Notices

Starting on the home stretch!

Old 06-23-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting on the home stretch!

This morning I'm starting 0.5 mg of suboxone and what an interesting ride so far. Suboxone is unlike any other substance. Just posting my experience in case there is any one else out there who wants to get off of it.

Like I said in previous posts, it's wore out its effectiveness so I need to be done with it. I realize now how self centered I've been in all of my years of prescription drug use. I have never forged a script, never committed any crimes, never purchased it off the street, except from a friend once and that was the beginning of the end. She was a well known pill popper. Other than that i always got a legal script from a doc that started out for a real reason but soon escalated into frequent uneeded refills. Then running out. I actually was in a methadone clinic for a year so as well. Looking back, I can't believe I ever did that. That's a story all in itself! Getting off of methadone was the hardest thing I've ever done.

I feel a lot of guilt surfacing about neglect to my marriage. I have such a wonderful husband. He is fully aware of what's going on but he can see the person I am and he doesn't judge me. I take care of that for both of us.

He often tells me, "I wish you could see yourself thru my eyes". I wish I could too.

I'll get thru this. I just need to pick up and move on. I'm excited to see what a sober pill less existence feels like. Tapering has been different than I expected. I ache. Alot. Sleeping issues a little and everything is tolerable but I ache all over most of the time. I take Hylands homeopathic remedies at night for leg cramping and restless leg and lots of ibuprofen. Doctor gave me some tramadol but I think the ibuprofen works better!

Just wanted to let you all know how I was doing and that I'm grateful for all of your stories and inspiration.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep moving forward peanut

D
Old 06-23-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job peanut! Very cool to read about your taper and consistent success with it so far.

I never had the will power to taper off any opiate so congrats to you for that. Very difficult, something to be proud of.

Keep going, you can do this!
Old 06-28-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I tried jumping.... oh my.... too soon

As of this morning i was 70 hours without any suboxone. The withdrawals are a different thing. I ended up taking a.0125 just now to see if that will help even things out. I only took. 05 for just a few days and thought maybe i can do this. Maybe i could've if i had some time off work but i don't. I left a half day yesterday. I think i have a head cold, on my cycle, (sorry, tmi), and withdrawals. Customer service just goes by the wayside. I'm sleeping okay. Just in alot of pain, sneezing, watery eyes, no energy, at all. I'm scared. I don't think it will last as long as methadone.