Notices

Suboxone ?s need help now! Please!! <3

Old 06-20-2009, 04:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Here in NY you can go to the local pharmacy for the subs and they cost about $225.00 for a month's supply. My son didnt have any insurance either. His doctor cost $200 for the initial visit and then thereafter it will be $125 each month he has an appointment. $500 seems like an awful lot.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Punka**

That's what I thought, too...but it's $602 for 90 and a little over $500 for 60, if i properly recall.

I'm feeling surprisingly okay today.

It's day 3.

I had 1/2 of an 8mg pill this morning and managed to get some solid food on my stomach. I couldn't sleep much at all, so I broke down and went to the ER last night to see if they could help me with that. The doctor was great. I was completely honest with her about EVERYTHING and she gave me a lot of helpful advice and fifteen helpful little xanax. I slept a good nights sleep for the first time in a week last night! :ghug2

Aside from the chills and night sweats, I'm feeling surprisingly okay right now. I have noooo energy and don't feel like getting off the couch, but I don't feel like screaming, either...unless I think about it. I'm a little irritable, but not horrible.

I'm wondering if the worst is yet to come. I've been reading a lot about suboxone withdrawal and it sounds scary.

I cut down to 4mg today. Since I just started the sub's, I think I'm gonna try to get off of them entirely within a week.

So, how is everyone else??

Up With The Sun? You hangin' in there?

Oh!!! And something really peeved me off. I hate the gdmuthaeffinsobin healthcare industry. I could buy xanax cheaper on the streets than what they charged me for 15 of the .25 white ones! $11.29 for 15!!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 03:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's $150 for 30, which is all you need for a month, in our area pharmacists, Pistol.

KJ
Old 06-22-2009, 04:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Punka**

Well, I'm in my 4th day now.

Cut myself down to 4mg on the Sub's. I actually feel okay, aside from the sweats and chills and bit of lethargy. I'm hoping not to be on the sub's long term at all.

It's weird. I'm sleeping, eating, all that stuff. Still not entirely comfortable, but I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would be.

I had a wrench thrown in my plans today, also. I found out I'm 10 weeks pregnant. I haven't had a period in months because of the heroin. When I went to get a pregnancy test after my first missed period, it came up negative. I went to the doctor and they did a pregnancy test, also negative, and told me that the heroin could affect my cycles. I didn't think anything of missing my period because of that. My boobs were a little sore, so just to be on the safe side, I took a test and it came up positive. Went for an ultrasound today and I'm 10 weeks along. They say everything looks fine, despite the drug use & w/d. Told me to taper myself off the sub's as soon as possible and to quit them now if I thought it were possible. Going to hit up some counseling this week to figure out what to do about all this.

Da to the mn.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

Hey, glad things are getting better. I think taking whatever you have left of the subs would be ok, slowly. Your withdrawals may be a little prolonged, but it should continue to minimize.
Congrats on your pregnancy. I am pregnant as well. 5 months. I am a vicodin addict and have just recently stopped. I am consumed with guilt and fear. If you quit now, and do not relapse, your baby may be fine. This is a human being we are talking about here and you have to keep telling yourself that. I have 2 and 4 year old daughters. When I was going through detox, someone said to me "would you take this pill and give it to your 4-year old?" I said "of course not" and she said "well thats what youre doing to your baby. You are force feeding him drugs". Really struck a nerve. Good luck, parenting is a lot of work.
I wonder if suboxone or maybe subutex is ok during pregnancy??
Old 08-20-2009, 07:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pistoletta View Post
I couldn't sleep last night. Finally dozed off around 6am...and I couldn't manage to stay asleep any longer than just now. I've got the chills and I'm a little uneasy at this point. I haven't taken the pills yet, though if this cramp in my stomach gets much worse, I'm going to. I've been trying to hold off as long as possible.

I appreciate your concern, but please do not try to explain to me the benefits of NA. And please don't tell me I can't do this without NA. It's not the only program out there. Just because YOU couldn't do it without NA and the people in NA couldn't do it without NA doesn't mean that the rest of the world can't do it, either. That's really discouraging and ridiculous. There are several programs in the world, and just because you found the one that happens to work for you doesn't mean it's going to work for me. I try to be extremely nice and respectful when I talk about NA, as I believe most to be good people, but if you're going to come at me with that BS, I'd rather not take your advice nor your help. Thank you.
Your right Pistoletta, N/A isnt the only program out there. I was an opiate addict for years then went on Suboxone Maintanance. I have made it 2 years on Suboxone maintainance. Now dont get me wrong you can do it without N/A/ I did it. I have been off Suboxone for 2 years now and finally quit cold turkey. I have been 3 weeks without it now. Now dont get me wrong I didnt need N/A or anything so yes it can be done. But the chances are very very slim when yoiu try to do it on your own. Some people like you and me just arent N/A type of people. But the main reason I want to post is to let you know that suboxone maintainance is not the way to go.I also Had to quit Suboxone cold turkeyas of 3 weeks ago. Because of the cost of doctor visits and the medication iutself. To anyone thinking about suboxone I advise not to. It has been 22 days since I stopped taking Suboxone. I was down to 8 mg once a day. The withdrawals are still lingerig. But dont let that discourage you. Even though symptoms still linger there is light at the tunnell. Because every day is actually a little easier. I will tell you the process of the withdrawal I had and length of time as well. Seems no one has posted anything of that sort so here yoiu go. Day 1&2 werent so bad. A little irritating more than anything. day 3 and for just started getting miserable. diarrhea and fatigue and anxiety began aroiund day 3 or 4. Now hte hardest part is from around day 5 to 10. This is where the cold sweats broke in and the joint pains and RLS.I know it was the most horrible thing I have ever gone through. But... like I said before,"There is light at the end of the tunnell", especially if you can make it this far. Now after day 11 or so is when things started to turn for the better. every day after this actually starts to get a llittle better. Now I am not sugesting anything but I did find that smoking a little pot now and then helped to ease Anxiety, panick attacks and cravings. And the 5 hour energy shots loaded w/ vitamin B helps a litle with the Fatigue. But anyways. It is now day 22 and yesterday was probably the best day I have had so far. Had some energy to move around alittle bit and the other symptoms were less harsh and less often.So to sum it all up I am still experiencing withdrawal symptoms but it is now tollerable at least. But the hardest part of qquitting is the first week and a half to 2 weeks. As hard as it is keep your head up and tell yourself outloud " can do this" over and over again. It isnt an easy road but it can be done, I was on suboxone for 2 years. Regardless of the doctors telling you its easier to come off of or whatever it is they say to get you or keep you on Suboxone, dont liusten. It is difficult . If you are thinking about it dont do it. If you are on it try to get off of it. At least here you have an idea of what to expect and for how long. I hope my miserable experience with this will help someone else. If there are any questions feel free to ask. Good luck and I hope this shed some light for you
Old 09-06-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

short history about my previous use here to start off. My name is nick,
i was working as a welder for 9 years. i made $40 an hour doing that, needless
to say i was able to afford my addiction then, of course at the time, i was aware
of what i was doing to myself, but at that age i guess i didnt care as much. Im 27 now
i spent 6 years addicted to moraphine, and hydros. pretty much any opoid i could get really but those were my preference. now when i got laid off, things got bad for me. before i was on the pills, i was on heroin, and i kicked that cold. when i knew i needed the helpi went and got it, i was on the here to help program and i was prescribed suboxone for one year. i started out at 16mgs a day, one strip in the morning one in the evening. and then i went to 8mgs every other day until i was only taking about 2mgs every other day, then i got to about .5mgs at the end for about 2 months. i took my last little piece of suboxone (films) on weds of last week, today is 8 days in and im feeling bad. insomnia, not much diaria, cold chills then hot flash, my veins tingle, im
absolutly drained of energy and i have no interest in doing anything i love to do. im a guitarist of 20 years. and i cant even pick it up right now. my brain is depleading my body of its nutriants and my immune system is down, so ived also developed mrsa. this wil be the second time i have gotten a flare up. the last time it was from the immune system being down from a detox from the pills.
but i was prescribed pills for the pain becasue i had mrsa on afew spots on my body. so now 8 days in, the first 3 were not bad at all, now im taking a mens multi vitamin, zinc and hydrating i mowed the lawn today, had to force that. fet great when it was done, big yard, broke a sweat. but the motivation was gone after that, we just made chii for dinner, green peppers, chicken and beef, tomatoes, and after that meal, i sat down and thought wow, this is great. food is nice. ha. but still the symptoms presist and im only 8 days in, so im thinking next wednsday will be a half way mark for me. i also start work on monday, nothing physacally demanding so at least ive got that
going. now the docter who prescribed this to me, is very close to me, she knows me well and she is absolutly wonderful to me. i called her today and told her that im 8 days in and she was so happy about that. however, the one thing that im having a problem with is this underdeveloped case of mrsa. im not sure what i can do other than take antibiotics which i start tommorrow, but im wondering how thats going to make me feel with the vitamins. i guess im just starting here so anything any one can tell me or share with me woud be a great help and much appriciated.
Nick
Old 09-07-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Resident Alien

Originally Posted by grotesquedeliri View Post
short history about my previous use here to start off. My name is nick,
i was working as a welder for 9 years. i made $40 an hour doing that, needless
to say i was able to afford my addiction then, of course at the time, i was aware
of what i was doing to myself, but at that age i guess i didnt care as much. Im 27 now
i spent 6 years addicted to moraphine, and hydros. pretty much any opoid i could get really but those were my preference. now when i got laid off, things got bad for me. before i was on the pills, i was on heroin, and i kicked that cold. when i knew i needed the helpi went and got it, i was on the here to help program and i was prescribed suboxone for one year. i started out at 16mgs a day, one strip in the morning one in the evening. and then i went to 8mgs every other day until i was only taking about 2mgs every other day, then i got to about .5mgs at the end for about 2 months. i took my last little piece of suboxone (films) on weds of last week, today is 8 days in and im feeling bad. insomnia, not much diaria, cold chills then hot flash, my veins tingle, im
absolutly drained of energy and i have no interest in doing anything i love to do. im a guitarist of 20 years. and i cant even pick it up right now. my brain is depleading my body of its nutriants and my immune system is down, so ived also developed mrsa. this wil be the second time i have gotten a flare up. the last time it was from the immune system being down from a detox from the pills.
but i was prescribed pills for the pain becasue i had mrsa on afew spots on my body. so now 8 days in, the first 3 were not bad at all, now im taking a mens multi vitamin, zinc and hydrating i mowed the lawn today, had to force that. fet great when it was done, big yard, broke a sweat. but the motivation was gone after that, we just made chii for dinner, green peppers, chicken and beef, tomatoes, and after that meal, i sat down and thought wow, this is great. food is nice. ha. but still the symptoms presist and im only 8 days in, so im thinking next wednsday will be a half way mark for me. i also start work on monday, nothing physacally demanding so at least ive got that
going. now the docter who prescribed this to me, is very close to me, she knows me well and she is absolutly wonderful to me. i called her today and told her that im 8 days in and she was so happy about that. however, the one thing that im having a problem with is this underdeveloped case of mrsa. im not sure what i can do other than take antibiotics which i start tommorrow, but im wondering how thats going to make me feel with the vitamins. i guess im just starting here so anything any one can tell me or share with me woud be a great help and much appriciated.
Nick
Hey man, I'm 50+ days off suboxone and my upswing started around 7-9 days it seems like (its chronicled, in great detail on my blog, link below my name to the left where it says "blog entries: 32"). It took probably 2-3 weeks to really get over the physical stuff, but I definitely started feeling better after the 1 week mark.

I discovered that making myself exercise, even though it was the last thing I wanted to do, was a great help. It would kill my anxiety and sluggishness, albeit for a little while, but on days I didn't work up a sweat things seemed to go much worse for me.

Another thing that helped me was just writing on here, whether on posts or in my blog. Some of it seems mindless, but just writing about what I was feeling was a great help. And when I go back and read my stuff from those first few weeks, it is great motivation to keep going.

Welcome to the forums! Its not an easy road, but you are SO CLOSE to the upswing, it really should start improving soon.