Notices

Just started suboxone. Need some advice

Old 10-17-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Day 2 at 2mg. Feel good, just tired and kinda sore
Old 10-17-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Noelle that's awesome! Do you feel any pain at all or anxiety?
Old 10-17-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Noelle14 View Post
Hi, everyone.
I'm new to this forum and wanted to share my story and ask for some advice from anyone who has been through this before. I have been taking opiates for about the past 2 years. In the last year, I was seeing a pain management doctor due to 2 ruptured disks in my lower back and a shattered tailbone. He stared me on 4 10mg Percocet and 2 15mg MS Contin a day. The MS Contin gave me some bad side effects, so he switched me to 20mg oxy extended release, 2 a da and within the last 3 months or so, upped it to 2 40mg oxy's a day as I was having pains in my hips and down my legs. The last few weeks, I've wanted to justbe off of it and decided I was done, but didn't have the time off of work to go ct. I went to a suboxone doc on fri after waiting over 24 hours since my last oxy and perc. He put me on 16mg a day (2 8mg strips) and told me I would be on it for at least a year. I don't want to be on it any more than a month. The last 2 days, I've cut my dose it 8mg and plan to cut down 2 mg every 4 days and be done. Has anyone had success or failure with this? Any advice is appreciated. I have always taken my meds as directed but was sick of it and couldn't take time off work for ct. Thanks in advance!
I didn't read all of the replies so someone might have already touched base with this. Do NOT mix Percocet or other opiates with Suboxone. You could go into withdrawals. I don't know how true that is because some people have gotten away with it but I suggest you don't. Wait at least a week before you take other opiates.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I feel some pain but not really any anxiety. And I'm not going to mix. I also have some kratom so when I jump off of the sub, if the withdrawls are really bad, I might take some of that
Old 10-17-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Be very carEful about the way you are handling your situation. I wouldn't tell the doctor who prescribed you the oxycodone....etc that you went on suboxone. You may be labeled as a person with opiate addiction and may prove for you to be unable to obtain any prescription painkillers because the will consider you an addict. I'm not trying to scare you but just wanted to forewarn you that many people associate suboxone with a drug problem. You never know your pain may get unbearable and you may need those pain pills again. If I were you I'd wean myself off the suboxone.....continue with the opiates and next time you see your pain mgt doc tell him you want to try coming off the pain meds until you need them sgain and he can slowly and safely ween you off. Klonadine is great for opiate withdrawals and can help ease the symptoms. I'm just telling you this because you don't want to be labeled as a person with addiction problems. If you are....they will be less likely to prescribe you other drugs like klonipin...ativan ..lyrica....etc. not trying to tell you what to do just some personal experienced advice.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I'm not going back to pm. I would rather deal with it on my own. I still have a bottle of percs left if it gets really bad but I really don't want to take them
Old 10-17-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I got to the point where I was sick of depending on medication, but I didn't have time off of work to go cold turkey off of my pain meds, so I went the suboxone route and am doing a fast taper off of that and not going back
Old 10-17-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good for you Noelle. I wish you the best of luck. Pain management can be tricky. I suffer from a herniated disk and was put on pain medication and that is where my downward spiral of addiction started. Wish I never told the doctors because they now see me as an addict and don't treat my pain appropriately. But I've been pretty lucky, the pain (monster) has been very good lately. I've been on Suboxone from 8 mgs all the way to 32 mgs. When I first started it in 2009 it got me so UP that I could not talk properly. When my body got used to it I felt nothing and told my doctor it was not working anymore. I got myself in a pickle, as you may imagine. Keep us up to date on your progress. Yes the less Suboxone the better but remember your still on an opiate and once you stop it takes time for your body to produce its own opiates so you may get a little down, feel bla, etc. I know from personal experience.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Day 3 at 2 mg( actually a little less cuz I took the smaller of the 2 cut halves). Still doing really well
Old 10-18-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

The pain is pretty brutal though. When I twist around or try to crack my back, I can feel my disks that are messed up
Old 10-18-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Noelle sorry you are in so much pain! What about WD? Are you feeling any WD? Does a chiropractor or physical therapist help?
Old 10-19-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I'm not feeling any withdrawl, but I have been really constipated since I started taking the sub, worse than before, so I took a laxative last night and my stomach is killing me today at work.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

At this point, I've been on suboxone for 16 days now and I've gone from 16mgs to a little less than 2 with no real discomfort other than the pain coming back. I may try and jump now and see how I do
Old 10-20-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Decided not to jump off just yet cuz I was having some major anxiety. Took about 1mg today and I'm gonna take little pieces till I feel ready
Old 10-20-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Took another sliver cuz I don't think I'm quite adjusted yet and I'm gonna go from there
Old 10-20-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Matthew. Taking a perc while on suboxone won't do much as the bupe competes and binds more strongly than oxy. However if you are taking oxy and then take bupe. That same mechanism of a stronger competition will win out over the oxy and greatly reduce the opiate site activity. Because of this sudden reduction in opiate activity people would experience an instant onset of withdrawal. Going from nothing to full withdrawal in a few minutes as opposed to a day is why precip WD is so horrid
Old 10-22-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple days. Still at around 2 mg's or 1.5. Starting a new taper tomorrow I found online that seems worth a shot and I'll let everyone know how it goes
Old 10-22-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Noelle glad you're back to share! How are you feeling? Any WD symptoms? You're doing great! I think it is best to take it down a little further before you jump.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Lover of the Light

Noelle, I just wanted to chime in with my experience. I tapered down to .25 before jump. I honestly don't know if this helped the end game withdrawal but jumping too high can be very unpleasant to say the least. It's lovely to see folks on this forum using suboxone at lower doses, it is strong stuff. And tapering off, you deserve so much credit. Congratulations and keep going!
Old 10-25-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Noelle,

Been about three days. Can you update us?