post too. In the meantime could you get to the ER? Just to make sure you're not dehydrated if nothing else?