Notices

Ready to be free of methadone

Old 12-10-2012, 11:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Night owl

I ditto what RI24 says, I am SO thankful you all are here. It's been helping me, too. Not only getting useful info. about how stuff works for you, but especially knowing I am not alone. As a junkie--I definitely claim that word, too--I spend way too much time alone. It's part of the picture, we use, isolate, then isolate, use. Past few days have been wicked depression and anxiety. At least now I'm not expecting the suboxone to help that part. Gotta find other solutions.

RI, I'm going out in the world for the first time in a few days, too, and I know how scary that is. But like Tlh says Don't Use!! You'll be so bummed out if you do! Twelve days is something to be really, really proud of. Just keep remembering that. And hang in there minute by minute if you have to. We can all not use for a minute, right?

I just keep thinking about what Jay1986 said in another thread, I don't want to look back on my life either and realize all I did was chase oxy, the needle, the high. It's just so not worth it. Even if everything has to feel sucky for awhile longer.

Hang in there. You CAN do it!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Tlh

Originally Posted by Tlh View Post
Oh RI24 don't hate it, it's how you feel, everyone is here to help one another... I perfectly understand how you're feeling, tomorrow maybe you should write it down on your hand that "you will NOT use", I've done that, or write it in a little book of some sort. Or if you think you are going to use then go back home get on your computer and get on SR like I said there is plenty of support here, and we will try and do our best to keep you from not using.

So PLEASE do NOT USE tomorrow. (I know easier said then done) .. But just have a clear and free mind when going out tomorrow, or any day.

God Bless
TJ
Sorry I meant to say, keep you away from using... That is something we don't want anyone to do!
Old 12-14-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xSickandtiredx View Post
Thanks you for your reply Jazz.Im bracin myself to finally get off.I've just stopped takin the 10mg every other day and am takin just 5mg.How long should i continue this route before i stop completly?Would two weeks of 5mg a day be low enough and a good starting point to get off?Thanks again for your reply
There's never realy a good starting point sickandtired to come clean
It's what's in the head that maters the most.

I'd say 5 mils should be ok but if you can go lower

This is what I plan on doing when I get to 5 mill a day

Get 50 mill take 5 mill out and replace that with 5 mill of water and so on and so on , so that I'm die looting my 5 mill I've never tried this but it makes cense
Old 01-01-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

A little late in my reply but for what it's worth:

I took methadone for 3 years. I got as far up as 60mg. daily. Go as slow as you possibly can!! The slower the better.

I was lucky to find a doctor that I could FINALLY be honest with. We talked about suboxone if a taper didn't work but I was too scared to try it.

From around 27mg. to 2.5, (quarter of a 10 mg. pill) took about 3 months. and even after stopping I had pretty bad withdrawals for at least 14 day, then maybe a bit better for 2 more weeks after that.

The main thing was lack of sleep and hurting all over. Hot baths were the only thing that felt good, (and the 1 meal a day, that my husband made). After two weeks, I begged my doctor for something to help me sleep. He prescribed Ativan.

After about a month, I felt human again. Methadone is bad stuff and is the hardest thing I have ever come off of.

Be good to yourself and take your time. You can do it!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

This is helpful info. Ive been on methadone for aprox 2 years and been tapering down, ready to get off this & have heard it is tough, so that is a bit discouraging. This last week I went down 5mgs and felt it. I usually do 2-3 mgs so think I'm gonna stick w that. Right now I'm @ 54mgs liquid methadone. It has helped me, I had a bad oxycontin habit so I know this is better and if used right I think methadone is helpful. I just need to be determined(which I am) and take it slow. It is possible!