Notices

Just started suboxone. Need some advice

Old 10-26-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

HELP: Folks. I have no idea what IOP and AD and AV means. Is there a glossary somewhere?
Old 10-26-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Sorry, guys. I've been really busy. I'm still at 2 and using the taper I found online. I am noticing slight withdrawl symptoms at even a little bit lower of a dose though. Just kinda runny nose, a little sweating and some major anxiety.. Open, how did everything go once you jumped?
Old 10-26-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Noelle,

Hang in there I've read a lot about symptoms lower than 2 mgs. Can you go down super slow? Are they something you can deal with?
Old 10-28-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Noelle14 View Post
Sorry, guys. I've been really busy. I'm still at 2 and using the taper I found online. I am noticing slight withdrawl symptoms at even a little bit lower of a dose though. Just kinda runny nose, a little sweating and some major anxiety.. Open, how did everything go once you jumped?
Yep. When dabbling below 4 mg is when most people begin to feel the effects of WD. I am torn on advice here. While I know most people might just want to get clean and get rid of this. I am also aware that sub is a different beast. You are not chasing a high with it. You are simply using it as a tool. So allow yourself time to adjust to each step down. No matter if it is a week per .5mg or so. You are preparing for the rest of your life. No reason to cheat yourself.

Also noelle, please pm me the link for this taper. I am interested in all sub tapers as I only want to use it for a few months if possible in my case.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Lover of the Light

Hi Noelle. My experience was I felt withdrawals as I tapered right around 2mg and below so you're not alone there. I feel I benefited from allowing my body to adjust to any drop. I felt rushed too and excited that I was tapering, like let's get this show on the road but mentally I needed that adjustment and always took a couple days once I evened out to prepare. I hope this helps...
OK, the jump. Yeah, it still sucked. It sucked in a DIFFERENT kind of way from oxy withdrawals tho. The first couple of days I felt ok. And once the ruff stuff kicked in it wasn't as intense as oxy withdrawals but it was longer. For example, I didn't experience RLS like oxy wd's but intense sweating and panic. Day 5 through 10 were very hard but I did it and you can too. I KNOW the tapering helped tho. For sure. I attempted a cold turkey jump around 2, actually. Some can do this without a problem but I absolutely couldn't. If you like to PM me I can share any detail that may help you.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Thank you! I'm not sure what I'm gonna do right now. I've been kinda up, down and sideways trying to get the dose right and adjust it. I don't know if you read my earlier posts, but I was dependent on the meds and I still have some left. I'm def worried about the w/d either way because I'm a huge baby. I did consider trying to start my induction again on my own at the lowest dose possibly because I do still have some meds left. I also have Kratom, cuz I heard it helps with w/d but I'm not sure yet. I do remember a while ago, when I was first put on the meds, my brother stole a bunch and I went into a light w/d cuz I was only on like 30mg a day at that point (which is what I would be going back to) and a friend gave me 4mg of suboxone and that alone got me through all the w/d from the meds
Old 10-29-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Lover of the Light

Noelle, my honest take is that is your addiction talking. Wanting you to take your DOC. Plain and simple. I understand the pain of tapering but stay the course, give it a couple of days and your body will adjust to the new dose. What mg are you on now and how many days? Your body is adjusting and your addiction is pouncing all over your weakened state. Does that make sense? Push through and you will even out.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Noelle, stick to it. Remember. Sub has a LONG half
Life. When you step down it takes a good 72-96 hours just to reach steady state. That is when your body can adjust to the new dose.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I know, I'm still working on it. Doing well, though
Old 11-01-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Lover of the Light

How about an update Noelle? What dose are you taking currently? You CAN do this!
Old 11-02-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I'm stuck at 2. I've been trying to go down but I get awful anxiety every time I do. I can handle the physical aspects of it, but the anxiety, depression and not being able to sleep I have a really hard time with, the sleep being the worst. I normally have a hard time with anything less than 8. I get very irritable and short fused, so I'm really nervous about that
Old 11-03-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Lover of the Light

Stay at 2. It took me a long time to even out at that dose Dana. With everything going on, I understand your desire for a quick taper but suboxone is harm reduction after all. So maybe thinking about maintaining at 2mg till things at home present the right opportunity? You will know when it is the right time to move forward. We're here for you! Hows the situation with your husband?
Old 11-03-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I think you meant to post that to someone else. If you read my earlier posts, I was in a pm program for a while due to a shattered tailbone and 2 ruptured disks. I got sick of the pills because I felt like it was just a bandaid and was sick of behibd dependent on anything, but didn't have time off of work to do a ct detox, and with the amount that I was prescribed, it would have been rough, so I went the sub route. I do notice that the lower i get, the shorter it seems to last. Luckily for me (I guess) I was only physically dependent and not addicted, although to think it sucks either way. I don't have cravings but I do get anxiety and some pretty bad depression, which to be honest, I've always had a problem with. I never took more than what I was prescribed or ran out early, I was just honestly sick of it and in a way, I feel like it may have made the pain worse. My mom had mentioned that at one point and now that I'm off, I think she might have been right. Anyways, I wanted to gauge where the pain was without them also
Old 11-04-2013, 03:55 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Noelle sorry to read that you're having trouble lower than two! Maybe stay at that for a couple weeks or so. Then go down tiny amounts. Maybe lower one day, then 2 mgs the next, then lower again and 2 mgs the next. Until you stabilize. Of course that is just an idea, better to consult with your Dr. I hope your anxiety goes away. That so hard to struggle with!

Hugs and prayers going out to you!
Old 11-04-2013, 03:59 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Oh, noelle, I've heard people being put on an anti-depressant for paws symptoms, perhaps that would help you get through your anxiety as you ease off the sub? You could always taper off that later. Those aren't nearly as difficult to get off of as sub.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I was actually thinking about being put back on an antidepressant. I was on Prozac for about a year and a half at 60mgs but I had awful side effects with it. Horrible, vivid nightmares, heartburn to the point I would get sick about 20 minutes after taking it, and whenever I would turn my head, it almost felt like I had an electric current running through my brain. I hate the side effects so much that I tapered myself off of it. I def don't want to go back on Prozac but I might try something else
Old 11-04-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Btw, it's been a month today!!!
Old 11-04-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Ok noelle, glad your doing good. Congrats on your month off the pain pills! You are at the home stretch now!

I've heard some people have trouble with Prozac. Maybe a different kind might work. Just, please stay away from the Xanax! I got hooked on that and that is just one more beast to slay! I'm sure you've read some of the horrible WD stories on here.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Lover of the Light

Sorry Noelle, wrong person! But Congrats on 30 days! This was a huge milestone for me. You rock
Old 11-05-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Yeah, I'm not big on Xanax but I do get panic attacks at least a couple times a month and I might take a .5mg, but Xanax has never done anything for me other than calm me down a little. I guess it affects people differently but to me, I never saw what the big dead about it was