Notices

How long to normalize?

Old 04-02-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How long to normalize?

For those of you that are succeeding while on Suboxone. How long did it take for you to simply feel normal In sub. I find that after inducing I am anxious and physically just feel off. I am wondering if that goes away or stabilizes overtime. At this point I am looking just to fire and forget in the morning and just feel level all day. Not thinking about pills etc. I know I have to be patient and let Suboxone do it's job. Whatever I just looking for some sort of timeframe on when you just feel normal I so many people claim they do.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

MK - I didn't really succeed on subs, but I did take them long enough to normalize. When the dosage was correct I would be feeling good by day 3. Induction was always terrible for me and the day after was very blah. By day 3 I would feel pretty good. I never stuck with it though, and would always stop taking it once I had a couple days of feeling good (once I had enough time to get my willpower up). Even when I was feeling good though the cravings never completely went away. They were significantly diminished though.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Idiot!

Yep, once the dosage was sorted within 3 or 4 days I was pretty level
Old 04-03-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I took my first dose of suboxone on a tuesday night. That next day i went to work and functioned fine but i think i was still trying to grasp everything. By the next day, i would say i felt almost perfectly normal and the third day i was good. So, 2 or 3 days.

With that said, i felt fine on day 1. It was just sort of coming to grips with everything that was going on, etc.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Night owl

I felt wretched the first three weeks and then started to normalize. I also wound up on the highest dose for a little while. I think everyone is different and maybe the people who feel great right away are the exception rather than the rule. Not to be depressing but more to give a realistic sense and encourage patience with yourself.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My experience was similar to lyoness. It took me a couple weeks to feel better. But I was probably on the wrong dosage. Once it was adjusted I felt better. I rarely feel cravings. I'm not sure how much is due to the sub and how much is due to being done with pills. Every time I get a craving I start thinking about my life on the pills and I feel discusted. The craving goes away pretty quick.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello, I'm on day 9 of my first time starting subutex treatment. and finally starting to feel better. I often read these stories of people that say they felt better after 2-3 days. It just makes me realize that I just used so damn hard I wish I could be so lucky to actually feel better in 2 days. I still can't wrap my head around why I'm at day 9 and just starting to feel better. But I used 30 hydros a day and smoked fentanyl. Hang in there you will start to feel better. I can't take one dose and be good yet. I feel withdrawal creep up on me after 8 hours. I than take my second and final dose of the day. I wake up in withdrawal still but after about an hour or two after my morning dose I feel better. Don't give up. Hope this helps because I'm going through the same thing as you.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Idiot!

It took me about 3 weeks to get the correct doseage and feel settled. Now the only issue is going to the pharmacy every day to get the subutex. A minor inconvenience I feel for the benefits of not using.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It took me just under a week to begin to feel "normal" again . I've been on it for almost a year now and I honestly haven't experienced any noticeable adverse effects from it at all. I know this post was a while ago but wondering how you're doing now mk?

Audrey
11 months and counting
Old 05-27-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am doing ok. No real withdrawal issues. But cravings are bothersome. Just have to keep moving forward.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Awesome! That is SO good to hear. I've been away from here for a while , since last summer actually, and when I was finally able to log back on the other day, you were one of a handful of people that I actively searched through threads to find. ( now that I've typed that sentence it looks a little creepy-stalker-ish but I swear I'm not weird, lol!) I was really hoping you'd still be around, and here you are. Last summer you were struggling like crazy trying to decide about suboxone, what did you end up doing? Anyway, glad to know that you're hangin' in there mk !

Audrey
11 months and counting
Old 05-30-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GraceToo View Post
Awesome! That is SO good to hear. I've been away from here for a while , since last summer actually, and when I was finally able to log back on the other day, you were one of a handful of people that I actively searched through threads to find. ( now that I've typed that sentence it looks a little creepy-stalker-ish but I swear I'm not weird, lol!) I was really hoping you'd still be around, and here you are. Last summer you were struggling like crazy trying to decide about suboxone, what did you end up doing? Anyway, glad to know that you're hangin' in there mk !

Audrey
11 months and counting
I am on suboxone. Between last summer and now I have relapsed a few times. It is a struggle to just want to clean up. There are aspects of my life I would rather be numb to. But, it is not sustainable so I am trying to take it a day at a time.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I never felt normal on subs, now im clean off them for just over 3 months im starting to feel a little better
Old 07-04-2014, 09:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

great question. I just made a post because I started sub yesterday and I don not feel anything close to normal. I feel like I am still using. no withdrawls or cravings, but I am definitely not sober which is what I was hoping to feel.