Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Secular Recovery > Secular Connections
Reload this Page >

How is everyone in the Secular Connections forum doing this year?

How is everyone in the Secular Connections forum doing this year?

Old 05-09-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Congratulations!! 5 years is great!
Old 05-09-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
quat

shockozulu
AWE and then SOME , congrats, you deserve it , dontcha?
Everyone does, for those reading go get some , it's yours and you can have it, you deserve it, go after it and grab it!
Old 05-10-2016, 12:39 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Very nice shock.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:21 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Thank you all. I'm rewarding myself by signing up for the new Facilitator program at SMART. They have waved my costs for the longer, more complex training program. I'm rusty on some of the tools I used in early recovery and want to use them now that I'm quitting smoking
Old 05-15-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Shock: I remember SMART recovery! It's been a few years (as you can see from my join date, I've been chasing sobriety for quite some time...) I'm glad to see another "reactivated" thread over here; as you said, it can seem a little quiet. I read all over SR, but I'm feeling much more comfortable posting my thoughts and my meager progress (one week today) in this general vicinity. Sincere congratulations on such a major anniversary!

Arp
Old 05-23-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Shock this is from a Giants fan! congrats on 5 years , I will be at SMART tonight in Santa Clara, it is nice to have choice. My son lives in L.A. so I will be at a Dodgers game this summer and I am looking forward to it.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:58 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by Arpeggioh View Post
Shock: I remember SMART recovery! It's been a few years (as you can see from my join date, I've been chasing sobriety for quite some time...) I'm glad to see another "reactivated" thread over here; as you said, it can seem a little quiet. I read all over SR, but I'm feeling much more comfortable posting my thoughts and my meager progress (one week today) in this general vicinity. Sincere congratulations on such a major anniversary!

Arp
Congrats on your week! I'm on my first week not smoking after a relapse so I know how hard it is. One day, hour or minute at a time and before you know it I'm farther away from those cigs.
Originally Posted by fred59 View Post
Shock this is from a Giants fan! congrats on 5 years , I will be at SMART tonight in Santa Clara, it is nice to have choice. My son lives in L.A. so I will be at a Dodgers game this summer and I am looking forward to it.
I'm going to a game this summer as well. Much of my family are Giants fans so I have to carry some respect for your 3 recent World Series wins.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Doing really well at about 13 months since my last drink. Unfortunately, I had a couple slips in spring 2015, or otherwise I would be just passing the two year mark. Can't look back though, learned and moved on.

I feel really at peace now, and living without alcohol is just the norm. I don't think about it much other than the occasional fleeting thought. I am living with my fiancee, who was a very light drinker before she met me but quit entirely after learning about my past, and it does help to live with a non-drinker. But I am also not dependent on her for my sobriety, as she does go away for business sometimes, and my mindset stays the same even when she is not around for a couple days. I am able to see alcohol for what it is - a destructive force in my life and destructive for society in general. It does not hold any allure for me anymore, it has been "exposed" in my eyes.

That said, I'm always vigilant, the AV has a way of popping up occasionally when we least expect it. Hope everyone else is doing well, and stay strong.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

STILL KICKING IT! Abstinence intact!