Accepting and not trting to fix it

Old 05-12-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I get I can't fix my AH. So...was it wrong of me to call his PO?

Everyone tells me I did the right thing. He has no idea I called. For that, I feel very guilty. He's headed in the right direction now because of the call..is this all going to fail because I initiated his low point?

I want so much just to run away and forget he exists...let him live his messed up life and me find a new life empty of all the drama..
Old 05-14-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I understand the wanting to run away...I think, though, that we have drama in us too...especially after some time. Not sure...not sure of anything, but I think that I am working on myself...and in detaching...he is free to do what he will. I always get confused on whether I am being a codependent or healthy when I do things like call...for instance, right now...dealing with a heroin addict daughter and have decided to not turn on her phone to not enable her ability to get drugs through it, but the police officer also encouraged me to do it if I needed it for my peace of mind. So, can you be kind to yourself and know that what you did was for your peace of mind? We don't have to tell them everything either...that is really hard for me, but we have a right to do things that are healthy for us and not to share absolutely everything...and that can make things better. Over-sharing has created huge issues in my life.