Notices

The new guy

Old 05-23-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The new guy

Day-16 off subs, jumped at 8 mgs and haven't looked back. I worked through this entire process and as of today I feel pretty normal. I know I have a long way to go but taking it slow and setting small goals is what's keeping me going!! I love reading the positive encouraging post if success. I just want everyone to remember that our brain will lie to us and tell us how much better we are on the subs but when you really stop and think about the zombie half asleep lazy a** you were it's just a lie. At day 16 I feel alive and that is what's getting through today so far!!!
Thanks all
Old 05-23-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're doing OK SprungPoppy.

D
Old 05-25-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Thanks for sharing, your post is inspirational to me! I've been on suboxone for not quite a year and have been gradually tapering down. I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous about making that jump, but its definitely what I'm aiming for. It makes me so happy to know that you're doing well without the suboxone, it gives me tons of hope! Keep up the amazing work, and post when you can because I'd love to follow your progress

Audrey
11 Months and counting!
Old 05-26-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks grace...now on day 19 and I'm doing ok. I used drugs and sub to get through the work day for so long that finding motivation and the energy to work at the level I'm used to is the hardest part for me. This is the longest I've been clean since the devil started on me so not sure how long the lazy feeling will last but I'll keep you updated on everything. I used subs as a crutch for years and I'm sure if I regret gojng that route or not. The dread of w/d was definitely worse than the w/d themselves. I had some very weak moments but luckily I ended all avenues to find anything before I started knowing id get weak at times. I'm treating this problem like a disease and telling myself that like cancer, I can't be symptom free in 3 weeks. But for anyone reading if I can make it 19 days so can you!!!
Thanks ...
Keep you posted