My BP

Old 11-09-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Of course it doesn't. Two year olds understand that something hungry likes to eat.

But what about YOU?

GT

PS: AVRT version of your signature saying: First the man takes a drink, then the man with his happy Beast takes a drink, then the man with a demanding Beast takes a drink against his own better judgement.

Or: First the man takes a puff of hoot, then the man with his happy Beast takes a puff of hoot, then the man with a demanding Beast takes a puff of hoot against his own better judgement.
GT, I absolutely love how you put that, I hope you don't mind if I steal It
Old 11-09-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
I went on a prescheduled vacation not long after making my BP. The adults only, patios and marinas 'tour' , the real relaxy boozy kind.
My only regret is that I allowed myself to be so moody, pissy and whiny about hearing my Beast rattling the cage .
IT rattles the cage now, thinking about a trip to Jamaica , to me ITconjures up all things rum and ghanja . Silly , stupid Beast , I realize I am not depriving myself of anything, not anything worth it , IT doesnt have the power to make me feel pissy , that is all on me and the sooner I realized that part too, the even sillier the Beast seems.
To me IT conjures up Rum and Ganja too! Thanks for your input, I am not going to allow IT to ruin my vacation.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well, I am feeling pretty damn good. Other than constant thoughts that I should smoke on weekends only, which I have finally come to realize isn't me, its the beast that wants me to numb out.

So far so good, IT hasn't had a drink or a hoot in 3 days!
Old 11-09-2017, 08:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by icandothis20 View Post
GT, I absolutely love how you put that, I hope you don't mind if I steal It
ICDT,

Sure, feel free.
And let us know if and when you decide to turn the tables against your happy hoot Beast and kill off the 'Stoned You'.

GT
Old 11-09-2017, 08:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Tatsy- I couldn't sleep a wink last night, I didn't have my normal sleeping aid lol. So I re read your entire thread, wow how inspirational! You go girl!!! It helped me to pick up where my AV was too.
Thank you, icandothis! My AV would employ three strategies to entice me to drink:

The Past: regret, resentment, anger, sadness, self-pity, would've, should've, could'ves.......you might as well drink;

The Present: this is fantastic, this is exciting, this is awesome, this is boring, this is maddening, this is unfair, how dare they, I can't stand this, why me.......I might as well drink;

The Future: I'm doomed, there's no hope for me, I'm afraid, I'm scared, It's too late, I'll never live long anyway after all the damage I've done, just one more night and then I'll start again tomorrow.......I might as well drink.

I'm sure your Beast has similar habitual thought patterns, enticing you to drink/smoke Its favourite stuff. What are your Beast's favourite AV thoughts?
Old 11-09-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I had some workmen around today and every hour or so I asked them if they wanted a tea or coffee. That's my natural drinking rate which is probably too high, ah well. The situation made me think of AV. They couldn't stop me asking (because it was my house) and they may have found me irritating, though I hope not, but all they had I do was say no if they didn't want a drink and I would have gone away, and to reappear from my lair an hour later of course.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:10 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
quat

looquacious?
Old 11-09-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlericB View Post
I had some workmen around today and every hour or so I asked them if they wanted a tea or coffee. That's my natural drinking rate which is probably too high, ah well. The situation made me think of AV. They couldn't stop me asking (because it was my house) and they may have found me irritating, though I hope not, but all they had I do was say no if they didn't want a drink and I would have gone away, and to reappear from my lair an hour later of course.

A real tea hound eh? I don't know if you were trying to be funny but I find this analogy to be quite apt and cute.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:46 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Well, I am feeling pretty damn good. Other than constant thoughts that I should smoke on weekends only, which I have finally come to realize isn't me, its the beast that wants me to numb out.

So far so good, IT hasn't had a drink or a hoot in 3 days!
My AV tried to get me to play let's make deal for awhile. Very early on after quitting drinking I smoked pot a few times. It didn't take me long to realize though that the best way to handle my AV is no bargains, no defeat, no surrender. It's way easier that way, give IT an inch, IT will take a mile and IT is so relentless. Gotta starve IT! Then after some time IT mostly goes away.... although never completely away. I rarely have those thoughts anymore, being sober is normal to me now but in the beginning it didn't feel normal at all. The first 3 months I thought about how I wasn't drinking all the time and I felt out of place when I went out to socialize. I definitely noticed the absence. By 6 months I had settled in and now at more than 8 months sober is my default and it's easy sailing.

Just keep recognizing your AV and stay true to your BP and you'll be fine.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:08 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
looquacious?
LOL. Was the loo, instead of lo in loquacious on purpose. More LOLs, I've often been accused of having verbal diarrhoea! But seriously, yes, when I was drinking and for a while afterwards, my AV could outalk even me.....

Loved your tea AV analogy, Aleric, very apt.