Notices

Starting subox treatment - first time help

Old 07-02-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Kong - how did the switch to suboxone go? I hope things are going well for you on it.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How much suboxone are you taking each day? It will help with physical withdrawl in my experience, as I am undergoing switch from Oxy -> Subs now. But mental battle is very difficult in withdrawals.

I've been taking two 8mg strips each day, and progress is showing. Because I know if I do Roxi it will have no effect on me unless I stop suboxone for several days. I'm still taking Xanax & Valium. I will have to taper those drugs, as cold turkey gave me a mild seizure.

If I may be of help of any, inbox me & I will do all that I can. There is the light at the end of the tunnel, and OpioPhobe is very knowledgable and his advice should be acknowledged.

Regards, Viktor.

P.s - temporary pain for permanent freedom is within grasp for both you and I
Old 07-05-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Detox

I went to a rehab center and detoxed for three days. On day four, I was started on Suboxone, 4mgs, every 6 hours. I did this for two weeks and then stated weaning. I am at one quarter strip of a 2.0 Sub, three times daily. Then we taper again in two weeks and so until I am completely off. It is a slow course, but the wd's don't drive you nuts.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am happy for you I was thinking about taking subs to get off methadone but decided to to just bite the bullet.I am 30 days off methadone and everything seems good except the energy is damm low and constant trips to the bathroom.
I was working in AB and didnt get a chance to see BC I here its great there?
Old 08-09-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I just wanted to chime in, I started subs about 17 hours after taking my last dose of oxycodone. I didn't feel that bad when I took it so I was worried I might have taken it too soon but about 30 minutes later, I felt "normal". Did you ever start treatment? I hope things are going well for you.