BigDaddys story

Old 11-04-2004, 07:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

BigDaddys story

First let me thank everyone on here for all their wonderful stories and encouragement.

My life was a train wreck this time last year. My wife was contemplating leaving me for an employee of mine, my kids were shying away from me and had lost all faith in me, my business was falling apart, my home was about to be foreclosed on, my employees were stealing from me, my own parents didnt trust me, and my friends felt sorry for me. What a guy I had become.

November 1,2004 marked one full year of sobriety for me and what a different world it has brought. My relationship with my children is one that other dad's would envy. We do so much together and have long talks for hours. They are just 9 and 10 and probably wont remember what a loser their dad had become, but their forgiveness and love have meant the world to my recovery. I coach little league and even take an active role in the girl scouts these days.

There was a lot of damage done to my relationship with my wife and we are still together and working daily on gaining the trust we once shared.

My business is reaching new highs and growing daily. I have gained a lot of respect from my family and peers and they no longer feel sorry for me. They actually look to me for leadership now.

Im not going to lie to you it hasn't been easy. I think about drinking just about every day. I enjoyed drinking and miss it, but know what will happen if I go back there. Seems my first meeting I learned the phrase " people, places , and things" and use that daily as I try to not let the little things get at me. The big things I don't run from anymore and deal with them as they hit.

I worked hard at making a year and am very proud to be able to write my story and join the others before me who worked hard and made it too. It has been a tough road , but one fight I'm glad I didn't walk away from.

Thank you all so much for helping return my life and family to me!