Notices

I'm doing it!

Old 07-16-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm doing it!

I'm being so good. I had a wonderful appt with my regular doctor and he is supportive along with my husband with my taper.
I feel bad because i caved in today and had to take a quarter of a pill, however, when i really thought about it, i didn't do anything wrong.
In the past 4 days I've only taken 2 quarters, which are tiny, tiny amounts.
I was trying so hard to get thru today and that would've made 2 days in a row without anything. I thought about what another poster had said tho.
Slow and steady wins the race. He's right.
I need to go easy. I'm so close! !
Old 07-23-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm really proud of you. I'm currently at 17.5 mg methadone from a peak of 75. Every time I go down I get sick and I hate it. It's harder now than ever. And even now after all this time and all I've been through I still crave opiates. I'm afraid I would use again any second I got the chance. So I just keep praying I don't get that opportunity. I'm so happy for you! It sounds like you've come a long way. You should feel proud of yourself. That's wonderful you have such a supportive husband. I'm lucky in that way too because my fiancé is incredibly compassionate and supportive. Keep up the great work. You're so close to the end.

Originally Posted by peanut44 View Post
I'm being so good. I had a wonderful appt with my regular doctor and he is supportive along with my husband with my taper.
I feel bad because i caved in today and had to take a quarter of a pill, however, when i really thought about it, i didn't do anything wrong.
In the past 4 days I've only taken 2 quarters, which are tiny, tiny amounts.
I was trying so hard to get thru today and that would've made 2 days in a row without anything. I thought about what another poster had said tho.
Slow and steady wins the race. He's right.
I need to go easy. I'm so close! !