Notices

Want off Suboxone? Follow me...

Old 07-04-2011, 09:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Paulie...Welcome...

Because of your long history with various drugs...and you are now taking Valium.....I think you are expecting TO MUCH IMPROVEMENT TOO SOON.

I'm a recovered AA alcoholic....the final 5 years I drank it was alcoholically.
I used no drugs to de tox..only lasted 3 days ...but it took 2 months for me TO FEEL completely back in balance.,,

It did get easier each few days.....i walked often...ate healthy and made it a point to attend AA daily.

MY BEST TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ...KEEP MOVING FORWAARD
Old 07-05-2011, 06:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

In short, Carol's post alludes to things I was hinting at, but was hoping you'd say. When in withdrawal, its tough to focus on anything else, but the presence or absence of drug(s) isn't the main issue...it's what is inside. Working on our insides is a lifelong job that takes continuous effort.

The physical symptoms will pass. They may get worse and they may linger for months, but eventually they will pass. The demon inside, though, will remain...waiting!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Day 8 and it still sucks...

Last night was actually tough for me for the 1st time to fall asleep and when i finally did i slep for a few hours, enough for me to get up and function kinda sorta.... I had some bathroom issues this morning and some stomach pains which I hope will pass. I took some pepto for it so i hope it starts kicking in soon. Still some sneezing fits as well but those are getting better. Thanks for the welcoming as well by the way and to Tom S the words of encouragement. All and all I'm feeling like I'm getting some late w/d symptoms?? I mean don't get me wrong its not like the 1st couple days of coming off hard opiates in the 1st couple days... I'm on day 8 and still feel really unmotivated and I'm seriously just trying to push through... I want my f'ing life back...
Old 07-05-2011, 12:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Still day 8

So now I'm starting to experience some thigh pains again. I'm probably going to take ibuprofren 800 to see if that helps. Oh how wish this was fully over! It's confusing as hell cuz like some people are like yeah you feel good by day 5 others by days 8-10 others 2 weeks then the scariest is the people who say months... I can't do months... That's justvme though... I hate this... To anybody out there that are getting in to opiates any kind of it DON'T you don't want to exeperience this...
Old 07-06-2011, 06:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, this is my first post to this forum.

I am on Suboxone @ 20mg/day. Have been wanting to get off it. I tried a test and went 5 days without and hardly noticed any ill effects. I was wondering if this is unusual:

My doc advises I stay on it forever. I get treatment at a VA methadone/sub clinic and he says the statistics for the clinic are better than 90% of people getting off it (methadone & suboxone combined) start using opiates again. So, has any one else's doc advised them to stay on it forever? Seems like it might be a unique "recovery plan" that is not the norm.

Also, I've been on it for about two years and still get a bit of euphoria after taking it. Like maybe for 2-3 hours I get happier and more excited than normal. I've never had another person say it's the same for them so just wondering if that is true for anyone here.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I don't think exact statistics are ever available, but the deck is always stacked against the addict. Why are you wanting off if life is good? Your best bet is to discuss this with your doc. Perhaps you could taper down, but how could anyone online know?

All of this requires an honest cost/benefit analysis with your treatment team.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

totemynote.....thank you for your military service ...Welcome...

while I have no experience with what you are doing...I know that I will require certain meds to keep 2 of my chronic health issues in balance.
I have no intention of quitting anything beneficial to my well being.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:13 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Day 9 and still no subs for me!

Totemynote yeah I agree I would kinda get that euphoria feeling for a little in the morning.. So day 9 sucks, I had some rls the past 2 days and I read potassium is good and a so is milk of magnesia. Well it turns out milk of magnesia is also a laxative and I'm not sure if thats the reason or not but I'm having some bathroom problems today like bad.. I don't feel like I want a sub at all but I do wish I was feeling normal.. The rls seems to have subsided which is good and for the most part I slept okay last night, better then the 2 previous nights! I'm 9 days in which I'm proud of!!!!! I just can't wait until this all passes I really can't. This is a record for me I've never gone this long with out taking anything. I'm done with the valiums also.. I only took them for the first week to help with sleeping. I never messed with them in the past only a couple times and hated it.... I will continue to post my updates as usual so I guess stay tuned!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:02 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You said, follow me. Just curious because it seems the last post I see was in March. How are you doing with the detox? I'm day 3 without and feel like crap! I wish I knew then what I know now about this medication, I never would have started!!!!!!!!! I don't know what to do!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:19 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

katrinag350...Welcome.....

I hope you will soon feel veetter and are keeping your doctor informed

I know you are new to us...so probably are not aware of this SR Posting Rule.....but all members are expected to follow it

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.

Last edited by CarolD; 08-25-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
working on it

it seems the OP is gone?

anyways this is my first post. new here. hi everyone. spent time on other forums, but needed to get on one like this.

i figured i would let you all know i have come off suboxone multiple times at multiple doses. and have also used to to come off methadone.

and i just spent 22 days off of it, kicked right off, because i went to jail. i just got out last week. i was at 8mg. it was the easiest detox i have had, and was also the lowest dose i have come off of.

one thing i would like to say, i would rather come off anything like heroin, morphine, ect. and especially oxycodone or hydrocodone. those, to me, are nothing to come off of compared to suboxone (buprenorphine). the whole reason is.... half life. it has such a long half life, longer than methadone, making it take forever to get through withdrawals.

but i have a way to come off, and feel aboslutely nothing. at all. no pain at all. but i don't know if i can post all of it.

anyways i am really glad to be here. i am looking to find where to post for the new people to introduce themselves. but this is definately my spot. thanks.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:10 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR jaywilll

We ask everyone not to ask for or give medical advice, yes

D
Old 08-21-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jaywilll View Post

are nothing to come off of compared to suboxone (buprenorphine). the whole reason is.... half life. it has such a long half life, longer than methadone, making it take forever to get through withdrawals.

but i have a way to come off, and feel aboslutely nothing. at all. no pain at all. but i don't know if i can post all of it.
can you private message me about this... what helped you??? im having a very very hard time coming off suboxone
Old 08-21-2011, 07:59 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome sic

have you got a Dr?
what do they say?

D
Old 08-21-2011, 08:21 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

well in the past i have tryed to detox off subs..many times an have failed.. im on very low dose.. when i dont take the sub i have serve bodyaches an very bad depression i have asked the doc about this.. he said there is nothing to help thro the procss of the withdrawls an i have to wait it out..
Old 08-25-2011, 10:55 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Suboxone day 5

I was doing methaone just cause i was drinking and it helped with my hangovers.. Well a year and a half later i found myself in a bind. I located about 25 suboxone 8 mg and took them for 40 days. Started at 8mg and worked down to 1mg and jumped. Withdraws Suck period.. but nothing like full opiate...im on day 5 woke up feeling great then as day goes on it got worse..any advice...
Old 08-25-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

protocol...... Welcome

Please contact your doctor about how best to proceed
Old 08-25-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Doctor Not included
Old 08-25-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

my advice would be to seek professional medical advice Protocol.

D
Old 08-25-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

ok